The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Another two for O'Hara after only 18 minutes of the under 20 game tonight. If we don't use him this season surely he has to be one of our main strikers next year?

I think Miller, McHugh and possibly Baird are out of contract in the summer so we might find Austin, O'Hara and Shepherd as 3 of our main strikers next year probably with 1/2 of the 3 others kept on.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

With hippo banned for two games, McKee and Watson returning from injury and many players having been rotated we surely should be fresh for the playoffs? In addition if we can bag second this weekend we could effectively have two weeks with no pressure prior to the semi

Did I miss the Watson return?

2 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I think Miller, McHugh and possibly Baird are out of contract in the summer so we might find Austin, O'Hara and Shepherd as 3 of our main strikers next year probably with 1/2 of the 3 others kept on.

All three will get a new deal I think. I could do without McHugh or Baird but I'd like Miller to stay on as a coach.

9 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

All three will get a new deal I think. I could do without McHugh or Baird but I'd like Miller to stay on as a coach.

If we stay down I'd go with a four of Austin/Baird/O'Hara/Miller (I'd have let Shepherd leave). I think we'd struggle to do better than Baird while we're in the Championship but if he leaves I'd not be against it.

If we go up I'd only really fancy Austin as being anywhere near what we need. Miller getting kept around as fourth choice would probably do but I reckon we'd need at least two strikers brought in.

41 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If we stay down I'd go with a four of Austin/Baird/O'Hara/Miller (I'd have let Shepherd leave). I think we'd struggle to do better than Baird while we're in the Championship but if he leaves I'd not be against it.

If we go up I'd only really fancy Austin as being anywhere near what we need. Miller getting kept around as fourth choice would probably do but I reckon we'd need at least two strikers brought in.

Would agree re Baird & Shepherd but would like to give O'Hara at least the chance he's not yet had. 

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Good to see Watson back but does anyone see a valid reason, (or any possibility of Houston) for dropping Gasparotto? For me he has done very ittle wrong since coming back from being dropped earlier in the season.

I imagine Houston wont drop him anyway, but I personally couldn't ask him to.

He had a howler at Tannadice but has been fine apart from that he's been fine. It's a tough one because there isn't much between them.

Back in training I believe so should be in time for play offs

He's never been out of training just he couldn't do match situations, contact stuff etc until he got cleared by docs. I would have thought he would have had a carbon cast on it and he'd have carried on playing myself.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Good to see Watson back but does anyone see a valid reason, (or any possibility of Houston) for dropping Gasparotto? For me he has done very ittle wrong since coming back from being dropped earlier in the season.

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but as soon as the fulltime whistle went at East End Park Gasparotto dropped to the ground and was attended to by the physio. He limped off holding the back of his thigh.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't know if anyone noticed it, but as soon as the fulltime whistle went at East End Park Gasparotto dropped to the ground and was attended to by the physio. He limped off holding the back of his thigh.

Aye i noticed that. id suggest he dived though 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

To be honest big Peter could do with a rest and is also on the cusp of a suspension. I'm not sure about Gasparotto and Watson as a partnership though.