The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Have we signed anyone new yet? Have I missed it? As I u understand it we are savi g wages on McCracken Leahy aird a few fringe players as well as possibly sibbald and Baird. These are quite a lot of big earners so I'm expecting a lot in the door before I renew!

I think all excess funds are obviously being used to fund Bairds new 5 year deal.

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Not renewing this year unless there are some exciting signings over the summer. Refuse to pay any increase while the club beat about the bush hoping for a bit of luck in the play offs.

I'm in the same boat. I know an extra £25 spread over 8 payments isn't a huge amount, but I'd like to see the club show some signs of ambition before parting with it. 

Players will be returning from holidays in the next week or so, so I'd expect more transfer activity shortly.

Thought they don't come back till last week of June ?

Not renewing this year unless there are some exciting signings over the summer. Refuse to pay any increase while the club beat about the bush hoping for a bit of luck in the play offs.

Same here

Me too. It'll take a rollicking good signing spree to motivate me to part with the cash this year.

My 11 y-o is not really interested, and my 13 y-o is reaching a national level in her sport so the number of weekends away will only increase.

12 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Would much rather have something along the lines of this from the Chairman

"I'd like to thank everyone who showed me the light after a dark period in my life where I often spouted incoherent ramblings fuelled by the new spice craze. I'm sober now and realise that I need to leave. Goodbye."

FTFY

Me too. It'll take a rollicking good signing spree to motivate me to part with the cash this year.
My 11 y-o is not really interested, and my 13 y-o is reaching a national level in her sport so the number of weekends away will only increase.

Our kids are the same ages and I gave the same challenges 're other interests I'll definitely be holding off till late in the early bird period to see whether we renew or pay per game.

Edited to add a couple of decent signings would tip me over the edge. Even a loy would do

The more of our players sign on from lady season, the less chances of and spending spree. Unfortunately finishing second last 2 season will I'm sure give our BOD a false dawn and like many on here have said papered over the cracks.

I like many on here am not parting with any cash until I see what our intentions and ambitions are.

I don't want another bored to death almost every Saturday playing pedestrian football. I'm not being conned this season

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Was meaning the likes of McKee who got back Tuesday and signed his contract.

No idea when ore season begins.

Not quite. McKee came in on Tuesday before flying out on holiday the following day. 

Houston returned yesterday though. The players don't come back until 28th June. 

16 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Big jump for me as I have a 13 year old who was free last season and will now cost £195! Looking at over £500 for the three of us. Shows how the u12 strategy works positively for the club coffers!

Is it just me that doesnt get the point of spending a fortune on a prime seat? 

Should have been fresh from his ban but was mainly an unused sub, Houston obviously didn't fancy him! Why only 11 mins? Attitude? Craigen and McKee excellent but Hippo? Everybody on here was on about Hippo being fresh for the play offs and will do this and that. Needs to get his head down and become a regular starter. Can be a match winner on his day!

What is this pish? First he was 'honking' in the 10 minute or so that he played and now he didn't play more because of his attitude?

He didn't play more because the manager didn't select him. Simple as that.

Only 7 outfield players started more league games than Hippolyte last season and 3 of them were defenders.

I suggested this awhile back as well. The problems you've got are 1) Houston is very rigid with his use of a 4-4-2 and 2) playing one striker is still seen as negative by a lot of fans.

Tbf a lot of our fans are simpletons.