The Falkirk FC Thread

That really stings, interesting summer ahead. No excuses for not turning up in the second half of a playoff game after looking so comfortable, really disappointed in the team.

Time for a good clear out. Build the team around Austin and Pedro Grant. Unconvinced Sibbald will get a gig at a much higher level so I'm expecting to see him in a Falkirk shirt again next season. Leahy's been a good servant to the club and it's a shame that he'll probably leave but we've got an able replacement in Gallagher.

4 minutes ago, BottiBiabi said:

Time for a good clear out. Build the team around Austin and Pedro Grant. Unconvinced Sibbald will get a gig at a much higher level so I'm expecting to see him in a Falkirk shirt again next season. Leahy's been a good servant to the club and it's a shame that he'll probably leave but we've got an able replacement in Gallagher.

Is Leahy going up to a Premiership team or just being released? 

Edited by Scosha

35 minutes ago, Gollum said:

That really stings, interesting summer ahead. No excuses for not turning up in the second half of a playoff game after looking so comfortable, really disappointed in the team.

If it makes you feel better you were never comfortable at any point in the tie. Difference between the two sets of fans is that we knew we were in for a very tight game, you guys seemed to think you were something. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

If it makes you feel better you were never comfortable at any point in the tie. Difference between the two sets of fans is that we knew we were in for a very tight game, you guys seemed to think you were something. 

I don't we think we thought we were wildly better than Utd. IMO, most rational fans looked at Utd's poor away record, especially against ourselves and the better sides in the division, and thought that we should get a positive result tonight. Based on form up to this point, that wasn't an unfounded opinion.

The major grievance is that we approached the game negatively against a team that was vulnerable at the back. I'm not going to pretend we're a great defensive unit (because we're not), so we should have been aiming to outscore Utd tonight. Houston got that wrong and we've paid the price.

The stats of the game are pretty damning for me. We got out-shot at home in a game we should have been aiming to win. If you try to shitfest, you're always liable to lose when your defence isn't up to scratch. No complaints about the result from me.

Edited by lanky_ffc