The Falkirk FC Thread

Slow ST sales, during early bird has been common over the years. We tend to sell at least 1/3 of total sales in the last week historically, so by COB at the early bird we'll be at 2,500 in my opinion.

We still sell a good few hundred post Early Bird too in July & August.

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Slow ST sales, during early bird has been common over the years. We tend to sell at least 1/3 of total sales in the last week historically, so by COB at the early bird we'll be at 2,500 in my opinion.

We still sell a good few hundred post Early Bird too in July & August.

I get paid on Monday and renewing 4 tickets and an extra one as well.

19 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Strong rumours that Grant and Sibbald are on their way to us, nice squad fillers/options off the bench.

Don't think we should be taking any players from this league tbh. They're all below the standard required to play for Hibernian Football Club.

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

That a joke question?

Clearly folk want to be encouraged by quality signings. It's not rocket science, despite the boards difficulty with this concept.

honestly doubt thats the case i cant remember any marquee signings the last few years that got bums on seats but our season ticket sales have been increasing. Mainly the posters on here stating they wont buy until they see a decent few singings are the same gang moaning about houstons lazy singnings so i guess they havent bought for several years unless they have changed tact.

3 minutes ago, spratte said:

honestly doubt thats the case i cant remember any marquee signings the last few years that got bums on seats but our season ticket sales have been increasing. Mainly the posters on here stating they wont buy until they see a decent few singings are the same gang moaning about houstons lazy singnings so i guess they havent bought for several years unless they have changed tact.

Sounds like I'm one of those you're referring to.

Although I'm more interested than signings than singing. And I've had a ST for donkey's years now. And I'm always tactful. (Although I presume you mean changed tack; it's a sailing term.)

18 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Sounds like I'm one of those you're referring to.

Although I'm more interested than signings than singing. And I've had a ST for donkey's years now. And I'm always tactful. (Although I presume you mean changed tack; it's a sailing term.)

changing tactics or changing the way your sail hangs much of a muchness, otherwise apologise for the sing sign typo, so what will constitute a trigger to part with your cash?

16 minutes ago, spratte said:

changing tactics or changing the way your sail hangs much of a muchness, otherwise apologise for the sing sign typo, so what will constitute a trigger to part with your cash?

As I said a few days ago, changing family circumstances, lack of folk to go to games with, general fed-up-ness with endless seasons plugging away in the second tier and our perennial habit of filling our nappies on the big occasion make it pretty unlikely I will renew. As I said previously, I only generally make 8-10 games a season, I'll probably still make a similar sort of number this year but just PATG. Maybe I just need a break for a bit.

As for what would make me renew? Difficult to say; a couple of signings with real x-factor. I knew we were going to be great to watch in 90/91, 93/94, 02/03 and 04/05. There's absolutely nothing about the current squad that makes me think ooh i'd better get on the blower tomorrow.

#notarealfan

#fansince1980getitupye

As I said a few days ago, changing family circumstances, lack of folk to go to games with, general fed-up-ness with endless seasons plugging away in the second tier and our perennial habit of filling our nappies on the big occasion make it pretty unlikely I will renew. As I said previously, I only generally make 8-10 games a season, I'll probably still make a similar sort of number this year but just PATG. Maybe I just need a break for a bit.

As for what would make me renew? Difficult to say; a couple of signings with real x-factor. I knew we were going to be great to watch in 90/91, 93/94, 02/03 and 04/05. There's absolutely nothing about the current squad that makes me think ooh i'd better get on the blower tomorrow.

#notarealfan

#fansince1980getitupye

The disappointing thing here is that after two fairly exciting second place finishes we have real prospects in a very open Championship this season and you still don't see that as a reason to renew?

It promises more of the same. Yawn. While I admit the previous year was tremendous fun against the Glasgow and Edinburgh 'behemoths', last season's actual entertainment value was very limited, and I have very limited faith that we have got the balls frankly to go one better.

It promises more of the same. Yawn. While I admit the previous year was tremendous fun against the Glasgow and Edinburgh 'behemoths', last season's actual entertainment value was very limited, and I have very limited faith that we have got the balls frankly to go one better.

I guess we all have a different view of last season. I enjoyed the majority of games and really cannot wait for the new season to get going.

Really? I thought last year was deadly dull; barring a very small sprinkling of top notch performances, it was largely woeful to forgettable.

Edited to add: I have literally no idea how such an inconsistent side managed to finish 2nd. Morton and DU completely gave up the ghost for us. And we shat it. Again.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Really? I thought last year was deadly dull; barring a very small sprinkling of top notch performances, it was largely woeful to forgettable. Edited to add: I have literally no idea how such an inconsistent side managed to finish 2nd. Morton and DU completely gave up the ghost for us. And we shat it. Again.

To be fair, I think you said you usually make 8-10 games per season.

I don't know if any of those are away but the wins at St Mirren, Dunfermline and Ayr away all stand out, as does all the games bar one against Dundee United. The fighting 2-2 draw at Morton was not bad either.

There will always be a few dull games. Sounds like you may have been a little unfortunate in your choice of fixtures.

Both home wins over DU plus the first win over DA were the only times I left feeling we'd performed to our ability.

I agree with this actually, we were grinding out results rather than dominating games. Loads of games that were very poor until we had a 2nd half rally.