The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, RichieBairn said:

In the last two fixtures he has been encouraged to come inside and interchange with McKee. They have a good understanding so I'd be inclined to keep both as our central midfield partnership next season. Craigen isn't a right mid/winger and is wasted out there. We need to find a decent RB and RM during the summer and asap before every other club snaps them while Houston is still fannying about!

No trying to be funny but we won't be winning any league with a first choice CM pairing of McKee and Craigen

4 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Great to welcome you all back after you were looking like heading to the top division for an hour last night. Disappointed to be losing our proper derby so we can take some solace in retaining the Fauxkirk Derby instead.

Looking forward to heading to your patch a couple of times next season where we can avenge our poorest performances of last season. I hope your pricing remains the same as reluctantly have to praise your board on that. We can also resume hostilities and take care of unfinished business at East End. A fixture that is already a must in next year's calendar. Admit it, you didn't fancy the top division anyway?

Hope Hamilton drop as well as we have similar unfinished business with them.

See you next season and "keep dancing". x

Sorry, I'm confused, I thought you lot didn't care anymore?

39 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

No trying to be funny but we won't be winning any league with a first choice CM pairing of McKee and Craigen

McKee was excellent at right mid for the two games. Craigen and taiwo could be worth a bash in the middle.we need a right back and a quality striker to play with Austin. I reckon grant and muirhead would be a strong centrehalf partnership.

Get rid of the chaff and replace them with 3 better quality players instead of signing 4 or 5 mediocre ones.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Hope this isn't true. Lot of time for Mark Kerr and some of the criticism he has been singled out for this season has been a tad harsh, but we've got to be looking to the future. A younger, more dynamic midfield that can actually last 90 minutes.

If it came from Hope Street then it's almost certainly true. I believe his son is one of our youth players and HS is very good at giving out info which should probably be confidential; for example revealing that Will Vaulks was en route to Rotherham before the deal was concluded.

If it came from Hope Street then it's almost certainly true. I believe his son is one of our youth players and HS is very good at giving out info which should probably be confidential; for example revealing that Will Vaulks was en route to Rotherham before the deal was concluded.

TBF everyone knew he was going there or Barnsley. So he had a 50% chance of getting it right.

TBF everyone knew he was going there or Barnsley. So he had a 50% chance of getting it right.

Not sure why this would be a concern. It might be different in the Premiership but based on his recent performances he could still do a job for us next season in the right circumstances.

We will need some depth to our squad.

See as bad as last night was I think we may have found a formation that might work for us with the midfield diamond. If we keep McKee have him on the right, craigen playing of the strikers and hippo on the left then it will just be a case of finding a solid holding midfielder to do the Kerr role, possibly Taiwo however id prefer someone with a better range of passing

got to admit I won't be devastated if houstie were to call it a day although I wouldn't be bothered if he carries on. next season looks like the most wide open for years and we'll have every chance of going up as champions obviously this depends on who comes in and who leaves, and how other clubs recruit but with no rangers/hibs type in the league it should be a competitive league.

we have a good squad with some potential in the under 20s, so looking forward to next season, hopefully the crowds hold up as the support this season has been excellent.

You believe wrong mate.

I've got a couple of friends in and around the club who pass on snippets of info.

Nothing malicious intended, or trying to be a big shot by passing on what get told[emoji106]

On one f they are saying Sam Stanton signed for next season. Don't know much about him tbh

Hibs midfielder been on loan at Dumbarton this season