The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, RichieBairn said:

Should have been fresh from his ban but was mainly an unused sub, Houston obviously didn't fancy him! Why only 11 mins? Attitude? Craigen and McKee excellent but Hippo? Everybody on here was on about Hippo being fresh for the play offs and will do this and that. Needs to get his head down and become a regular starter. Can be a match winner on his day!

I would suggest it was more to do with Houston's cautious approach in the play-offs. He had the perfect opportunity to bring on Hippo at Tannadice, but chose to replace a tiring Sibbald with Taiwo and settle for the draw. And then in the second leg, he didn't bring Hippo until Utd had equalised and we were looking for a goal again.

I would suggest it was more to do with Houston's cautious approach in the play-offs. He had the perfect opportunity to bring on Hippo at Tannadice, but chose to replace a tiring Sibbald with Taiwo and settle for the draw. And then in the second leg, he didn't bring Hippo until Utd had equalised and we were looking for a goal again.

Before the game we would have settled for a draw at Tannadice and so would have Houston to take back to the TFS. However it was plain to see we should have gone for the winner but Houston couldn't get it out his head that a draw was a great result and in the end it cost us. He should have been playing that match as he saw it not a pre conceived idea that a draw was satisfactory on the night!! A better manager would have gone for it!!

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I saw a tweet from the Business Bairns twitter hinting at something about to drop.

Bairns Business Club had a meeting at the stadium on Tuesday and handed the club a cheque for ten grand. They got a photocall which was subsequently tweeted out.  

There is a very, very small circle of people who need to know in advance about signings and as a general rule the Comercial Dept - who deal with BBC - are excluded from that circle. I think it's very unlikely the Business Club know anything.

Bairns Business Club had a meeting at the stadium on Tuesday and handed the club a cheque for ten grand. They got a photocall which was subsequently tweeted out.  
There is a very, very small circle of people who need to know in advance about signings and as a general rule the Comercial Dept - who deal with BBC - are excluded from that circle. I think it's very unlikely the Business Club know anything.

Bollocks the club is like a leaky bucket and has been for years. Some Directors canny hold their water

16 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Before the game we would have settled for a draw at Tannadice and so would have Houston to take back to the TFS. However it was plain to see we should have gone for the winner but Houston couldn't get it out his head that a draw was a great result and in the end it cost us. He should have been playing that match as he saw it not a pre conceived idea that a draw was satisfactory on the night!! A better manager would have gone for it!!

Make your mind up sir, was it houstons fault for not playing hippo or hippos fault for not getting a game ?

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Bollocks the club is like a leaky bucket and has been for years. Some Directors canny hold their water

Agree about some Directors - and exDirectors - yet the majority of new transfers come in without their names appearing online. For example, of the three that arrived in January only one was leaked in advance, and that was believed to have come from his agent. 

We'll see what this summer brings.

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Make your mind up sir, was it houstons fault for not playing hippo or hippos fault for not getting a game ?

The third option it was hippo's fault for being "honking" despite playing 11 minutes. Don't think this guy even watched the games.

Agree about some Directors - and exDirectors - yet the majority of new transfers come in without their names appearing online. For example, of the three that arrived in January only one was leaked in advance, and that was believed to have come from his agent. 

We'll see what this summer brings.

We will

Previous form says signing at the start of the ST sales, one or two in the middle and the player sale after the early bird closes.

You can write the script

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We will

Previous form says signing at the start of the ST sales, one or two in the middle and the player sale after the early bird closes.

You can write the script

You forgot to add the one who trains with us but Houston's absolutely not going to sign then signs him anyway.

The third option it was hippo's fault for being "honking" despite playing 11 minutes. Don't think this guy even watched the games.

Fair play, I've been caught out. I only go to 2 games a season if that and they are usually only the free games when it's bring a friend to the match with a season ticket holder. Couldn't even tell you how to get to the TFS cos I don't drive on the odd occasion I go.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Poor Peter Houston. Not only does he have to get the right signings in, but he has to do it at precise times in order to suit the marketing needs of the Season Ticket Sale Campaign. That's a tall order right enough. No wonder he doesn't have any hair left.

In my experience, as soon as a player accepts an offer the club gets him in ASAP. After all, any delay in obtaining a signature might result in him changing his mind or getting a better offer from elsewhere.

As soon as he and his agent arrive he gets a medical, the contract details are concluded and signed off, then he gets photographed and video'd for Falkirk TV. Everything is done in the space of a few hours.

The transfer is then registered and as soon as the SFA give the green light it gets announced. That normally happens within a couple of days, sometimes less. 

I can think of two instances where an announcement has been delayed. One was due to international complications as it was a cross-border transfer. In every other case, the announcement was made shortly after the process above was completed.

Falkirk do not "bank" transfers in order to release the stories at strategic times in a Season Ticket Campaign, as I think you're claiming. The idea is frankly just a little silly.  Unless you can prove me wrong by giving details of a recent instance where it happened?

"the aim is simple - promotion"

big talk from the official site, so alright then, it's time for the club to put up, as we've all been saying on here ad nauseam. 

In line with today's exchanges with BTH & Shadwell, amongst others, can we now expect at least 5, maybe 6 signings from that rallying cry/begging plea that make us all get moist?? 

Poor Peter Houston. Not only does he have to get the right signings in, but he has to do it at precise times in order to suit the marketing needs of the Season Ticket Sale Campaign. That's a tall order right enough. No wonder he doesn't have any hair left.

In my experience, as soon as a player accepts an offer the club gets him in ASAP. After all, any delay in obtaining a signature might result in him changing his mind or getting a better offer from elsewhere.
As soon as he and his agent arrive he gets a medical, the contract details are concluded and signed off, then he gets photographed and video'd for Falkirk TV. Everything is done in the space of a few hours.
The transfer is then registered and as soon as the SFA give the green light it gets announced. That normally happens within a couple of days, sometimes less. 
I can think of two instances where an announcement has been delayed. One was due to international complications as it was a cross-border transfer. In every other case, the announcement was made shortly after the process above was completed.

Falkirk do not "bank" transfers in order to release the stories at strategic times in a Season Ticket Campaign, as I think you're claiming. The idea is frankly just a little silly.  Unless you can prove me wrong by giving details of a recent instance where it happened?

They really have got you...........

Thanks for the forensic breakdown of the well oiled machine that is FFC.

We will see, the first "come and buy your ST's" was announced yesterday.

Just watched the video. Riveting stuff. [emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99]

Would much rather have something along the lines of this from the Chairman

"I would like to thank you all for your support last season. Your remarkable backing has made Falkirk the largest supported non-city club in Scotland.
Because of that support the Board are extremely confident you will again back the club and buy your season tickets again.

I can guarantee you that we will ensure that every bit of available resource will be given to the manager to ensure we have a team that will be challenging for the title this coming season. The more ST's that are bought the more resource we will be able to give him.

You have backed the club through thick and thin and it is time as Directors we help the manager give you the team that backing deserves."

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Have we signed anyone new yet? Have I missed it? 

yup, a whirlwind day of activity to boost the rush for STs - using our well-established connections, we got a gang of young talent in from England; 2 centre mids from Southampton, a winger from Swansea, RB from Man C and the "new Stokes" from Arsenal.  Oh wait....

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They really have got you...........

Thanks for the forensic breakdown of the well oiled machine that is FFC.

We will see, the first "come and buy your ST's" was announced yesterday.

Just watched the video. Riveting stuff. emoji99.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.png

Would much rather have something along the lines of this from the Chairman

"I would like to thank you all for your support last season. Your remarkable backing has made Falkirk the largest supported non-city club in Scotland.
Because of that support the Board are extremely confident you will again back the club and buy your season tickets again.

I can guarantee you that we will ensure that every bit of available resource will be given to the manager to ensure we have a team that will be challenging for the title this coming season. The more ST's that are bought the more resource we will be able to give him.

You have backed the club through thick and thin and it is time as Directors we help the manager give you the team that backing deserves."

You have a better chance of a statement on Brexit and another referndum from him :whistle