The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Wouldn't bother me. I don't believe he's a rapist, bit of a c*nt on the night but not a rapist.

So it's OK to without consent? Seriously? No way would I want him at my club not what you call a roll model for younger players and fans. 

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

So it's OK to without consent? Seriously? No way would I want him at my club not what you call a roll model for younger players and fans. 

No its not. Can't remember too much from the story but I thought she was steaming and that was the problem? Can't say for certain she wasn't keen.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd have perhaps got rid of both too but it would appear that Baird is staying. If that's the case i' d still rather have McHugh who is younger and a better option off the bench. Baird has never made much impact as a substitute.At the end of the day we're talking about back up strikers here as we'll need a much better option to start alongside austin.

So you'd rather keep someone who has done nothing in two seasons than someone who has in one season cause he is younger.... 

You have a cheek to slag Houston's signings 

Edited by MrDust

..."provide great competition for Gallacher, great experience in the top league" proclaims Houston after signing Chalmers on a two year deal.

It's terrifying just how plausible that signing and quote is.

Luke Leahy is a huge loss even if we do have Gallagher for back up. Losing Sibbs as previously mentioned would be another major loss as much of our best play in the last 3 years have come down the left hand side.

Not surprised to see McHugh shown the door too. For me, Baird, Kidd, Kerr, Miller, Watson and McKee could all join that list, Watson and McKee due to lack of games due to being injury prone.

Time for a major clear out for me, Baird, Miller and Kerr all past their best. I don't know why we should be persisting with players who cannot last a full 90 mins.

We need to maximise our resources if we seriously want to win this league this year, its quality over quantity.

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

So you'd rather keep someone who has done nothing in two seasons than someone who has in one season cause he is younger.... 

You have a cheek to slag Houston's signings 

Keep your hair on.

Yes because he's a better option off the bench . It's not rocket science. I can't really remember Baird ever having a major impact coming on as a sub whilst McHugh has on a number of occasions. As I said previously this is surely a role as a backup as we'll never go up with Baird as one of our starting strikers these days and Baird to me is a waste of a jersey if he is going to start on the bench.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Lot of people moaning that Board and Kerr aren't on the list, but if it's true that they are due new contract offers because of X amount of games played then our hands are tied and the ball is in their course really so not much the club can do now. Wouldn't mind Scott McDonald, not sure what the deal is with him. Also Jai Quitongo of his pre injury form would be an exciting prospect IMO. 

51 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Anyone know much about the youth players we let go? Fair decisions or not?

Was surprised at McMinn, assumed he'd be number 2 next season. Maybe he prefers game time at a lower level. Thought he and Eadie and Johnson were well rated.

Fact that none of them looked remotely like troubling the first team maybe says it all. Hopefully we've got some good prospects coming through, that can step up at some point

16 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Quite surprised we are keeping Baird on. Some might argue there's no guarantee we can find someone better for the wages. Think about it though, 8 league goals from probably 25-30 starts? (guessing) There's a number of strikers who can do that for us playing in the league below. I know he runs about daft and forces mistakes, links up well and motivates people but I just don't think he's good enough anymore.

Baird, this season, is a goal every 317 Minutes and it was 34 games I believe. I know a few one here still rate him but those are not good enough numbers to be keeping him at the club, in my opinion. For comparison Austin is sitting at a goal every 113 Minutes and still people think he's not good enough.