The Falkirk FC Thread

I agree with this actually, we were grinding out results rather than dominating games. Loads of games that were very poor until we had a 2nd half rally.

Agree too, but I don't think it's all about us playing our best for 90 mins that makes games entertaining. The second game at Dunfermline is a perfect example, we played badly for an hour then the game came to life in the last 30 mins and we ground out the win.

Anyway, each to their own. I just cannot wait for the season to get started.

I can see why folk are being disheartened, the dufc losing play off game was a big stabbing to where it hurt but summed up our season in that we flattered to deceive, then again the majority in the league did.

It's gone too far for me tho with it being a drug I can't shake tho did say if we beat Inverness in the cup I could retire, never gonna happen tho.

The only time I fully stopped going was post Lambie, the Gerry Collins months, season ticket and didn't go, TBF the Eddie May/ Elvis season was similar.

The club to an extent has stood still but I look at Raith. Morton, Dunfermline and St Mirren to see that standing still isn't to be knocked.

I think the club needs one morale boosting signing to turn the 50/50 returning season ticket holders to 70/30 to return, the numbers will be down this season but by how much depends on our signings

I think our home performances on the whole weren't great last season. If you don't attend away games then I can totally understand why last season wasn't the best.

I felt that we never set up to attack teams from the off at home last season and we never really got going in a lot of games until we were a goal down.

last season the season ticket numbers were so high of how we done the season before, there was some brilliant games and results v rangers and hibs especially and we played some good attacking football. last season didn't have quite so much excitement and so this season, ticket sales will probably be slightly less. does anyone really think there are a thousand plus fans sitting waiting for some "marquee" signing before getting a season or not??

lets imagine we were to splash out on a big name signing, say we offered £3,000 a week. we'd be looking at someone well known enough to make fans part with a few hundred pounds maybe an international or ex international, obviously the player must not be on the radar of any Scottish team like hibs, hearts or Aberdeen or he'll go there, or the vast majority of English league clubs (and possibly odd conference side as well!) or he'd go there. the player mustn't be to old or the signing would be written off as a has been looking for a pension top up, he mustn't be injury prone either. worldwide (that'll show them about lazy signings!) there must be thousands of top quality international big name players that'd jump at the chance to sign for us on that sort of money :rolleyes:

I don't think there are hundreds waiting on signings either. The vast majority still to renew will & they are doing so when they would normally, i.e. Towards the end of the EB period.

There will be the odd few who won't renew for the signings reasons but are they simply just going to stop going?? Shopping instead maybe? Doubt it. See you come August lads.

Strong rumours that Grant and Sibbald are on their way to us, nice squad fillers/options off the bench.

Can't see us going for Grant, we already have better players at CB.

Don't think we should be taking any players from this league tbh. They're all below the standard required to play for Hibernian Football Club.

Big Friday night in Leith.

You only need to miss one game to make patg better value than a season ticket. It's hard to go an 18 game season and only miss one game or less. I'm already missing at least 3 home games next season so it'll cost me £35 per game minimum for an adult and two kids (One is free) without programme parking diesel etc so it's not cheap. I need to weigh up if this extra cost for season is worth sitting next to people we like and not having to buy tickets every game. Throw in no great signings yet, rumours that sibbald and Grant could still go and not been paid and that's why we've not renewed our 3 yet.

You only need to miss one game to make patg better value than a season ticket. It's hard to go an 18 game season and only miss one game or less. I'm already missing at least 3 home games next season so it'll cost me £35 per game minimum for an adult and two kids (One is free) without programme parking diesel etc so it's not cheap. I need to weigh up if this extra cost for season is worth sitting next to people we like and not having to buy tickets every game. Throw in no great signings yet, rumours that sibbald and Grant could still go and not been paid and that's why we've not renewed our 3 yet.

The saving is more than 1 game with a ST.

ST for the south stand is £250 which over 18 games is £13.88.

PATG for the SS is rumoured to be £20 this season so that'd be £360 if you PATG. You'd need to miss 5 games for it not to be cost effective.

Edited to add that I believe we are charging the following for next season: (Adults)

SS £20

WS £21

WS (Prime) £22

decided to have a look at season ticket prices, I've never bought one since Brockville due to work. next season I will miss 6 of the 18 home games, so at £20 for the other 12 games then £240 in total, season ticket at early bird price is £250 however 20% off meals at nandos, kfc and sportsters could be worth over £10 during a season so we might actually get a new season ticket holder this season!

47 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

The saving is more than 1 game with a ST.

ST for the south stand is £250 which over 18 games is £13.88.

PATG for the SS is rumoured to be £20 this season so that'd be £360 if you PATG. You'd need to miss 5 games for it not to be cost effective.

Edited to add that I believe we are charging the following for next season: (Adults)

SS £20

WS £21

WS (Prime) £22

£20 for championship football is quite frankly a disgrace.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Steady on m8. Have u seen our stadium? Facilities off the chart.

Also, no where else in Scotland can you pay money to see Lee Miller in shorts. Should be £30 IMO

for an extra £2 you could watch Premiership football in the glorious capital in a 4 sided stadium, get better food, better view, better transport system and not live in the fear of turning into a mutant because your stadium lands in the Grangemouth area.