The Falkirk FC Thread

I think that's a given just now, as all he did this year at first team level was play for about 15 minutes down at Ayr when he made his debut. He's very good at U20 level though, why is why I'd like to see him given a crack at it.
I didn't think McGrandles was ready for the first team when we threw him in and look how he turned out.

We will see, bet he hardly plays though

Marshmallo mentioned getting a stainrod latapy type player to gel the squad and motivate the fans. Not as many characters and big game players about these days but who realistically would get you rushing out to buy your season ticket and excited about the season ahead?

For me I don't think he'd leave qos for us but it would be dobbie. He scored loads this season in a team not as strong as ours imagine what we could do with someone as composed as him? He and Austin anyone?

Failing that someone mentioned loy and I'd be keen to see him with Austin too.

2 hours ago, RichieBairn said:

I was always a Craigen lover. Lol. Knew he had potential even when he was getting a slating because I could see Houston was playing him in a position he wasn't comfortable with. He has terrific technique! That's what baffles me about Houston at times, playing players out of position and expecting them to adapt quickly and wondering why they don't and players are getting stick from us fans.
If we have started the recruitment already in the shape of Stanton then Houston is obviously here to stay and is identifying his targets early doors. As for Kerr, not fussed if he stays or goes as long as he isn't first choice. It's clearly obvious he manages 55 mins at best, then is gone. An old head to come on in the second half to see the youngsters through to full time and be a calming influence but never a starter please!!

I stuck up for him at first as I was impressed with his equal ability with both feet but he has a bit one paced until the Utd play off games, where he seemed to find pace from somewhere.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I am curious why so many think Muirhead would be a better CB than Watson. I have not really seen that much evidence that he would be a more secure defender in that position?

Im sure he was player of the year for Partick in the role of CB, He for me is more composed at centre back, barks instructions and is pretty decent in the air. Watson altho can do a job has a mistake in him with the ball at his feet, tho is a threat in the opposite box at set pieces. 

Seems to be more people willing to give Houston another opportunity to get us up from my very unscientific reading from twitter & on here. I will declare that I would prefer a change but think it unlikely. However interested to here if next season results in no promotion is that it for Houston? I know a lot of unknowns & his contract up anyway but genuinely want keen to hear people's thoughts. Basically promotion or cheerio for Houston?

Seems to be more people willing to give Houston another opportunity to get us up from my very unscientific reading from twitter & on here. I will declare that I would prefer a change but think it unlikely. However interested to here if next season results in no promotion is that it for Houston? I know a lot of unknowns & his contract up anyway but genuinely want keen to hear people's thoughts. Basically promotion or cheerio for Houston?

If he decided to jack it in tomorrow or after Thursday's meeting I wouldn't lose sleep over it but I'm 100% sure he won't or the board will relieve him of his duties so let's see who he brings in over the summer and the first 10/12 games of next season produces but I really hope we play more attractive football and not be so conservative but I won't hold my breath!!

What a bunch of girls blouses ! Was only some patter ! Pars 4 life you can f**k right off to your slum

Ha ha, Deano, do you happen to realise the irony of using the term 'girls blouses' to the PC brigade at all? [emoji23]