The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

The expectant signings then, I think we all know Sibbs will only sign if no one pays or negotiates a fee to leave us. Sorry to break that to you if you were out the loop

Don't worry about it.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The message from the manager on the club website. How to talk a lot and say absolutely nothing.

What I took from it was that he is happy with the team he has but can only find out if he can keep it that way when they return from their holidays, which will mean only then will he think about bringing in anyone else new, so we shouldnt be expecting f**k all else to happen until we are into July.

Im just feeling pretty meh to be honest.

To be honest this is the least I've cared about an upcoming season in a while. No feeling of excitement or anticipation.

Can see a substantial drop in crowds this year.

Which would be ironic considering it's the best chance of winning the league since 2013/14 when Gary Holt cost us the chance of going up.

I don't agree with the crowds prediction, especially if we get 3 or 4 strong signings in & start the campaign well.

Which would be ironic considering it's the best chance of winning the league since 2013/14 when Gary Holt cost us the chance of going up.

I don't agree with the crowds prediction, especially if we get 3 or 4 strong signings in & start the campaign well.

Agreed, as soon as the signings start flowing in, interest will build.

8 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Once the news that Baird is off to Inverness is confirmed ST sales will rocket.

Yep that's what I was told yesterday.

Also was told we made an enquiry for Keatings but couldn't match Utd's wages. Still encouraging that that's the calibre of player we are looking at!

38 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Yep that's what I was told yesterday.

Also was told we made an enquiry for Keatings but couldn't match Utd's wages. Still encouraging that that's the calibre of player we are looking at!

Keatings is OK but it's a bit worrying every team he signs for seem happy enough to let him go.

Falkirk will not bust the bank for him that's for sure, I for one wouldn't pay over the odds either. 

8 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm actually quite up for this season not so much because falkirk are making landmark signings but because there are 3 fresh sides in the league and no clear favourite. Important this season we get off to a good start

That elusive good start is essential. Would be great to see us out the traps and sending a message from the get go. We currently have the ups and downs of signings and board moves etc but when it comes time will be good to have a group of players ready to get out there and in folks faces from the very first game.

11 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm actually quite up for this season not so much because falkirk are making landmark signings but because there are 3 fresh sides in the league and no clear favourite. Important this season we get off to a good start

Any chance you could give me the beer out of your half full glass so that I could add it to my half empty one? Cheers! :guinness

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

What about Andy Ryan from Aidrie. Scored 23 goals last season. He's lightning. Him and Fash together would be a sight.

andy ryan.jpg

I remember him putting the ball over the bar when it was easier to score when we beat Hamilton in the cup a few years back. Next!

4 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Aww ok, cool. emoji1360.png

In all seriousness he's probably a better player now. Bit like the boy stirling who just moved to Queens. Was nothing special at Stenny but dropped down the ranks and has worked his way up. Would be a bit of a gamble though . You never know what your going to get when you sign boys from the lower leagues. Could be an Austin or could be a jordan white. I'd rather have a more reliable goal scorer on board to start games with the likes of a Ryan as backup. Bit like Austin was this season till he worked his way into the team.

Edited by Shadwell Dog