The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Trump said:

That doesn't mean a player is going to stay. Last year of his contract and many suitors, it was a no brainer. If that's the reason people are not renewing their season ticket then it's petty.

I think it was the timing and the fact that none of the money brought in ever saw the light of day that stunk to be honest. To then pish his wages down the drain on Rankin kind of put the tin lid on it. Whilst we had to let him move on the fact that none of the cash was being reinvested in the team was extremely disappointing after everyone had shelled out for season tickets.

A lot of people will be waiting till pay day I would presume to buy so the next week or so is going to be very important. If we sign Harris and Loy signs for the saints then I can see a lot of people deciding not to bother I'm afraid.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A lot of people will be waiting till pay day I would presume to buy so the next week or so is going to be very important. If we sign Harris and Loy signs for the saints then I can see a lot of people deciding not to bother I'm afraid.

Who are these people? Maybe someone should tell them FFC is not for them.

Seems a lot of fans are looking for any excuse to not part wi the cash.

48 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Who are these people? Maybe someone should tell them FFC is not for them.

Seems a lot of fans are looking for any excuse to not part wi the cash.

Just maybe people don't have the cash swilling about to pay for a season just now and are having to wait till then till they actually can afford it.  If they are that desperate for the cash then perhaps they should've had the season ticket sales start a wee bit earlier,  It was nearly a fortnight after we got bumped out the playoffs before they went on sale so they missed out on peoples May pay date for a start. 

Just maybe people don't have the cash swilling about to pay for a season just now and are having to wait till then till they actually can afford it.  If they are that desperate for the cash then perhaps they should've had the season ticket sales start a wee bit earlier,  It was nearly a fortnight after we got bumped out the playoffs before they went on sale so they missed out on peoples May pay date for a start. 

They would need to wait and see which league we were in first. Then you've got the communication through letters, emails, social media to think about. Imagine the reaction if they'd put them on sale on the Monday after the Dundee United game as well.

Folk have ample opportunity to buy them in the early bird, it has a payday in the period and it's hardly a big surprise every year that they come out at this time.

I like putting the boot into the club as much as anyone but they don't deserve it on this occasion, the ticketing is generally one of the best things they do.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

They would need to wait and see which league we were in first. Then you've got the communication through letters, emails, social media to think about. Imagine the reaction if they'd put them on sale on the Monday after the Dundee United game as well.

Folk have ample opportunity to buy them in the early bird, it has a payday in the period and it's hardly a big surprise every year that they come out at this time.

I like putting the boot into the club as much as anyone but they don't deserve it on this occasion, the ticketing is generally one of the best things they do.

Where am I putting the boot into the club?  I don't actually have an issue with the length of the early bird. I was simply pointing out that a lot of people wait until they get paid until they pay for their ticket. Its the same every year. The club to me though cant set out an early bird period of a month and then complain because people haven't bought their ticket within the first two weeks of it. The fact its called early bird would imply that even if you buy it on the last day your still buying it early and yet the chief exec is on telling fans to hurry up and buy them.

It's the same every season for every team.

Finish the season on a high, get a boost in season tickets and vice versa. Football clubs budget based on ST sales and fans hedge their bets based on signings and how they'll affect the team. At the moment we've got a worse team than last year and we don't have the feelgood factor we had this time last year either so people aren't enthused by the teams chances.

That said, most people who're going to buy will buy no matter what and if that's the case then they might as well buy now (if they can) so they save money and the club can get the budgets done for more players. If you were on the fence though you'd 100% be waiting to see what the teams going to look like and if we're in for a title challenge.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I just want to see him instigate another seethefest from the fifers. Hes going to absolutely love the predictable booing etc he takes off them. Would love them at TFS on matchday 1

He should incorporate a forward role into his back-flip celebration. Riots in 3....2...1......

22 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are casting an envious eye at Paisley ? Really.

They just about avoided relegation. They are trendy the now cos of Jack Ross that is all. The media loves them because they reside near Glasgow.

They are Glasgow scum. Don't be jealous of them. A horrible club with horrible values.

:lol: 

jimgoodwinyouseemupset.jpg

Where am I putting the boot into the club?  I don't actually have an issue with the length of the early bird. I was simply pointing out that a lot of people wait until they get paid until they pay for their ticket. Its the same every year. The club to me though cant set out an early bird period of a month and then complain because people haven't bought their ticket within the first two weeks of it. The fact its called early bird would imply that even if you buy it on the last day your still buying it early and yet the chief exec is on telling fans to hurry up and buy them.

Maybe the BOD should be increasing the investment in the club either by them or increase the stakeholders. Let's be honest all we need are 3 top quality signings and we'll stroll that league. Have some balls and invest this year, everyone knows this is our best opportunity in years if it doesn't work out then a few years of playing the kids to balance the books is acceptable IMO.

22 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are casting an envious eye at Paisley ? Really.

They just about avoided relegation. They are trendy the now cos of Jack Ross that is all. The media loves them because they reside near Glasgow.

They are Glasgow scum. Don't be jealous of them. A horrible club with horrible values.

i think you will find we are actually paisley scum.we still play in our home town.......unlike the grangemouth bairns.