The Falkirk FC Thread

15 hours ago, Russ said:

It's probably the cup game which is more sticking in people's minds as a big reason why they reckon we can his struggle against Morton. As fucking horrific as we were in the second half that game Morton were probably the best opposition team I've seen this season.

I didn't go that day, so can't really comment on the performance of either side. I'm not going to read too much into a result where we were missing 3 (arguably 4) of our strongest back line and only played 1 up front though.

Edited by lanky_ffc

I'm not saying they did. Who knows. I was just suggesting that it means 3 teams in the championship cant really plan properly for next season until they know what division their going to end up in. If we'd gone up Alston wouldnt be at St Johnstone just now he'd still be with us.

If yer Auntie had baws. St Johnstone regularly finish in the top 6 and qualify for Europe each year. If we had went up with that squad (baring in mind the majority of them were all signed up) would have been scrapping at the bottom. No brainer.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

If yer Auntie had baws. St Johnstone regularly finish in the top 6 and qualify for Europe each year. If we had went up with that squad (baring in mind the majority of them were all signed up) would have been scrapping at the bottom. No brainer.

I'm only repeating what the manager said. Take what you want from that.I had presumed that was why he hadnt signed a PCA in January with them when they offered.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Seems we had planned for the worst (staying down) but hoped for the best (beating Killie)

It's probably worse if you are the Premier league team coming down with premier league players on big wages than to actually be the Championship team coming up with Championship players on smaller wages.

7 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Seems we had planned for the worst (staying down) but hoped for the best (beating Killie)

It's probably worse if you are the Premier league team coming down with premier league players on big wages than to actually be the Championship team coming up with Championship players on smaller wages.

If you are structured well enough, you have players on contracts that either are free to move at that wage after relegation or reduced wages, thats if the wage is not sustainable a league below, that said Scottish clubs and doing the sensible thing isnt usually a thing they take on.

There are thousands of players without clubs in August, never mind to bleat about pre contract signings come January. Im pretty more content not signing players then as it can fuk up them up knowing that with around half a season to play, the club he is at knows he is going, the fans will get on his back at the least wee thing which may lead to him being dropped or lose a bit to effect his future game. Its a stupid rule that you can pre sign someone under contract in January, along with the loans in the same league, Id scrap in a minute.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

If you are structured well enough, you have players on contracts that either are free to move at that wage after relegation or reduced wages, thats if the wage is not sustainable a league below, that said Scottish clubs and doing the sensible thing isnt usually a thing they take on.

There are thousands of players without clubs in August, never mind to bleat about pre contract signings come January. Im pretty more content not signing players then as it can fuk up them up knowing that with around half a season to play, the club he is at knows he is going, the fans will get on his back at the least wee thing which may lead to him being dropped or lose a bit to effect his future game. Its a stupid rule that you can pre sign someone under contract in January, along with the loans in the same league, Id scrap in a minute.

Surely the key to a pre contract signing is for both teams to stay quiet on the deal?

On a similar note it seems we verbally had an agreement for Motherwells David Clarkson in Summer 2015 until along came Motherwell.

They then loaned him out January 2016 to St Mirren where he's been since :lol:

He makes good choices does Dave

Any movement on the 4th stand/terracing/leave it as is?

Any movement on the 4th stand/terracing/leave it as is?

On a completely serious note.. is there any point in building a 4th stand?

As shite as it looks, surely it's better than spending a lot of money on something that's going to be either A. partly empty or B. Filled but leaving the other stand(s) emptier than they already are?

As shite as it looks, surely it's better than spending a lot of money on something that's going to be either A. partly empty or B. Filled but leaving the other stand(s) emptier than they already are?

I'm in the camp that thinks there ain't much point to completing the stadium with another full stand. It would have to be something unique to get my approval. I personally think we should go for like a half seated/safe standing area with the other half being hospitality/offices.

37 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

It'll not be us spending the cash on it. 

57 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

It will be built by a developer, if it happens. I suspect that after the local council elections we will find out a bit more on timescales of it is going to happen.. The cost to the club will be minimal as we won't be building it. Hotel as part of the development apparently

If this is the case we should get the bloody thing finished

Edited by Back Post Misses

33 minutes ago, ftk said:

Would falkirk fans want the new stand to have safe terracing?

Not a Falkirk fan but what exactly do you mean by "safe terracing"?

I've never understood the fascination with the theoretical "safe standing areas" following the German model where there is a defined space per person and an individual barrier to lean on. If you are going to have that and not be able to move freely around like "classic" terracing then why bother? May as well have a seat IMO."Safe standing" is a needless gimmick for me.

If on the other hand you just mean, terracing in the classic sense as both Ayr and QoS still have then that's different. That's allowed at Premiership level now so there's no problem with having that and getting promotion but I don't see any club rushing to put it in. Nor is it the sort of thing that works on top of a building with offices which is presumably what will be needed for a third party to instal it.

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I've never understood the fascination with the theoretical "safe standing areas" following the German model where there is a defined space per person and an individual barrier to lean on. If you are going to have that and not be able to move freely around like "classic" terracing then why bother? May as well have a seat IMO."Safe standing" is a needless gimmick for me.

If on the other hand you just mean, terracing in the classic sense as both Ayr and QoS still have then that's different. That's allowed at Premiership level now so there's no problem with having that and getting promotion but I don't see any club rushing to put it in. Nor is it the sort of thing that works on top of a building with offices which is presumably what will be needed for a third party to instal it.

I agree Skyline. I fail to understand what the difference is between safe standing and standing in your seat at the football currently apart from the fact that the safe standing costs a fortune and gives you something to lean on. They'd be as well just setting out areas in the current stands where you can stand up if you want. It happens at most grounds anyway especially down south where even Liverpool fans refuse to sit down for 90mins even after what happened at Hillsboro which I've got to say surprised me  a bit.

To answer Doms question the ownership of the main stand is split 50/50 between the club and the council. Falkirk own the North Stand and lease the South Stand off Sandy Alexander.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Difference between safe terracing and normal terracing is that if Falkirk were to qualify for Europe only seats are allowed for these fixtures. Therefore if it was safe standing the terracing can be converted into seats and used. If it was normal terracing that stand would have to stay closed. Smaller Scottish teams are probably better just with normal terracing.