The Falkirk FC Thread

Really disappointed to see Leahy leaving, think he's a cracking player! Hopefully he'll be going back south as rumoured as I wouldn't want to possibly face him in the future. Can see us being left without a left back soon as the BOD will be looking to punt Gallagher to the highest bidder I would imagine?

Like others I feel the list isn't long enough however there could be more going I think as quite a few are at the end of their contracts and may not accept the terms offered. Think we'll lose Sibbs for sure, again to England hopefully and heard a whisper this morning that a few clubs could be considering Grant.

List isn't long enough unfortunately. At least one other centre back, one or two of Kerr/Taiwo/McKee and Lewis Kidd should be out the door. Baird I can take or leave. Shepherd should be launched as well but the mental two year deals puts paid to that.

Absolutely delighted that Aird is away. Total dickhead who I will enjoy booing in future.

I could take or leave Baird up until about half way through the season and admired his workrate. However a grand total of eight goals for our first pick striker isn't good enough. Compare that to Cummings dobbie Murray who all scored double that. He hasn't scored I think in about 14 games now and these were arguably our 14 mist important games of the season. If he's chipped in with even 4 or 5 in that period we might have gone up. Next season he'll be another year older. If he's used for cover and isn't chewing up too much in wages then I could get it especially if he's coming off the bench and not going a few but as a first or even second pick striker I think we need someone much better

Spot on.

Luca under contract as is Kidd.

Taiwo, Kerr, Baird, McKee, Miller and Sibbs out of contract. I assume the manager wants to keep them and has offered them deals. I believe Kerr and Baird hit the games to trigger their offers. They may all of course not sign

Out of that I would only want McKee and Sibbs. Time to refresh things

Really disappointed to see Leahy leaving, think he's a cracking player! Hopefully he'll be going back south as rumoured as I wouldn't want to possibly face him in the future. Can see us being left without a left back soon as the BOD will be looking to punt Gallagher to the highest bidder I would imagine?
Like others I feel the list isn't long enough however there could be more going I think as quite a few are at the end of their contracts and may not accept the terms offered. Think we'll lose Sibbs for sure, again to England hopefully and heard a whisper this morning that a few clubs could be considering Grant.

Nottingham Forest was mentioned to me today about Sibbs.

Baird strikes me as a stroppy wee fucker so I don't imagine he'll be happy to be backup all season.

I'd clear out some more players as well but ultimately too many changes to the squad could have a negative impact for next season if it takes a while for them to gel. Its a balancing act but I'd really like to see us add some quality and push for the title next season.

Love the wee man, I really do. Just can't see him hacking it in the Championship.

Nor me. I was surprised. Warburton knows him well though

I'll no doubt take a hounding for this but I think we should 100% sign Darren Barr. Composed and intelligent and would form a great partnership with Grant.

Lost 2 yards of pace

[emoji615]️ WARNING!!!
Stay clear of Facebook pages, full of wee lassies and halfwits dribbling pish about the release list. It will scorch your eyes and scar your soul.

That's exactly the reason I came off that page.

Very strange. Read the last dozen posts and more or less agreed with every one. Not sure I liked it. No one mentioned the non-playing role for McCracken. Hard to call until we know what involved but I'm not sure how that will be different from this season. [emoji6]

Can't really argue with who was released, maybe would have taken Bob over Baird assuming he's been offered a new deal. However, an agreement with Kidd to also terminate his contract would be nice as I don't see him doing anything for us.

Going forward, surely we have to make a little better use of the loan system? Swansea staying in the PL means some of their youth prospects will be overlooked. After they've taken some of our talent recently they must have some faith/understanding of our set-up to help develop these guys in a first team environment

Wouldve kept bob over Baird any day of the week. Bairds finished at this level although you can't fault his effort. He's not great coming on off the bench compared to McHugh so god knows why he's still here. We don't need taiwo and Kerr either.  One would do and taiwo is again the younger of the two. We've not been good enough the last two years and yet here we are keeping on the majority of the  same cast  of failures.

30 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Very strange. Read the last dozen posts and more or less agreed with every one. Not sure I liked it. No one mentioned the non-playing role for McCracken. Hard to call until we know what involved but I'm not sure how that will be different from this season. emoji6.png

If there is a Gym being built in the South Stand as mentioned elsewhere and the fact McCracken is a fitnesss trainer then you can add 2 and 2 and see where this is going i reckon.

Sad to see Bob go as mentioned has scored some important goals but chances limited this season tbh.

I can understand the logic of keeping the nucleus of a team thats came 2nd 2 years in a row but we need a vaulks type of player with a point to prove from down south.

On the face of things i reckon the challenge next season will come from the likes of St Mirren, hard to see where Caley will be and nothing decided if its Accies or Dundee Utd that will be in the championship if its Dundee Utd then the issue of their financial worries may go against them but as far as signings go they have done not bad and looks as if they got their signings early just hoping Houston has someone lined up.

Also with the release list said there is a number of talks going on so that list may lengthen depending who signs a new deal or not.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wouldve kept bob over Baird any day of the week. Bairds finished at this level although you can't fault his effort. He's not great coming on off the bench compared to McHugh so god knows why he's still here. We don't need taiwo and Kerr either.  One would do and taiwo is again the younger of the two. We've not been good enough the last two years and yet here we are keeping on the majority of the  same cast  of failures.

Did Bob actually touch the ball the other night in his 35 min role ?

Oscar Pistorious would've made a better attempt of jumping in the air without his stumps than Bob did. His 3 league goals this season, won us a point.

I'd have probably got rid of both but we occasionally see good season bad season, good season with strikers. Baird has had one good season, has Bob ?

It also makes Houstie's sub tother night more meh, that he wanted a striker we were gonna free to rescue our season, where we had Miller who has won us 8pts this season and was exactly what was required

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Did Bob actually touch the ball the other night in his 35 min role ?

Oscar Pistorious would've made a better attempt of jumping in the air without his stumps than Bob did. His 3 league goals this season, won us a point.

I'd have probably got rid of both but we occasionally see good season bad season, good season with strikers. Baird has had one good season, has Bob ?

It also makes Houstie's sub tother night more meh, that he wanted a striker we were gonna free to rescue our season, where we had Miller who has won us 8pts this season and was exactly what was required

I'd have perhaps got rid of both too but it would appear that Baird is staying. If that's the case i' d still rather have McHugh who is younger and a better option off the bench. Baird has never made much impact as a substitute.At the end of the day we're talking about back up strikers here as we'll need a much better option to start alongside austin.

Edited by Shadwell Dog