The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah the point is they keep talking about this quality and then sign players like Alex harris

Agreed, Harris is no better than what we have. The fact that people weren't exactly rushing out to buy season tickets when he signed says it all.

All 4 of them would get into the Falkirk side faf

Scobbie next to Grant definitely, Fyvie probably starts in central midfield, Flood got bitched by Kerr twice in the playoffs and looks like a broken down old man, and Murdoch is hopeless. Keatings would've been a good signing and I'd probably have taken King over Harris. United have signed the best of the four sides the bookies have as favourites but they're not ground breaking.

Scobbie was comfortably playing for the team who finished fourth last season, and we offered him a new deal. He'd walk into any Championship defence easily

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Murdoch will surely be their starting right back unless they sign someone else. With him scobbie and the two centre halfs it will undoubtedly be the slowest defence in scottish football.

Durnan has his flaws but he is far from the slowest centre half around. Comfortably the quickest of our three when he was with us.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scobbie was comfortably playing for the team who finished fourth last season, and we offered him a new deal. He'd walk into any Championship defence easily

He started 18 games.

He started 18 games.

Yup. He was injured for three months of the season though. He played 8 of our last 10 matches, and we only conceded six goals in that time.

That happens a lot at St Johnstone though, does it not?

Not really. But we offer lower wages with high incentive bonuses. Basically our chairman wanted to force Wrights hand into giving the various youngsters who are highly thought of a chance rather than an aging Scobbie. Which I'm all for actually, he's solid, but he's never going to improve or earn us money in the future, the young guys have shown they can cope and might.

Tam was ok at centre half but too slow to play left back the last time he played for us so god knows what his pace is like now. He offers absolutely nothing going forward in that position either. I certainly wouldn't have him instead of Gallacher.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Durnan has his flaws but he is far from the slowest centre half around. Comfortably the quickest of our three when he was with us.

Well he and edjenguele were snail like when we played them in the playoffs last season.

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Scobbie next to Grant definitely, Fyvie probably starts in central midfield, Flood got bitched by Kerr twice in the playoffs and looks like a broken down old man, and Murdoch is hopeless. Keatings would've been a good signing and I'd probably have taken King over Harris. United have signed the best of the four sides the bookies have as favourites but they're not ground breaking.

Scobbie seems nowadays to pick up injuries here and there, he's a centre half playing left back which is no good to us and as much as I had a soft spot for him, I'd not be overly keen for us to sign him.

Fyvie is energetic, that's about it, his passing is worse than Taiwos, gets a nosebleed in the last third and Kerr's shooting is better !!!...nah for me

Murdoch maybe made a poor move away from us but at right back, see Scobbie at left back but change to midfielder. He is also another with niggly injuries.

Keatings  is one of those enigma players, can do it but doesn't often enough.

King hasn't kicked a ball since Hearts promotion season.

Unless they get a tune out of Keatings, I don't particularly fear the utd signings

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Flood is utter shite, I was shocked how bad he was last season. He's finished if he can't make a good impression at this level.

TBH, I have a simmering admiration for any player who can commit that many fouls and consistently escape the correct punishment.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

TBH, I have a simmering admiration for any player who can commit that many fouls and consistently escape the correct punishment.

That's a very good point. I think he gets away with it 'cause he looks like he couldn't tackle yer granny!

3 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Don't think folk would disagree that Flood isn't exactly great. He'd still not be "nowhere near" your midfield though.

Well, he'd be 5th or 6th in line for one of two central midfield places so, on that basis, I think that 'nowhere near' is a fair assessment. 

He'd be exactly the kind of signing that would see Shadwell's cat head for the hills!

14 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Flood is utter shite, I was shocked how bad he was last season. He's finished if he can't make a good impression at this level.

100% this. Mark Kerr will drop down the pecking order, probably craigan, Taiwo, Sibbs, McKee all infront of him. with that point, considering Kerr far outperformed Flood, it's fairly evident he would be 'nowhere near' our centre 2 in midfield. 

And the new deal was a pay cut....shining light indeed.

A pay cut to his basic wage, but appearance bonuses would make it equal to what he used to earn