The Falkirk FC Thread

Don't remember Baillie although I think he played in the first ever game that I attended. John Markie would walk into my favourite players compilation and Johnny Graham was a great player too.

Great times, fantastic memories. (Although I struggle to remember a lot of it.) 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Think this may be the one you're thinking of? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7917978.stm 

A 1-0 loss at home to Dundee Utd. 

I remember that game.  Did he not say that he "lost the ball in the floodlights " or some such pish?  Aye ok Tam.

ETA - just read the match report.  That was peak delusional Yogi.  Hard worker, gave everything, ahm no goanie point the finger but...

Edited by Disco Duck

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Thinking back to Denis Devlin. Was he a great keeper or is my memory failing me. I remember Willie Wigham more

Before my time...now if it was Martin Melvin

35 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Ryan Hardie.

I'd take him obviously with another striker in. He created havoc for us for Raith.

We will just need to run it past Yogi first....!!!

26 minutes ago, billyg said:

1 hour ago, BottiBiabi said:

Loy to be given chance at Dens. Shite

Is there a reliable source for this?

The COYB page has what looks like a newspaper cutting with the words "Loy Handed Chance To Resurrect Dee Career". The cutting has no date and nothing to identify the newspaper.

However, a check of the websites for the local Dundee papers - the Evening Telegraph & Courier - show no such headlines. There are various stories dated today, but none about Loy. The nearest you get to it is a story in the Courier in which Neill McCann talks about bringing in four or five, and also included the quote "there might be boys who won't be here for whatever reason".

I think I'm smelling shite. Do you have info which can prove me wrong or are you just speculating based on the COYB post?

Is there a reliable source for this?
The COYB page has what looks like a newspaper cutting with the words "Loy Handed Chance To Resurrect Dee Career". The cutting has no date and nothing to identify the newspaper.
However, a check of the websites for the local Dundee papers - the Evening Telegraph & Courier - show no such headlines. There are various stories dated today, but none about Loy. The nearest you get to it is a story in the Courier in which Neill McCann talks about bringing in four or five, and also included the quote "there might be boys who won't be here for whatever reason".
I think I'm smelling shite. Do you have info which can prove me wrong or are you just speculating based on the COYB post?

This came from twitter, however, the image that has been put on the COYB page further backs it up. Is there a reason why you are doubting this or is it just a hunch?

Just now, BottiBiabi said:

This came from twitter, however, the image that has been put on the COYB page further backs it up. Is there a reason why you are doubting this or is it just a hunch?

It's the twin facts that the story doesn't appear online and the date has been (I suspect) deliberately omitted from the cutting I saw. What Twitter is it?