The Falkirk FC Thread

My very 1st ST was 95/96 and I picked a rotter. The season later was crap for league too.

I also had 1 when we got relegated in 02 so I've watched worse Falkirk teams than this 1.

I don't ever remember there being such a need to buy 1 before. I've always bought out of blind faith that I don't want to do anything else on a Saturday.

1 thing I always say is when the good times roll round I'm so glad I went when it was shite. It's so fake watching all those people who turn up for the big game acting the big 1 knowing they haven't been since the last major final etc. 

If you just want to watch Falkirk in the good times their is another 16K you can join.

45 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I renewed mine the day after they went on sale as I always intended to anyway no matter who we bought.

I'm not convinced we are going to get anyone in who will make folk rush out and renew. I hope and pray I'm wrong but not holding my breath.

I'm sure there would've been a fair few who now aren't getting a season ticket but would have if we got a bums on seat signing, its not mindblowingly a huge number but if its 50-100 its £s that won't be there now

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why sign up shepherd on a deal and have o'hara in the squad and then bring in a youth player from servo. No sense in that. St mirren punted him and replaced him with loy.we're going the other way.

The whole loy thing is a simple rumour to make us look ambitious whilst we actually sign the same mediocrity.

Why did we bring in Duffy when we had Ian McSween ?

Be consistent 

So the club started a rumour over a player who is in contract ?

Remind me your Houstie didn't sound keen rumour re Loy ?

Again be consistent 

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm sure there would've been a fair few who now aren't getting a season ticket but would have if we got a bums on seat signing, its not mindblowingly a huge number but if its 50-100 its £s that won't be there now

Be consistent 

Again be consistent 

Duffy was our player. It looks like Hardie is possibly going to be a loan which is a totally different situation. We hadn't just given mcsween a new contract. He had been given a long term contract a few years before so we couldn't get rid of him  As soon as it ran out he was off the books.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Duffy was our player. It looks like Hardie is possibly going to be a loan which is a totally different situation.

You're complaining about a player who we may not be interested in, arriving on a loan which may not exist, instead of signing a player who is only rumoured to be on our radar.

That's a perfectly valid reason for having a moan. Do carry on. 

Oh, here's a wee tidbit about Alex Harris, who you've slaughtered on here. I haven't seen him with a ball at his feet yet. But I did see him doing the  various tests at Stirling Uni today. When they were doing the speed test, he got a massive round of applause from the rest of the squad after recording a speed that blew away the times everyone else before him had logged. 

The players are happy he's here. I think they know a little bit more about him than you do so I'm happy to trust their judgement. 

41 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

My very 1st ST was 95/96 and I picked a rotter. The season later was crap for league too.

I also had 1 when we got relegated in 02 so I've watched worse Falkirk teams than this 1.

I don't ever remember there being such a need to buy 1 before. I've always bought out of blind faith that I don't want to do anything else on a Saturday.

1 thing I always say is when the good times roll round I'm so glad I went when it was shite. It's so fake watching all those people who turn up for the big game acting the big 1 knowing they haven't been since the last major final etc. 

If you just want to watch Falkirk in the good times their is another 16K you can join.

The difference is under Houston it is so utterly predictable, from the predictable signings to the safety first football. 

Everyone is choking for Loy to sign, he wasn't good enough to get us promoted last time round. He might be better than Baird and McHugh but not that much better to get us up. I'd rather we roll the dice and sign two unknown foreigners, it would add a bit of excitement. 

You are right, there has been worse Falkirk teams, but it's never been so dull and predictable 

37 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Be consistent 

Again be consistent 

I played 5's with Ian McSween until fairly recently. Poor guys knees are fucked now and he's had to even pack in playing 5's.

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

You're complaining about a player who we may not be interested in, arriving on a loan which may not exist, instead of signing a player who is only rumoured to be on our radar.

Oh, here's a wee tidbit about Alex Harris, who you've slaughtered on here. I haven't seen him with a ball at his feet yet. But I did see him doing the  various tests at Stirling Uni today. When they were doing the speed test, he got a massive round of applause from the rest of the squad after recording a speed that blew away the times everyone else before him had logged. 

The players are happy he's here. I think they know a little bit more about him than you do so I'm happy to trust their judgement. 

I'd rather be talking about actual signings but rumours are unfortunately all we have to currently discuss.

I remember the players at the time raving about Danjil Marceta when he signed and we all know how that one worked out. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

The club would be better off with 1900 STs and the remaining 2200 who turned up last season all paying at the gate.

Probably best the club wait until after the ST deadline to announce we actually signed 3 top drawer players.

Can someone come collect Roman from our thread please?
He's gotten lost and is embarrassing himself again, cheers.

Thanks for your concern. No need to worry re my welfare though...I'm fine.

Well done for pointing this out though.

I am sure you will find that when the posters on this thread see what dreadful statements I am responding to there may be a few more comments on your thread.

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I played 5's with Ian McSween until fairly recently. Poor guys knees are fucked now and he's had to even pack in playing 5's.

Know the feeling too well....:wacko:

So no big signing announced. What a bunch of utter let downs the 'ITKs' are.

Two other names banded about yesterday on loan from Celtic. Gary MacKay Steven (which I would be astounded if it happened) and Jamie McCart.

Like BB I think the Loy signing still has a decent chance of happening.

I have said many times that Harris should be given a good chance before anyone judges him. However because he can run fast proves absolutely nothing. Seb Coe could run faster than anyone In the world at his distance in his time but could he play football? It means nothing.

Added to that it wouldn't take Usain Bolt to beat speed times from Falkirk in the last few seasons as we have had no pace in the side anyway.

A massive round of applause for a guy running fast! Imagine just how crazy they will go if Muirhead was ever to find someone with one of his crosses!

Regarding signings I won't believe any speculation until I read about on the Bairns Business Twitter account.