The Falkirk FC Thread

Excuses in early for the price hike in season tickets (which I have no problem with) and lack of funds available to the manager for next year.

His SNPBad slant will also alienate the inevitable SNP majority after the council elections in May.

10% increase I believe. PATG going to £20

I would encourage fans to ask him to explain his statement directly as it's time we had a chairman who stands up for the club not his political allegiance. Campbell Christie was an example of that and Henderson could do to learn that lesson.

He should be forced out over this

1 hour ago, BairnandBred said:

Is it bad his statement has genuinely annoyed me? This is the man who is completely in charge of our club. First I've seen of any chairman blab on about Brexit. Ann Budge just put out a great statement covering all bases from the youth set up, right through to backing their manager and stadium progress, its actually (pains me) a great statement, while ours is just a big ball of cringe.

Sorry Doug, it's not you after all!

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seen it coming. Players put too much into the first 45. If Taylor had buried his sitter to make it 4 0 we wouldnt be having this conversation. Mental game though.

The boy Harris looked a player when he came on.

Aye the boy Harris was excellent that day. Looked a real prospect but in fact will probably end up in the seaside leagues in the near future. Like you said if Taylor had scored or we'd even managed to hold out for another 10 mins second half we'd have got a result .We weren't a great side though that year to be honest as our league placing showed. Darren Dodds and Johnny Flynn at the heart of our defence for instance. If we had had a decent squad we nay have  held on but we had bowman, tom grant, weatherston, Higgins and Dick on the bench. There was no chance any of them was going to come on and shore things up. No surprise that none of them are still at the club.  

Happy anniversary guys x

genuinely astonishing that you managed to bottle a three goal lead in 45 minutes against a side that included Ryan McGivern, Tim Clancy and Paul Cairney. A side that was managed by Pat Fenlon.

Easily my worst ever day supporting Falkirk. I will never trust anyone again after that game :(

2 things.

1, We should never have had Holt take the team that day. 1st game as a manager and he looked clueless with what to do in the 2nd half.

2, I was pissed off we lost until I seen the final. Celtic smashed Hibs stupid.  Just think what they'd have done to us had we made the final.

25 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

2 things.

1, We should never have had Holt take the team that day. 1st game as a manager and he looked clueless with what to do in the 2nd half.

2, I was pissed off we lost until I seen the final. Celtic smashed Hibs stupid.  Just think what they'd have done to us had we made the final.

I agree with you to a certain extent but again with that bench there wasn't really a lot of options for him. We were crying out for a Mark Kerr or Tom Taiwo . Hibs changes at half time made a big difference as they were forced into going for it. We couldnt really counter it as we only had one defensive minded player on the bench and that was Dick. I actually reckon we'd have had more chance of winning if we'd only been one up at half time as Fenlon may not have made any changes at half time.

God knows how Will Vaulks couldnt get in that side or was he injured at the time? I cant recall.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

A couple of pictures I took at that game popped up on my timehop earlier. Hate thinking about it. I text my hibee mate at half time saying, cheerio, so fucking easy. I feel it's my fault we lost and I jinxed the team. Sorry lads

YA b*****d