The Falkirk FC Thread

Proved his worth in the last 2 games but he needs to continue it.

In the last two fixtures he has been encouraged to come inside and interchange with McKee. They have a good understanding so I'd be inclined to keep both as our central midfield partnership next season. Craigen isn't a right mid/winger and is wasted out there. We need to find a decent RB and RM during the summer and asap before every other club snaps them while Houston is still fannying about!

Assuming Leahy and sibbald both go (Hope not) then I would want following squad

Thompson

New right back (Muirhead for back up)
Centre halfs - (between Grant Watson muirhead)
Left back - gallacher

Holding midfield - McKee taiwo
Attacking midfield - hippo craigen sign another

Strikers - Austin ohara sign two others

Let go wage wise

McCracken (retire)
Kidd
Gaspo (decent but have 3 here)
Kerr (Good but not the future)
Baird
McHugh
Shepherd
Miller (retire)
Sibbald (Will leave)
Leahy (Will leave)

That's a lot of freed up wages there. We will be one of the biggest clubs next year so no excuses about budgets

13 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Thompson

Left back - gallacher

Let go wage wise

McCracken (retire)
Kidd
Baird
McHugh
Shepherd
Miller (retire)
Sibbald (Will leave)
Leahy (Will leave)

That's a lot of freed up wages there. We will be one of the biggest clubs next year so no excuses about budgets

Shepard just signed a new deal,also Luca and Bring Kidd are still under contract for another year.

I suppose that the only consolation of last night's capitulation is that we won't have to play in the Premiership next season! Fucking horrible league where shitfest 0-0 draws away to the likes of Motherwell or Kilmarnock would be seen as good results. I won't miss the abuse that we take at Ibrox (in particular) or Parkhead either.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I suppose that the only consolation of last night's capitulation is that we won't have to play in the Premiership next season! Fucking horrible league where shitfest 0-0 draws away to the likes of Motherwell or Kilmarnock would be seen as good results. I won't miss the abuse that we take at Ibrox (in particular) or Parkhead either.

That reeks of no getting invited to a party "Aye I didni want to go anyway, that Brenda is an arsehole along wi her dug." 

The Premiership is exactly where we should want to be. Higher standard of football with bigger and better atmospheres. I've been following the side for 24 years and have never experienced the 'abuse' at Parkhead or Ibrox and I'd much rather battling for draws against Motherwell/Kilmarnock rather than away to Dumbarton/Brechin next season. 

Great to welcome you all back after you were looking like heading to the top division for an hour last night. Disappointed to be losing our proper derby so we can take some solace in retaining the Fauxkirk Derby instead.

Looking forward to heading to your patch a couple of times next season where we can avenge our poorest performances of last season. I hope your pricing remains the same as reluctantly have to praise your board on that. We can also resume hostilities and take care of unfinished business at East End. A fixture that is already a must in next year's calendar. Admit it, you didn't fancy the top division anyway?

Hope Hamilton drop as well as we have similar unfinished business with them.

See you next season and "keep dancing". x

19 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

That reeks of no getting invited to a party "Aye I didni want to go anyway, that Brenda is an arsehole along wi her dug." 

The Premiership is exactly where we should want to be. Higher standard of football with bigger and better atmospheres. I've been following the side for 24 years and have never experienced the 'abuse' at Parkhead or Ibrox and I'd much rather battling for draws against Motherwell/Kilmarnock rather than away to Dumbarton/Brechin next season. 

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be aiming to get to the Premier as we obviously should be looking to win every game that we contest. I'm looking for some crumb of comfort to make up for my disappointment last night and the reality is that, had we been promoted, we'd have probably struggled to compete next season. On the whole, I haven't particularly enjoyed the football that I've seen in the Premier as it usually does turn into a shitfest and I think that would be even more likely with Houstie's cautionary approach.

I'm honestly amazed that you haven't seen any abuse, at Ibrox in particular, and I don't just mean from the 'fans'!

I'm not saying that we shouldn't be aiming to get to the Premier as we obviously should be looking to win every game that we contest. I'm looking for some crumb of comfort to make up for my disappointment last night and the reality is that, had we been promoted, we'd have probably struggled to compete next season. On the whole, I haven't particularly enjoyed the football that I've seen in the Premier as it usually does turn into a shitfest and I think that would be even more likely with Houstie's cautionary approach.
I'm honestly amazed that you haven't seen any abuse, at Ibrox in particular, and I don't just mean from the 'fans'!

I honestly cannot think of a single time when I went to Ibrox and did not get abuse..whether that's from supporters or stewards.

Thompson

Left back - gallacher

Let go wage wise

McCracken (retire)
Kidd
Baird
McHugh
Shepherd
Miller (retire)
Sibbald (Will leave)
Leahy (Will leave)

What about Liam Henderson? Is he not still under contract?

Hope this isn't true. Lot of time for Mark Kerr and some of the criticism he has been singled out for this season has been a tad harsh, but we've got to be looking to the future. A younger, more dynamic midfield that can actually last 90 minutes.

Only what I'm hearing mate. [emoji106]