The Falkirk FC Thread

Think the closing bit in the Herald says it all its going to be a long couple of weeks by the sounds of things:
http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/all-quiet-on-the-westfield-front-1-4476811

Falkirk have made two signings so far this summer. Two weeks ago The Falkirk Herald’s backpage revealed goalkeeper David Mitchell (pictured) was being lined up by the Bairns and his signing was announced a day after we went to press with the news. The club also announced striker Harry Girdwood had signed from Spartans after impressing the under-20s. That week’s work was completed by Mark Finlayson’s extension but since then it has been quiet from the Bairns with a spokesman indicating to The Falkirk Herald that little was expected to change in coming days.

You've said couple of weeks, they've said coming days, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

34 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

If Baird does go and we've let McHugh go that's two decent strikers. Surely we could get one loy in for the wages those two were on?

I would imagine that Loy will be on a fair bit more than Bob & Baird combined; that said we have the wages of McHugh, McCracken, Aird and Leahy available so, given that we definitely need a left back to either challenge or replace Gallagher and a wide right midfielder, I'm a little puzzled as to why we're not being linked with players for those positions right now. Houston knows this and I'm sure would be looking to get players in so I suspect that he's been told that he needs to wait to see if Baird and Sibbs are going to move on first? Sounds to me like the budget may have been cut a bit for the coming season?

Also, and I obviously hope I'm wrong, I don't think that we've any chance of getting Loy (or any other marque signing) if we bring in players for the positions mentioned because I think the BOD would shit themselves at his wage demands! 

21 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

What makes you think that he'll sign for us? Is this based on anything or just a BPM hunch? 

Was told yesterday by someone who I trust.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

If Baird stays we won't get Loy. If he goes I believe he will sign for us

Only at Falkirk could we have a ludicrous situation  like this. Striker coming towards the end of his career whose not good enough to get you up or a striker at his peak who will score enough goals to punt you into the top flight. Its ridiculous if true that our whole season could rely on whether Baird fancies it at ICT or not.  I thought I'd seen it all at Falkirk but this really puts the tin feckin lid on it. Get Baird to feck now if there's even a small chance of Loy coming in to replace him.