The Falkirk FC Thread

Why don't they just withdraw Baird's offer and sign Loy then?

I think it was one of those deals where he played the games so they had to offer it

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If Baird stays we won't get Loy. If he goes I believe he will sign for us

Loy is paisley bound to link up with Jack Ross again is what I'm told.

It is uncanny how this situation is to 1969. Team with a core of old players past their prime. Core of 21-25 year olds that could do better. With a pool of youngsters wanting a chance and no money in the club. Then Willie Cunningham arrived. The clear out followed and it was not popular at the time. But in the next 3 years there was some of the best football I ever saw at Falkirk. So this is a time for boldness and faith in the players coming through. Nothing to lose for the way the posts are going, its an acceptance of nothing to get the fans going.  So how about this, sign 3 players 29-30 year olds Centre Half , Centre Midfield , Forward. on a 3-4 year contracts. There are 3 - 5 players in the 22-26 year bracket to have a core of a side already signed. Feed in Finlayson , Gallagher ,  Blues , Shepherd , O'Hara and couple of others coming through. Cunningham signed George Miller , Alex Scott and Alex Ferguson quality players that made everybody else better players overnight and the young players  improved every game they played. That is the thinking Houston should apply. All he has to do is ask Alex Totton who was there in these halcyon days.

We have a player already that can play wide right. Shepherd ! worth a run

Give it a rest fs.

Shepherd is fucking hopeless. Not even close to being good enough for this level. Waste of a wage.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I cant see us signing anyone on 3 or 4 year deals especially guys at 29-30. 

Get these pros signed up to end their careers at Falkirk. Then watch them. Thought exactly that when we signed so called over the hill players. 

How wrong In was ! What's the alternative ? same as last year and we ain't going up. Think about it ! The spine of a side with a style of play that bring the best out of talented younger players. 

9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Get these pros signed up to end their careers at Falkirk. Then watch them. Thought exactly that when we signed so called over the hill players. 

How wrong In was ! What's the alternative ? same as last year and we ain't going up. Think about it ! The spine of a side with a style of play that bring the best out of talented younger players. 

The last time we went down that root the club nearly went under and we're still paying for it by being stuck in this league.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The last time we went down that root the club nearly went under and we're still paying for it by being stuck in this league.

On paper and in their day they were cracking players unfortunately we didn't sign them when they were in there prime and were at the end of their careers funnily enough once they left us they stopped playing with the exception of BoB although it would be hard to argue when he actually did play when he was with us  (if you know what i mean).

(least they didnt wheel out the next level)

I think there are very few signings that would put bums on seats in the past we had players like Chris Waddle, Mo Johnston, Frank MacAvennie this day and age it would need to be someone high profile but still had something to prove in the game there are very few players like that these days especially in Scotland.

Either that your signing OF rejects (see Aird) that still have their colours tied to one of their masts.