The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

We done this to the **** a few years back and so did Motherwell I think. Can understand why Dundee United would do it, any kind of possible advantage should be taken. Can Falkirk split there away stand? 

Yep, if it stops the away team gaining any kind of advantage like a noisey away support can give, then you can see why the home team would do it.

the whole of Scottish football is desperate to attract support, we get to one of the biggest games of the season and would rather have empty seats than fans in creating an atmosphere. short term gain of maybe (and it is just a maybe) having a slight advantage in the home leg by having less away fans against having a showpiece game with a better atmosphere that might in the long term attract some supporters back to games again.

last season games with bigger away supports really got the home fans going so is there really an advantage? last seasons playoffs, played in a good atmosphere like the pumping of hibs was excellent and attracts supporters back as shown in our crowds this season when we haven't been as good to watch.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Have we already allocated away tickets for our home game ?

Don't think so. But if DU only give us 1,500 they should only be getting about 800 from us. If it's Morton I imagine they will give us as many as we can shift

Don't think so. But if DU only give us 1,500 they should only be getting about 800 from us. If it's Morton I imagine they will give us as many as we can shift

The club should play hard ball here. We haven't given them any tickets yet. You give us 1500 we give you 800. You give us 3000 we give you the whole north stand. This makes a mockery having empty seats and makes it harder getting your hands on the ones available

Dundee Utd are literally throwing away money here. I had a few mates who were keen to go to this, but due to the limited allocation (meaning it's ST holders only sale on Sat) and me only being in Falkirk on Saturday, doesn't look like it will be possible for me to get tickets for them. Only Scottish football eh.