The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

100% wrong. They only want them in the team to sell them. Have you not sussed that yet?

Of course I have and that's why their a bunch of feckin clowns. You get the feeeling that if it was up to them we'd  do away with the first team altogether and simply play the under 20's every week.

Of course I have and that's why their a bunch of feckin clowns. You get the feeeling that if it was up to them we'd  do away with the first team altogether and simply play the under 20's every week.

We are going for this "Project Brave" nonsense.

I understand the financial commitment will be at least 3 times what we spend on the current set up.

Where is the cash going to come from? First team budget I would guess.

We are going for this "Project Brave" nonsense.

I understand the financial commitment will be at least 3 times what we spend on the current set up.

Where is the cash going to come from? First team budget I would guess.

Remains to be seen if this Project Brave thing is yet another half hearted SFA inspired failure.
Pretty obvious something needs to be done as the current system is not working.
I would think the reintroduction of reserve teams is a positive move.

12 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Cheers.

I know he's not rated by you guys but we're at opposite ends of the spectrum and he's someone I'd love to see down our way.

I wouldn't say he's not rated its just if we're going to finally get promoted we need better. He always gives 100% and would probably scrape double figures if playing another full season in the championship. He needs to play too so to me he's no use really as a backup or impact sub. Dumbarton are probably a good fit for Baird although would depend I suppose on whether he'll go part time or not at this stage.

Just now, DumbartonTheSons said:

Cheers.

I know he's not rated by you guys but we're at opposite ends of the spectrum and he's someone I'd love to see down our way.

Tbh i think he might be away, he's less than a week left on his contract, and would prob be one of the first ones Houston offered terms to along with Kerr who has signed sadly, as those two in particular are his favourites. He runs about a lot like a headless chicken and would probably do a job for someone like yourselves, just don't let him take a penalty.

I wouldn't say he's not rated its just if we're going to finally get promoted we need better. He always gives 100% and would probably scrape double figures if playing another full season in the championship. He needs to play too so to me he's no use really as a backup or impact sub. Dumbarton are probably a good fit for Baird although would depend I suppose on whether he'll go part time or not at this stage.

Tbh i think he might be away, he's less than a week left on his contract, and would prob be one of the first ones Houston offered terms to along with Kerr who has signed sadly, as those two in particular are his favourites. He runs about a lot like a headless chicken and would probably do a job for someone like yourselves, just don't let him take a penalty.

Yeah obviously I can only base my opinion on him on last season on games against us, but yeah if he's not banging them in for you guys at the top of the league, I'd love to see us at least try and sign him, were he to become available.

He'd be a regular starter for us I'm sure and I think he would score goals for us, something which when you're battling at the bottom is huge, having a regular goalscorer in the team you can rely on.

We'll see. I highly doubt we'll sign him for a number of reasons and this is all very hypothetical at the moment, but I'll listen with interest to see what he does over the summer.

I really like Baird, he always gives his all and has been great for our club in terms of commitment and when he hits his purple patch can bang them in. I think he's well liked in the dressing room as well. I just think we need something new and someone else to partner Austin upfront to show some ambition if nothing else. If he left I think he would be wished the best of luck from the majority of our support. If he stays then I would hope it would be as back up but obviously he needs first team football.

39 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I really like Baird, he always gives his all and has been great for our club in terms of commitment and when he hits his purple patch can bang them in. I think he's well liked in the dressing room as well. I just think we need something new and someone else to partner Austin upfront to show some ambition if nothing else. If he left I think he would be wished the best of luck from the majority of our support. If he stays then I would hope it would be as back up but obviously he needs first team football.

*clapping hands emoji*

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Yeah obviously I can only base my opinion on him on last season on games against us, but yeah if he's not banging them in for you guys at the top of the league, I'd love to see us at least try and sign him, were he to become available.

He'd be a regular starter for us I'm sure and I think he would score goals for us, something which when you're battling at the bottom is huge, having a regular goalscorer in the team you can rely on.

We'll see. I highly doubt we'll sign him for a number of reasons and this is all very hypothetical at the moment, but I'll listen with interest to see what he does over the summer.

McHugh has been freed.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

i like baird as well but if he stays houston has to think about when to use him..ie its not a good idea to stick him up front (at times this season on his lonesome)...& hoof high balls in his general dierection...hes a niggly little all action type who must be murder to play against but he doesnt have the build to be physical...as an impact sub to make the difference in a tight game id deffo keep him

23 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

i like baird as well but if he stays houston has to think about when to use him..ie its not a good idea to stick him up front (at times this season on his lonesome)...& hoof high balls in his general dierection...hes a niggly little all action type who must be murder to play against but he doesnt have the build to be physical...as an impact sub to make the difference in a tight game id deffo keep him

He's never made an impact from the bench so idk what your basing that on, I honestly love Bairdy, been brilliant during his time at the club but hopefully his time is done he can move on and we can sign an actual consistent goalscorer on his wages.