The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Curious where you are going with this? Do you want to replace Austin upfront with someone else? Is he not good enough for us as he has not scored against the top 4?

Nobody knows if he's good enough or not as he started very few games.

He might go onto to score 25 goals a season, He might struggle as Falkirks marked man - we just don't know and because of that we need a striker who is going to score at least 12 goals.

I'm actually very positive about the season ahead.

With the strongly rumoured Rory Loy coming in & a decent RB, I think we are in a stronger position than last year. I can also see Sibbs wearing navy come pre season too.

We've finished 2nd the last 2 years versus much bigger & ultimately better teams, now it's our turn.

COYB etc etc.

Nobody knows if he's good enough or not as he started very few games.
He might go onto to score 25 goals a season, He might struggle as Falkirks marked man - we just don't know and because of that we need a striker who is going to score at least 12 goals.

From what I saw last season, barring injury, I think he will score at least 12 goals, probably more.

I think 25 might be optimistic but I still don't think there are many strikers out there better in this division...if any.

However it's fair to say he needs a run of games to be sure.

I'm actually very positive about the season ahead.

With the strongly rumoured Rory Loy coming in & a decent RB, I think we are in a stronger position than last year. I can also see Sibbs wearing navy come pre season too.

We've finished 2nd the last 2 years versus much bigger & ultimately better teams, now it's our turn.

COYB etc etc.

To be fair if I was a Falkirk fan I would be looking forward to the coming season.

I would be fucking terrified of the inevitable failure in the last few games though.

10 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

To be fair if I was a Falkirk fan I would be looking forward to the coming season.

I would be fucking terrified of the inevitable failure in the last few games though.

Remind me how the last couple of games turned out for your lot again?

47 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Must be really shitting yourself then!

What is the basis of the Loy rumour as of today? Has something added to it? I am 87% semi but need soemone to firm it up, so to speak

Not sure it's more than someone apparently in the know at St Mirren and also being in a pic with Big Lee on his twitter today.

But we can hope...

According to BPM if Baird went to ICT we would get Loy, still can't find confirmation of Baird going apart from Houston on the Radio but looks likely.

St mirrens very own BPM said Loy is going to Falkirk earlier on.

That picture posted today of Loy and Miller that should have been after the watershed.

thats about it really

Looked at his twitter has him in pic of him in St Mirren strip might be nothing but his other twitter mentions is him congratulatiing Miller on passing another coaching badge and signing on at Falkirk for another year.  Wouldnt say its anything to go by unless someone has inside information.

then again could just mean he has a life and doesnt spend a bulk of it on social media ..lol 

On the Baird one in the Sun today with John Robertson looking to make Baird his first signing after losing 2 strikers.

A genuinely itk poster on the Saints forum has hinted you've got Loy. 

I heard today that we have been looking for commercial sponsors to help get the better quality in that is required.