The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Airdrie average crowds under 1000, Morton 2000 on a good day, Raith 1500. We're a bigger club than any of them. Dunfermline and St Mirren have both been in the same boat as us. Bad decisions made off the field resulting in near disaster on it and in Dunfermlines case them nearly going bust. We have the support and infrastructure to be a long term Premier league side if we are run correctly on and off the field. AT the moment when you compare us to Hamilton, ICT, Partick etc we're underachieving in a big way. No reason why we shouldnt be able to exist in the top flight for the same longevity as Kilmarnock and Motherwell . Its up to the bod to get us in that position and keep us there. They should be looking at the likes of St Johnstone and thinking what are they doing right that we're doing wrong.

Unsure what you're basing all that on, but Rovers average attendance is bigger than Morton's

Some of our fans are delusional. Cracks me up. The obsession with crowds and club size always manages to be brought up no matter what the topic is surrounding Falkirk Football Club. The top division is for the best clubs, not the biggest ones, it's such a daring concept isn't it. Play well, pick up points, move up. 

'Aye but budgets, season tickets etc'....naw. 

until we field a team that plays well and competitively enough with teams in the top division then we do not deserve to be there, irrespective of gate numbers. Sooner folk realise this the sooner we can find something else to w**k over. Hopefully the product on the park.

38 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Unsure what you're basing all that on, but Rovers average attendance is bigger than Morton's

I did say it was on a good day . 

Nobody's argueing that Hamilton, ICT etc shouldn't be in the top flight . They're there on merit and quite rightly so. The discussion in my mind is why we aren't in the top flight when they are? And it again comes down to the fact that we havent been run properly on and off the park for a number of years. The question for our bod is how will they change that? I want to see us competing in the top flight on a regular basis and consideirng the fact that clubs like Hamilton and ICT can do it then why shouldnt I?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

was just on bettermeddle there reminding myself of the first season I really remember....78/79...we had some jokers playing back then...im looking at you mike oliver.we were no bigger than the rest of the clubs and played to 1200 or so at home & we were part time...Dumbarton were as big as us

43 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I did say it was on a good day . 

Nobody's argueing that Hamilton, ICT etc shouldn't be in the top flight . They're there on merit and quite rightly so. The discussion in my mind is why we aren't in the top flight when they are? And it again comes down to the fact that we havent been run properly on and off the park for a number of years. The question for our bod is how will they change that? I want to see us competing in the top flight on a regular basis and consideirng the fact that clubs like Hamilton and ICT can do it then why shouldnt I?

years in the lower league and yet we're getting over 4,000 home fans per game, last season was one of the best ever as a fan even if we didn't go up, we are on our soundest financial footing since we went down, hardly a damning indictment of the board! lets look at who won the league, hibs? are we bigger? deserve or should finish above them? last season rangers, before that hearts, before that Dundee...by your own look at our support/size argument we shouldn't go up in any of those seasons. other winners, partick very similar size to us and ross county who are smaller in support but have very sizable financial backing. there's no reason why we couldn't stay in the top flight for a long time, like you say ict and Hamilton have done it but that works both ways, hearts, hibs both Dundee teams who are all bigger than us have fallen out of the top flight so they're no automatic reason why we should be up there! 

Some of our fans are delusional. Cracks me up. The obsession with crowds and club size always manages to be brought up no matter what the topic is surrounding Falkirk Football Club. The top division is for the best clubs, not the biggest ones, it's such a daring concept isn't it. Play well, pick up points, move up. 
until we field a team that plays well and competitively enough with teams in the top division then we do not deserve to be there, irrespective of gate numbers. Sooner folk realise this the sooner we can find something else to w**k over. Hopefully the product on the park.

Absolutely correct, but clubs don't think that way. They are desperate to get shot of those with no travelling fans and long distances to travel

was just on bettermeddle there reminding myself of the first season I really remember....78/79...we had some jokers playing back then...im looking at you mike oliver.we were no bigger than the rest of the clubs and played to 1200 or so at home & we were part time...Dumbarton were as big as us

It is 40 years ago. Only 8 years before that we played to full houses regularly.

If we went shit again we would loses fans.

3 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

years in the lower league and yet we're getting over 4,000 home fans per game, last season was one of the best ever as a fan even if we didn't go up, we are on our soundest financial footing since we went down, hardly a damning indictment of the board! lets look at who won the league, hibs? are we bigger? deserve or should finish above them? last season rangers, before that hearts, before that Dundee...by your own look at our support/size argument we shouldn't go up in any of those seasons. other winners, partick very similar size to us and ross county who are smaller in support but have very sizable financial backing. there's no reason why we couldn't stay in the top flight for a long time, like you say ict and Hamilton have done it but that works both ways, hearts, hibs both Dundee teams who are all bigger than us have fallen out of the top flight so they're no automatic reason why we should be up there! 

We're now what 7 years down here . Lets not forget also that we made a sizeable loss last season despite selling a number of players for some decent cash. If we want to have a secure financial future we need to get into the top flight and soon.

9 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

was back then I started going regular, I mind for years I though 2,500 was a big crowd!

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is 40 years ago. Only 8 years before that we played to full houses regularly.

If we went shit again we would loses fans.

this isn't true, 1978 is only about 12 or 13 years ago...I think :lol:

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're now what 7 years down here . Lets not forget also that we made a sizeable loss last season despite selling a number of players for some decent cash. If we want to have a secure financial future we need to get into the top flight and soon.

I totally agree that we need to go and want to go up, I'm just saying that because we have a slightly bigger budget or are (currently) getting a good support, it doesn't mean you automatically go up.

4 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I totally agree that we need to go and want to go up, I'm just saying that because we have a slightly bigger budget or are (currently) getting a good support, it doesn't mean you automatically go up.

Of course not mate. We're still paying the price of the bod's mismanagement of the club at the tail end of the Hughes era and the first few years post relegation. Appointing dreadful rookie managers scuppered what were our best chances of promotion then. 

Of course not mate. We're still paying the price of the bod's mismanagement of the club at the tail end of the Hughes era and the first few years post relegation. Appointing dreadful rookie managers scuppered what were our best chances of promotion then. 

We were lucky to have a club the 2nd year after we went down. If the "rookie" manager hadn't been there playing kids we wouldn't have been. There was no wish to go up in that period. Simply blood kids get them 100 games and punt them so the Board could get their money back.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

What a boring league it would be if it was the same 12 teams in the top flight every season. Might as well just do away with promotion and relegation and just leave the 12 best supported sides in the country in the top flight forever.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

11 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

The crowd chat in here from some of our fans is fucking cringeworthy.

All this is correct.