The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That's all very well but it is his livelihood remember. I am sure he is no pauper but would you do that with nothing to go to.

There are meetings today maybe we will see something in the next few days. Who knows

I thought this was his last punt in management and he was retiring once he left us? That seemed to always be the noise that came out from him. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

do u want brian graham x

Does anyone?

Have you actually had to pay Ross County for his services due to you going up or is that just a nasty rumour?? 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Does anyone?

Have you actually had to pay Ross County for his services due to you going up or is that just a nasty rumour?? 

St Johnstone supposedly. It never worked out for him at Hibs but he'll still get himself a top flight club, if Falkirk could afford him im sure they would happily take him. 

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems strange that we're re-signing players before we've decided on next year's budget. It's not as if those three are that great that someone may rush in and sign them from right under our noses.

Do you honestly think that Houston doesn't know his budget for next season? 

The fans certainly don't but I'll guarantee you Houston does. 

42 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Do you honestly think that Houston doesn't know his budget for next season? 

The fans certainly don't but I'll guarantee you Houston does. 

I'm only going by the fact that their supposed to be sitting down tonight to discuss budgets for next season .

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm only going by the fact that their supposed to be sitting down tonight to discuss budgets for next season .

The club will no doubt have a reasonable idea of funds and will have given Houston a good idea of what he can and can't do.

The meeting will be to take that a stage further as to an exact figure of affordability for the season ahead, what he can afford just now and what the likely budget in January will be to strengthen the squad. 

3 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

The club will no doubt have a reasonable idea of funds and will have given Houston a good idea of what he can and can't do.

The meeting will be to take that a stage further as to an exact figure of affordability for the season ahead, what he can afford just now and what the likely budget in January will be to strengthen the squad. 

I doubt someone has mentioned a figure whilst they were both at the urinals. Otherwise there is no reason for them to pre empt the figure that will be discussed at the meeting. It can only be housties guess at the moment id imagine.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That is not what I said but I am sure there will be some sort of discussion of the plan for next season and whether they give him extra or not. The other issue still up in the air is the East Stand, be surprised if that is not on the agenda too.

I was told the Major Shareholders were meeting this afternoon and the Board after it.

Time will tell what happens from there.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

That is not what I said but I am sure there will be some sort of discussion of the plan for next season and whether they give him extra or not. The other issue still up in the air is the East Stand, be surprised if that is not on the agenda too.

I was told the Major Shareholders were meeting this afternoon and the Board after it.

Time will tell what happens from there.

I never said u did I was going by what was stated in the falkirk Herald

'The Bairns boss should find out within the next 24 hours how much of the club’s resources will be attributed to the playing squad after meetings of the board and majority shareholders tonight (Thursday).'

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I never said u did I was going by what was stated in the falkirk Herald

'The Bairns boss should find out within the next 24 hours how much of the club’s resources will be attributed to the playing squad after meetings of the board and majority shareholders tonight (Thursday).'

Ok, not seen the Herald

I think it is a fair to say the clus is at a crossroads. Even if DU lose to Hamilton they will be is such a mess financially we have to be able to take advantage of it

17 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

From what I can see Dundee United had about 28000 more fans than us through their league gates this season. If they paid an average of 15 per head that's an extra 420000 over the season. Of course they will have larger overheads and debts but it's not insignificant

Add their parachute payment and then take away the extra we got for coming 2nd over 3rd and it's a substantial starting point.