The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

United fans think he's muck, and hate the fact they were made to pay 200k by a tribunal to assist an ailing zombieco.

Apart from that, he's muck, and we don't need yet another midfielder.

He's a wide player, though is he not? Still not got a right sided one and we're losing Sibbs who often plays wide left.

Bairns Business Club had a meeting at the stadium on Tuesday and handed the club a cheque for ten grand. They got a photocall which was subsequently tweeted out.  
There is a very, very small circle of people who need to know in advance about signings and as a general rule the Comercial Dept - who deal with BBC - are excluded from that circle. I think it's very unlikely the Business Club know anything.

You were saying ? IMG_1496683572.196112.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 17:05, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Dear HopeStreetWalker,

with regard to your recent posting in the interwebular forum for devotees of kickball entitled "McDonald's finest and most perspicacious Meat Pastry and Beef Extract Drink".

I feel, Sir, that the evaluation by thy good self of the current prospects for the Falkirk Football and Athletic Club Ltd (Established 1876) vis-a-vis their prospects in the 2017-18 association football season might be somewhat misguided.

If I may expand thereupon, and perhaps promulgate one's own views on the matter, one would not hesitate to proffer the opinion that it is a historically unwise strategem to pursue excellence on the fields of sporting competition with one's favourites comprised, in the main, of a phalanx of callow youths whose mettle remains untested or, at best, of indeterminate quality. Historical precedent would strongly suggest that following such a strategy results, in the main, in a concatenation of catastrophes.

Yours etc,

Ranaldo Bairn (attendee since 1983 in case you wondered)

In short. just chucking in the youths and assuming the roads will be chock a block with millions of folk desperate to see their young heroes is, in fact, birthday caird pish.

Its not chucking in the youths. If they are good enough they are old enough. Playing beside experienced players will bring them up a level. It's the only way to go for a provincial club like Falkirk. The players mentioned either get a chance this season or they won't make it. There is a lot of the clubs money spent on these players. We will turn out a multi million pound talent at some time. Which will enable FFC to kick up to the next level. 

3 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Charlie Telfer released. Could do a job for us maybe? If a Dundee United/Livi fan is passing through this thread, whats your thoughts on him? I've not seen enough of him but recall him being raved about at Rangers.

He was brilliant when he was with us IMO, although anyone could have looked decent in that team we had.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

You were saying ? IMG_1496683572.196112.jpg

Interesting post BPM. Thanks for pointing it out as I didn't know this twitter feed existed.

Do you mind if I make a couple of observations?

Firstly, Bairns Business Club - whom I was referring to in my post - appear to be a different entity from this group. One is affiliated to FFC and the other appears to be a fans rumour page. A bit like One F, but more modern. Whether the people who run it do have insider information about transfers remains to be seen. I suspect not, though I may be proven wrong in time.

I say that because from reading their page I see they expected a bit of business to be announced on 26th May. That was never happening. I knew in advance what the dates were for the stories last week and the preceding Friday was never in the calendar. Nor the Monday, as they later posted. So they've already been proven wrong once.

The tweet you've posted went up about two hours ago, so there's another four days to go before we find out if they're right. Given that we know there are unsigned contract extensions, and that the club will be recruiting, it's hardly a big reveal if either of these forecasts prove accurate. 

Time will tell. Do you really think this Twitter page will be more accurate than One F, P&B & COYB?

52 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its not chucking in the youths. If they are good enough they are old enough. Playing beside experienced players will bring them up a level. It's the only way to go for a provincial club like Falkirk. The players mentioned either get a chance this season or they won't make it. There is a lot of the clubs money spent on these players. We will turn out a multi million pound talent at some time. Which will enable FFC to kick up to the next level. 

We've always introduced youths, since day 1. Sometimes a couple, sometimes, whether by choice or necessity, a whole bunch. You're not proposing anything the club hasn't always tried to do, along with pretty much every other club ever.

A multi million pound talent - hmmm, inflation must be worse than I thought, and please don't use the phrase "the next level" as we're still recovering from the craziness that ensued the last time we heard that.

Interesting post BPM. Thanks for pointing it out as I didn't know this twitter feed existed.
Firstly, Bairns Business Club - whom I was referring to in my post - appear to be a different entity from this group. One is affiliated to FFC and the other appears to be a fans rumour page. A bit like One F, but more modern. Whether the people who run it do have insider information about transfers remains to be seen. I suspect not, though I may be proven wrong in time.
I say that because from reading their page I see they expected a bit of business to be announced on 26th May. That was never happening. I knew in advance what the dates were for the stories last week and the preceding Friday was never in the calendar. Nor the Monday, as they later posted. So they've already been proven wrong once.
The tweet you've posted went up about two hours ago, so there's another four days to go before we find out if they're right. Given that we know there are unsigned contract extensions, and that the club will be recruiting, it's hardly a big reveal if either of these forecasts prove accurate. 
Time will tell. Do you really think this Twitter page will be more accurate than One F, P&B & COYB?

A pretty weird feed so far. Keeps hinting at information but has only actually posted one rumour and that hardly an earth shattering piece of info/gossip. Not sure if it more a discussion feed or actually someone in the know but being very reluctant to commit to anything. As you say...time will tell.

More frequent rumours I keep seeing/hearing are:

Sam Stanton
Lee Miller to resign
Alex Harris
Sibbald to stay 1 more year
Baird leaving but also read he mulling offer over

Who knows. Personally I'd want a right back to come in but I'm not convinced Houston sees that as a weak position.

It was not the tweet address I was highlighting.

The point I have been making and still goes on is that a lot of the info come from our Boardroom and not just one of them. It is still going on you and I know it.

Next time I see you I will give you an example of my point

Look what the likes of the McCarthy and McArthur transfer fee did for Hamilton Accies. It has kept them in a division above us for the last 6 years. As for recovering from the last time we ' went to the next level giving youth a chance ' we got to cup semi's and finals with home grown talent and a decent transfer fees when they moved on. It's our only option to bring on our own players and we will get that big transfer. It worked with Willie Cunningham's greats teams 1969-1972 and packed out Brockville to boot. We need a right back, so why not give Finlayson a chance, he has just signed an extension to his contract and is due his chance.

56 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Look what the likes of the McCarthy and McArthur transfer fee did for Hamilton Accies. It has kept them in a division above us for the last 6 years. As for recovering from the last time we ' went to the next level giving youth a chance ' we got to cup semi's and finals with home grown talent and a decent transfer fees when they moved on. It's our only option to bring on our own players and we will get that big transfer. It worked with Willie Cunningham's greats teams 1969-1972 and packed out Brockville to boot. We need a right back, so why not give Finlayson a chance, he has just signed an extension to his contract and is due his chance.

Hamilton have been dining out on the McArthur and McCarthy deals and kidded the land on that they have a conveyor belt of talent. Who else have they sold? Hendrie, down a black hole somewhere? Crawford's decent and might make them a few bob.

The Next Level chat in summer 2008 nearly got the club relegated that season before succeeding the next. It nearly burst the club in 2011, which resulted in us having to throw in buckets of green laddies under Pressley. That so many of them thrived probably saved the club, but I wonder at the luck:judgement ratio there.

Anyway, I'm no longer quite sure what your point is. Should we continue to invest in a youth system? Of course we should! It has saved the club over the last 5 or 6 years. But don't go chucking in loads at the one time because history has shown that strategy rarely succeeds.

Hamilton have been dining out on the McArthur and McCarthy deals and kidded the land on that they have a conveyor belt of talent. Who else have they sold? Hendrie, down a black hole somewhere? Crawford's decent and might make them a few bob. The Next Level chat in summer 2008 nearly got the club relegated that season before succeeding the next. It nearly burst the club in 2011, which resulted in us having to throw in buckets of green laddies under Pressley. That so many of them thrived probably saved the club, but I wonder at the luck:judgement ratio there.

Anyway, I'm no longer quite sure what your point is. Should we continue to invest in a youth system? Of course we should! It has saved the club over the last 5 or 6 years. But don't go chucking in loads at the one time because history has shown that strategy rarely succeeds.

They got £1m for Andreu from Norwich.

I agree throwing in loads of kids doesn't really work. However in 2012 we had a great crop of young players. Sibbald, Fulton, Wallace, McGrandles, Kingsley for example. I believe there is nothing like that quality there at the moment. It frustrates me this get the kids in the team from supporters who will have never seen any of the young players we have. If they were good enough they would be playing.

They got £1m for Andreu from Norwich.

I agree throwing in loads of kids doesn't really work. However in 2012 we had a great crop of young players. Sibbald, Fulton, Wallace, McGrandles, Kingsley for example. I believe there is nothing like that quality there at the moment. It frustrates me this get the kids in the team from supporters who will have never seen any of the young players we have. If they were good enough they would be playing.

They signed Andreu from Livingston when he was 25. He doesn't count in terms of youth development.

9 minutes ago, alexhay said:

I heard that we were looking at Nicky Devlin from Ayr

What are we looking at him doing? He's probably on the beach at the moment getting a sun tan. Can just see Houstie hiding behind a sand dune spying on him. Mind you if the beach is outside scotland we've got feck all chance of that happening.