The Falkirk FC Thread

With our budget the most likely way of getting a better quality of player in is the loan market but as stated by Housty at the weekend he's not that kind of manager he prefers permanent players who he can work with for a couple of years. I, like many of our fans find his recruitment policy lacking to say the least. We could've had Loy in Jan rather than st.m but oh no not a loan player, who knows what his goals could have done for us last season.
He's not dynamic enough and if we don't get promotion this year he needs to go!!

12 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

If this is the aftermath of Alex Harris im actually looking forward to McHattie's unveiling tomorrow.

This would be my favourite signing of any player by any team ever. The breakdowns on here would be beautiful.

Make it happen, baldy DAB.

39 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Ooftie this thread is going into meltdown emoji16.png

Doesn't matter who we sign and how shite they have been at other clubs we should give them a chance.

Seems to me Harris has a chance with us to get his career back on track and hopefully he will realise that and who knows he might turn out alright.

If he is shite after a run in the side then come on here and give him pelters but we have signed him now so gotta give him a chance.

See that's the main issue here for me . 'He may turn out alright'. We need better than alright to win the league. We've been putting up with alright players for season after season now and we're no nearer promotion and yet we're still following the same old formula again and again. It hasnt worked since we came down so why will it suddenly work this season? We need to change the way we go about things or we'll be in this league for another 6 or 7 seasons. For the last few seasons we've had the well its not worth stretching the budget that wee bit more because we cant compete with the likes of Hearts, Rangers, Hibs. Well their no longer in the league and United who are left dont have the financial clout of any of these sides. We need to find someway of getting a better standard of player in the door whether that's cutting the squad size or using the loan market to get a better quality of player in that we normally wouldn't be able to afford. This along with stretching the budget a wee bit more will give us a chance but looking at our first signing its just going to be more of the same all over again. Harris is the same kind of player we've been signing since we got relegated a player that may do a turn for us but thats about it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

See that's the main issue here for me . 'He may turn out alright'. We need better than alright to win the league. We've been putting up with alright players for season after season now and we're no nearer getting promotion and yet we're still following the same old formula again and again. It hasnt worked since we came down so why will it suddenly work this season? We need to change the way we go about things or we'll be in this league for another 6 or 7 seasons. For the last few seasons we've had the well its not worth stretching the budget that wee bit more because we cant compete with the likes of Hearts, Rangers, Hibs. Well their no longer in the league and United who are left dont have the financial clout of any of these sides. We need to find someway of getting a better standard of player in the door whether that's cutting the squad size or using the loan market to get a better quality of player in that we normally wouldn't be able to afford. This along with stretching the budget a wee bit more will give us a chance but looking at our first signing its just going to be more of the same all over again. Harris is the same kind of player we've been signing since we got relegated a player that may do a turn for us but thats about it.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but I don't see it happening under Houston as he doesn't appear to be anything other than a safe manager who won't take a risk. This I think suits our current board.

It appears clear that we have a wage structure that won't allow us to even bid for the likes of Dobbie, Loy or players of that ilk that could take us to the next level.

The loan market could be an option but it would appear as someone else has stated that Houston doesn't like loan players and prefers players that he can work with and develop.

I don't know what the answer is other than a change of manager or changes in the board.

I'll be honest though and say I would rather sign 2 cracking players on £2k a week that cud progress us than 8 mediocre ones on £500 a week so I think the wage cap maybe needs to go.

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying but I don't see it happening under Houston as he doesn't appear to be anything other than a safe manager who won't take a risk. This I think suits our current board.

It appears clear that we have a wage structure that won't allow us to even bid for the likes of Dobbie, Loy or players of that ilk that could take us to the next level.

The loan market could be an option but it would appear as someone else has stated that Houston doesn't like loan players and prefers players that he can work with and develop.

I don't know what the answer is other than a change of manager or changes in the board.

I'll be honest though and say I would rather sign 2 cracking players on £2k a week that cud progress us than 8 mediocre ones on £500 a week so I think the wage cap maybe needs to go.

I agree with you entirely Harry. To me the manager should have a budget and its up to him to spend it as he wishes. If like you say he wants to sign a guy on 2k a week instead of 4 on 500 quid that should be  up to him. At the end of the day he will live or die by his signings.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Are there any more signings expected this week ? I think we may have to wait until players come back from their time off for anymore. I'd like to be wrong though because this is the usual reading. I understand the sentiments of both sides of the argument, but can't understand how some people can get so wound up. Save it until the window is closed or if we confirm no more signings to be made. If you're not happy then, then quite rightly vent. I just find it really silly reacting like this when it's only June.

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We tried the next level and look where that got us players at the end of their careers and the club in a lot of trouble there are a lot of factors look at how many clubs went bust and had administrators called in trying to compete to the next level.

As mention who do we class as a bum on seat signing there isnt a lot going about Kris Commons ? 

Can we just give the boy a chance before we give him pelters yes he suffered a bad ankle break that sidelined him and of course he is going to be hesitant going into a tackle you only need to think back to when it happened to Andy Seaton at Brockville when he broke his leg.

39 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The thread that keeps on giving. :lol:

Never change, Falkirk FC Club.

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This would be my favourite signing of any player by any team ever. The breakdowns on here would be beautiful.

Make it happen, baldy DAB.

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yes. You've replaced Hibs as the only Football Club Club in Scotland in my eyes.

Trying soooo hard, ye wee scamp ye.

7 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

We tried the next level and look where that got us players at the end of their careers and the club in a lot of trouble there are a lot of factors look at how many clubs went bust and had administrators called in trying to compete to the next level.

As mention who do we class as a bum on seat signing there isnt a lot going about Kris Commons ? 

Can we just give the boy a chance before we give him pelters yes he suffered a bad ankle break that sidelined him and of course he is going to be hesitant going into a tackle you only need to think back to when it happened to Andy Seaton at Brockville when he broke his leg.

There's a difference between stretching the budget and spunking everything down the drain on finished has-beans. And also there's different ways of getting more out your budget. As has been mentioned, loan signings and quality over quantity approach.  It was Andy Lawrie that broke his leg and surely Harris should be over it by now for christs sake. It happened back  in 2013 or something. If he's not over it by now he never will be.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

Andy Lawrie?

Still get into a white-knuckled rage when that coont Potter's name comes up.

Like it just did.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree with you entirely Harry. To me the manager should have a budget and its up to him to spend it as he wishes. If like you say he wants to sign a guy on 2k a week instead of 4 on 500k that should be  up to him. At the end of the day he will live or die by his signings.

500k? You won the lottery?

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Andy Lawrie?

Still get into a white-knuckled rage when that coont Potter's name comes up.

Like it just did.

Absolute shocker that was. Lawrie was on course for player of the year that season. Started off absolutely flying.