The Falkirk FC Thread

Yet he brought the laddie back.

Maybe he expected him to take his chance and he has fucked up? Don't know as I not seen the U20's. But clearly the manager has issues with his ability to make a first team impact

Could it be as simple as the manager prefers other senior players at this time and o'hara like the other good performers in the 20's will need to bide their time rather than o'hara fucking it up?

Or maybe he just doesn't see him as a 1st team player full stop ?

Something is wrong when Shepherd gets the nod on the bench rather than O'Hara to be honest. The former won't get a bigger club than us IMHO.

Shepherd is only on the bench (based on the last game) as with McHugh and Miller on the bench, you don't need 3 strikers. As has been seen this season, Shepherd has filled in out wide when needed.

So why recall him from his loan to East fife? Doesn't make sense Houston bringing him back and then not playing him.

I could be wrong but I think he brought him back when we were at our poorest this season and shortly after we went on a bit of a run.

Could be that he was planning on mixing the team up a lot and then we started playing better so didn't need to involve O'Hara over the other strikers who're playing for their contracts now.

With Baird, Miller and McHugh out of contract we'll likely see Houston's plans for O'Hara in the close season.

Quite a few with contracts up I think but assume we have offered new terms to some and for me, hopefully the ones with a *.

Rogers
McCracken
Leahy
Watson
Kerr
Sibbald*
Taiwo*
McKee*
Baird
Miller*
McHugh
Shepherd
Aird*

Let's assume we don't go up and we are looking to win the league next year.

The players I'd look to keep would be
Rogers
Leahy
Watson
Sibbald
Taiwo
Baird
Miller

Ideally the starting XI would be

Rogers

New RB
Grant
Watson
Leahy or Gallagher

New RM
Sibbald
New CM
Hippolyte

Austin
New striker

Subs from: Thomson, Leahy/Gallagher, Kidd, Muirhead, Gasparotto, Taiwo, Craigen, Baird, Miller, O'Hara

I'd be looking to try and move one of Kidd/Muirhead and Craigen out the door

20 hours ago, RichieBairn said:

Dundee Utd won 2-1 tonight. One point behind us with a game in hand. If we get our act together could finish 2nd but quite easily finish 4th if we don't get back on the winning streak, very tight. Will go to the last game I'm sure.

That was only their 2nd win in their last 8 games. We've taken 14 points in that period compared to their 8. Still think we hold the advantage over them, but can't afford to lose at Tannadice.