The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

Thoughts on Kieran duffie? Just signed for us

Last game for us was in 2015, the cup final. He was a prospect but I suppose injuries fecked him. I had actually thought in his last season that he needed to get away for a fresh challenge but in hindsight he was probably playing with an injury a lot, one thing about him is he is a decent height but not even close to commanding in the air for his height.

Good to see him back tho

What result do we want from Morton vs Hibs on Saturday? 

I like most/all think the league is 100% done. But a Morton win coupled with a Falkirk win would see us 6 points behind with 4 games to go. For the record I don't think that will happen, two draws more likely on Saturday imo

That would leave them with just 2 wins in their last 10 matches. Like last season, they have the distraction of the Cup. Hibs have a good run in on paper but as we've seen all season they struggle to motivate themselves when playing the teams down at the bottom of the league. Three draws in Hibs last four games coupled with us winning our remaining games would see it go down to goal difference, which would be very tight.

I don't think any of the above will happen but we have won 6 games in a row before this season. It would be fun to at least put a wee bit of final pressure on Hibs this season.  

22 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

What result do we want from Morton vs Hibs on Saturday? 

I like most/all think the league is 100% done. But a Morton win coupled with a Falkirk win would see us 6 points behind with 4 games to go. For the record I don't think that will happen, two draws more likely on Saturday imo

That would leave them with just 2 wins in their last 10 matches. Like last season, they have the distraction of the Cup. Hibs have a good run in on paper but as we've seen all season they struggle to motivate themselves when playing the teams down at the bottom of the league. Three draws in Hibs last four games coupled with us winning our remaining games would see it go down to goal difference, which would be very tight.

I don't think any of the above will happen but we have won 6 games in a row before this season. It would be fun to at least put a wee bit of final pressure on Hibs this season.  

I personally think the league is done even with there recent history of being bottle merchants, would like to see Hibs scud them 5-0 on saturday with morton getting 3 players sent off and 4 players injured.

You've absolutely no chance of winning the league. You'd basically need to win all your games and we'd need to lose them all. us beating Morton would be a better result for you as it would give you breathing space if you win at tannadice which I think you will.

Edited by Hibeesbounce75

10 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

You've absolutely no chance of winning the league. You'd basically need to win all your games and we'd need to lose them all. us beating Morton would be a better result for you as it would give you breathing space if you win at tannadice which I think you will.

I agree better Hibs to win all their games and us to confirm second as soon as possible. we can then rest some players for the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I'm feeling quite meh about the rest of the season to be honest. Even if we finish second, which is entirely possible, I don't think we've got a chance of beating Morton over two legs. They're definitely a better side than us. 

I would say they have the kind of spirit we had last year which is really working for them, but i would totally disagree they are a better side, i think we are better all over the park and we have a lot more depth.

Edited by FalkirkLad

This.

14 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I'm feeling quite meh about the rest of the season to be honest. Even if we finish second, which is entirely possible, I don't think we've got a chance of beating Morton over two legs. They're definitely a better side than us. 

Perhaps on the won 2 basis out 5 they have proven to be better but all the games could've went either way. The 2nd half in the cup game being the only game where we were totally shite but the game could've changed on Craigen scoring when we were on top.

They are a very stuffy team to play and perhaps its a case of them having the defensive tightness we had last season that we don't this season. 

If we do play them in the play offs, its gonna be the same again, very tight and what best way to get our first win v them, than in the play offs.

36 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I don't agree at all. I wasn't at the Cup game but over the 4 league games against them this season I've seen nothing that concerns me. Two even games at Cappielow with us being the better side both times at TFS.