The Falkirk FC Thread

Based On what I know so far then loy excluded I'd like to see

Thompson
M'head Grant Watson gallacher
Taiwo
Harris hippo
Sibbald/craigen
Austin loy

Big sexy to come off the bench second half for loy . Kerr to cover for taiwo. Gaspo to cover Watson and Grant. Ohara cover for Austin

Forgot McKee if fit he'd be in games we need a stronger midfield with taiwo or if Harris form isn't great, possibly even prior to taiwo

Last season looks like a bit of a write-off, but his stats for 15/16 make ok reading; 4 goals and 10 assists from 1,862 minutes is a decent output for a winger. Not a glamour signing by any means, but it's a position we're short in. Can't be any worse than that ugly wee bigot.

There is potential with Harris, might actually give us some pace to attack with him on the right and Hippo on the left. I think a few folk have touched on the fact he had a bad injury and a rough time of it, but lets not forget that our runner up in last season's player of the season poll, taiwo, didn't make the grade at Hibs and has been pretty solid for us when played in the right position. I'm much more put off by the prospect of Kerr starting every game than Harris at this point. 

Fair point prior to his injury and father passing away he was a promising talent. He's only 22 and if he gives us some pace trickery and a decent cross I'm happy to get behind him

1 minute ago, PipoIsABairn said:

There is potential with Harris, might actually give us some pace to attack with him on the right and Hippo on the left. I think a few folk have touched on the fact he had a bad injury and a rough time of it, but lets not forget that our runner up in last season's player of the season poll, taiwo, didn't make the grade at Hibs and has been pretty solid for us when played in the right position. I'm much more put off by the prospect of Kerr starting every game than Harris at this point. 

Harris is the kind of signing that's ok if your happy enough to potter into the playoffs and get a couple of decent games before getting pumped out. He's of the same squad player level that Houston seems to like signing even though he tells us that we're going to get some better quality in. However, if like our CEO tells we're looking to win the league this season( and going by the standard of the other sides why not) then we need better.  He's no better than Aird who got the heave at the end of last season.

I will give any signing a chance before writing them off and I'll do the same with Harris.

Not the most exciting I must admit and would have hoped for better.

Maybe Houstie is keeping his ace signing up his sleeve for the striker role. Wouldn't bet on it though [emoji16]

6 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Harris is an instant improvement for this Falkirk team, he'll get goals and assists in this league.

If he'll get goals and assists for us in this league then why weren't Hibs playing him? Not as if you were exactly spoiled for right wingers last season.

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We obviously didnt try very hard after he knocked us back if Harris was the only other option. To me hes immediately 3rd choice behind Craigen and Mckee and their only makeshift right mids .

Connolly has struggled in the 5th tier of English football and now finds himself in the 6th tier. I'd have preferred a punt on Connolly but he is no way a definite step up, tho if you would've preferred Aird, then serious questions have to asked that you'd keep a player who contributed fuk all.

The end of the day supporters should support what players do in the navy blue and if he is shite like Aird was, then fair play

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Connolly has struggled in the 5th tier of English football and now finds himself in the 6th tier. I'd have preferred a punt on Connolly but he is no way a definite step up, tho if you would've preferred Aird, then serious questions have to asked that you'd keep a player who contributed fuk all.

The end of the day supporters should support what players do in the navy blue and if he is shite like Aird was, then fair play

I didnt say Aird was any good and he was another wasted Houston signing although to be honest he never got a sustained run in the side. Why sign him and then hardly ever play him? A decent signing in January may have made all the difference come the playoffs. Harris to me is of a very similar standard though I'm afraid.

The report from other clubs is that he basically has a decent game now and again and is an utter shitebag when it comes to tackling. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

We had Boyle and Humphrey even then we played narrow a lot of the time.

Humphrey only played 5 games and Boyle isnt exactly the muts nuts. Forgive me if Im not overly enthuisiastic at his signing after he was kept out the hibs side by those two.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Humphrey only played 5 games and Boyle isnt exactly the muts nuts. Forgive me if Im not overly enthuisiastic at his signing after he was kept out the hibs side by those two.

Both them would walk into this Falkirk team. Boyle would be one of your best players.