The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Anyone know much about the youth players we let go? Fair decisions or not?

I was surprised to see Cameron Eadie on that list, I thought there was a player there. Also if McMinn is gone you have to assume we will be in for a 2nd string Goalie otherwise it's Thomson or bust.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

He been released? Would take him as well but unsure about his fitness.

Seen him a few times this season with the old man, very comfortable on the ball and can pick a decent pass but aye fitness could be an issue to why he wasnt offered a new deal, Amoo released from them aswell, fast but no end product at all.

Anyone know much about the youth players we let go? Fair decisions or not?

I'm really surprised we've let Lewis McMinn go. For me he'd have been the ideal back up 'keeper next season.

He always looked decent enough when I seen him for the under 20s and it would save a proper first team wage. Always liked the look of Cameron Eadie as well, kind of like a younger Peter Grant.

Paul Quinn released by Ross County after "struggling with injuries".

1bdad6508be5d66404d2213398495cb4.jpg

If Paul Watson goes then I fully expect this to happen.

For comparison Austin is sitting at a goal every 113 Minutes and still people think he's not good enough.

If anyone thinks Fash isn't good enough then they can get themselves to f**k.

29 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Lot of people moaning that Board and Kerr aren't on the list, but if it's true that they are due new contract offers because of X amount of games played then our hands are tied and the ball is in their course really so not much the club can do now. Wouldn't mind Scott McDonald, not sure what the deal is with him. Also Jai Quitongo of his pre injury form would be an exciting prospect IMO. 

If this is indeed the case then I think we have to be asking why in gods name are we handing players contracts with these kinds of clauses in them? We're talking about John Baird and Mark Kerr here not Neymar and Iniesta.  If they won't sign a normal deal then bin them and get someone else in. Their not irreplaceable and we shouldn't be having our budget for the next season decided for us. Whoever agreed to deals like these needs their arse well and truly booted.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Who thinks Austin isnt good enough???

Mainly some of the idiots sitting around me in the South Stand but also some Bairns supporting mates I've chatted to. Then again i'd imagine it's hard to read stats when you can't even read in the first place. There's also the tricky issue of diving by 90 without getting into a panic and having to have a wee lie down.  

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If this is indeed the case then I think we have to be asking why in gods name are we handing players contracts with these kinds of clauses in them? We're talking about John Baird and Mark Kerr here not Neymar and Iniesta.  If they won't sign a normal deal then bin them and get someone else in. Their not irreplaceable and we shouldn't be having our budget for the next season decided for us. Whoever agreed to deals like these needs their arse well and truly booted.

I'm only going by speculation so this might not be the case at all but I'm thinking surely this can be the only logical reason either name is not on the list. I'd imagine their contracts were signed on the back of them both having a good season last term. I would love to see a freshened first 11 and I hope Houstons targets are inspiring and captured early enough so as not to discourage season ticket renewals. Iv never really criticised him in the past with his waiting but this time the deals definitely need done earlier and with a bit of conviction, not a wait and see who is left job for the coming season. Also David badcock can get in bin, no more ridiculous shouts like this please, the boy is a w**k.

It's an obvious one I know, but I'd like to think if Loy leaves Dundee we'd offer him something. We know what he's about, intelligent player that brings others into the game and scores a good few. Would be a great foil for Austin 

3 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

It's an obvious one I know, but I'd like to think if Loy leaves Dundee we'd offer him something. We know what he's about, intelligent player that brings others into the game and scores a good few. Would be a great foil for Austin 

I've already highlighted him as a player we should be attempting to sign. Only issue in getting him early would be the uncertainty over who will be in charge of Dundee next season. The new manager may want a look at him before either letting him find another club or letting him go on loan, I will be very disappointed though if he ends up at St Mirren again next season and missing out on players like Loy will only show a serious lack of ambition. 

The fact that Mark Kerr and John Baird aren't sitting on that release list isn't exciting me for next season. I thought maybe this could be the first season In a long time that we've had a big chunk of a wage budget to build a good squad. As sad as I am to see sir bob go, that's the right decision, didn't do anything this year although his chances were limited. All the rest I agree with. We've got a brilliant core to the team in Grant, Sibs, Hippo and Austin. Build around that and we'll challenge. We can't be having houston playing his pals all season again.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've already highlighted him as a player we should be attempting to sign. Only issue in getting him early would be the uncertainty over who will be in charge of Dundee next season. The new manager may want a look at him before either letting him find another club or letting him go on loan, I will be very disappointed though if he ends up at St Mirren again next season and missing out on players like Loy will only show a serious lack of ambition. 

Hopefully, we'll sort out the management situation today. I'm pretty sure McCann will want to clear him out as we're really needing to make space for the changes we need and clubs at this level being interested in him should allow us to do a reasonable deal to release him.

17 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

I'm gagging for Rory back :wub: Give the #33 shirt back to its rightful owner after that Canadian imposter stole it last season.

Edited by BendtnerBairn

Big Yogi for Dundee I've heard. Don't know it'd that's true though

I think St Mirren may want first dibs here and with our wage structure, can we compete?

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

I think St Mirren may want first dibs here and with our wage structure, can we compete?

Its all about ambition. This close season will show us whether we want to win the league or not. If we cant compete and beat the likes of St Mirren for players then we may aswell pack the whole thing in.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Keep your hair on.

Yes because he's a better option off the bench . It's not rocket science. I can't really remember Baird ever having a major impact coming on as a sub whilst McHugh has on a number of occasions. As I said previously this is surely a role as a backup as we'll never go up with Baird as one of our starting strikers these days and Baird to me is a waste of a jersey if he is going to start on the bench.

Better option from the bench, since when ?

Did you watch Bobs 35 min cameo on Friday, it wouldnt be hard to argue he couldve influenced the game more from the bench whereas 3 days earlier, the same teams Baird comes on as a sub at UTD and makes an impact away from home. 

Bring back Ian McSween, he was young and useless

41 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Baird, this season, is a goal every 317 Minutes and it was 34 games I believe. I know a few one here still rate him but those are not good enough numbers to be keeping him at the club, in my opinion. For comparison Austin is sitting at a goal every 113 Minutes and still people think he's not good enough.

We can only hope Baird recreates the form of the previous season, as I mentioned earlier you get that with strikers, they can have a goal laden season then a dryer one.

I rate Austin highly but he is far from the finished article and still got a wee bit to go and if it was one of the fly by fans on Friday, you can maybe understand their thoughts based on his performance on Friday 

The club is missing a trick, we've got Houston and Austin, if we can just find a youth player who's surname is Dallas we can begin selling Tex-Mex from the burger bar in the stand. We'll make enough to pay Loy's wages in two weeks!

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Better option from the bench, since when ?

Did you watch Bobs 35 min cameo on Friday, it wouldnt be hard to argue he couldve influenced the game more from the bench whereas 3 days earlier, the same teams Baird comes on as a sub at UTD and makes an impact away from home. 

Bring back Ian McSween, he was young and useless

We can only hope Baird recreates the form of the previous season, as I mentioned earlier you get that with strikers, they can have a goal laden season then a dryer one.

I rate Austin highly but he is far from the finished article and still got a wee bit to go and if it was one of the fly by fans on Friday, you can maybe understand their thoughts based on his performance on Friday 

In 2 and a half seasons John Baird hasn't scored a single goal for Falkirk when he's come on as a substitute. McHugh has scored 7. Some of them in very important fixtures against big sides. If we're relying on Baird this season as a starting striker then we may as well forget any chance of winning the league. His career is on the wane and he is the kind of player who needs to play every week. There is no point in having him as an impact sub as that's not his game. If it was up to me I'd have booted both him and McHugh but if we're keeping one as a backup striker I'd have McHugh because evidence shows that he is a more effective off the bench  than Baird. And thats over more than two games against United.

If we have any sort of ambition we must compete with our rivals. Failure to gain promotion next year would be potentially disastrous. Can't keep serving up the same old mediocrity and expect the fans to blindly buy it.