The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm in two minds a bit too about Sibbald resigning to be honest. Good player but lets face it if he signs he'll only be doing it for a year because no ones interested in paying compo for him. Next year he'll then bugger off for hee haw.  We should be saying two year deal like it or lump it.

This^^^^^[emoji1303]

My bad I thought Devlin was still under 22. If we've got the cash to sign up Sibbald and still cover all the other areas where we're short then great but at the end of the day the deal for him has been on the table for a while so it obviously his least preferred option. Aslong as we've still got money in the budget to get in a right back and a left back which should now be our priorities if Loy is on his way.

11 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Would it be a development fee like we'd hold out for with Sibbald?

I'm not sure of the ins and out but he only joined ayr 3 years ago and is now 23. Not sure if that constitutes the right to claim a development fee ? It's not as if they were his first club either. 

ETA: missed the posts above saying similar.

Edited by Believe The Hype

52 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't see Grant extending his deal again to be honest. Would it not perhaps be more likely to be Hippo or Austin?  I'm in two minds a bit too about Sibbald resigning to be honest. Good player but lets face it if he signs he'll only be doing it for a year because no ones interested in paying compo for him. Next year he'll then bugger off for hee haw.  We should be saying two year deal like it or lump it. Plus the fact is we never use him in his best position. He's too slow to play wide left and we've got centre mids coming out our ears.  Knowing Houston he'll sign Stanton and sibbald just to make sure we've got enough central midfielders even though we're crying out for a right back and a left back. Devlin would be an excellent signing but he'll cost cash and there's a pile of clubs after him . Would be a coup though if we pulled that one off.

So you're saying that, given the chance, we shouldn't re-sign our top scorer from last season?

If it means we're in a strong position to challenge for the league, we should be sacrificing the compensation and keeping him IMO.