The Falkirk FC Thread

This would be a phenomenal signing for us. No doubt you're about to tell me otherwise but as far as I can see he's played a decent enough role in an excellent St Johnstone team for years.

Except, why is he not playing at that level now. Nor has he been doing so for a while and why?

Don't get me wrong, he may well be a good addition, but I honestly am not sure that you always retain the level of ability once you start to drop down the leagues again (I know there are exceptions to this) and there are usually good reasons for the drop.

On 5/17/2017 at 18:11, JockysJetpack said:

Hi Falkirk fans,

Have a quiz here for you! Top-5 Falkirk scorers per season since 98/99. Let me know what you think!

https://www.sporcle.com/games/purplefrogg6/falkirk-top-5-scorers-since-9899

Thank You.

Ps. Please pump the DABs on Friday, would be good to see you up.

Finally got round to doing this - 96/112.

I got Ian Morris and Ricky Waddell but missed Kallum Higginbotham and Mark Millar.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Except, why is he not playing at that level now. Nor has he been doing so for a while and why?

Don't get me wrong, he may well be a good addition, but I honestly am not sure that you always retain the level of ability once you start to drop down the leagues again (I know there are exceptions to this) and there are usually good reasons for the drop.

He's started almost half their games this season I believe?

This would be a phenomenal signing for us. No doubt you're about to tell me otherwise but as far as I can see he's played a decent enough role in an excellent St Johnstone team for years.

Don't know about phenomenal but he is the sort of winner and leader we need in the side.

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don't know about phenomenal but he is the sort of winner and leader we need in the side.

Where would we play him though? Please don't say left back!

His position is currently held by Grant who I think is better. Come to think of it, there's only one former Bairn at St Johnstone just now that I'd want back.

Where would we play him though? Please don't say left back!
His position is currently held by Grant who I think is better. Come to think of it, there's only one former Bairn at St Johnstone just now that I'd want back.

Joe Shaughnessy?

Scobbie would be centre back alongside Grant.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I hear a rumour Tam Scobbie is Falkirk bound. That's if he decides he isn't happy to sit on saints bench. Please take him!

I think ££££s would scupper that move with wages, unless St Johnstone were to pay him off or worst case scenario offer a deal with Grant in the player and ££££s

I liked Tam when he was here, not so much at left back and he made mistakes at this level at centre half, that he was moved to left back.

I think we may be looking for left back cover or a player who is comfortable at playing more than one position including left back with Leahy having his arse out the window it seems.

Id hope to take more of an outfield loan transfers in, its a win win on either 6 months or 1 year.

Id actually take Hardie from the Rangers, he gave us Grant a torrid time with Raith, Id phone John Hughes first as he said he'd give the Raith players references !!!

33 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Joe Shaughnessy?

Scobbie would be centre back alongside Grant.

Alston.

Don't think Scobbie and Grant would work as a partnership as they're both very one-footed.

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Stanton looking for a club in August. He has one. He is currently a Hibs player for another year.

You need to get rid of those angry pills. 2017/18 should be your chill out season

Yes but I said looking for a game with someone in August. Do you really think He'll be starting games for hibs in the premier come August? No chance.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes but I said looking for a game with someone in August. Do you really think He'll be starting games for hibs in the premier come August? No chance.

If I understand the transfer window correctly, we can't sign anyone under contract until it opens on, I think, the 9th of June. So the rumours of Stanton having signed are probably crap. I'm not sure how that works about players who've been told they're being released but are technically still under contract at the moment as they're paid until the end of the month. 

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If I understand the transfer window correctly, we can't sign anyone under contract until it opens on, I think, the 9th of June. So the rumours of Stanton having signed are probably crap. I'm not sure how that works about players who've been told they're being released but are technically still under contract at the moment as they're paid until the end of the month. 

Here's hoping your right mate.

Shaugnessy may be a top centre half but unfortunately for us he's a god awful fullback. Thankfully our days of playing centrehalfs at right back are long gone. Oops wait a minute.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Leahy all but signed for Walsall, time for Gallagher to step up.

From the Saddlers forum. Looks to be true:

"Luke Leahy, 24 year old left back from Coventry who plays for Falkirk in the Scottish Championship. Ian Sharps has recently followed him on Twitter and Leahy has now followed our official twitter account. Looks like we could be in for him. Also fits the bill with Whitney's comments about scouting player up in Scotland.
"

Carl Finnigan- now there's a blast from the past. Now playing for South Shields at Wembley. Commentator just mentioned him in the build-up. Carl winning at the moment  Sorry if off-topic. Getting over Friday.

Also Scott Flinders in goal for my other team Macclesfield Town. Ps got beat by York City 3-2.