The Falkirk FC Thread

I'd keep (or at least try to keep)

Leahy

Watson

Sibbald

Taiwo

McKee (depending on fitness)

Baird (unless there's someone obviously better out there)

Miller (to keep coaching and a sub )

Aird

Can't see Leahy and Sibbs staying unless nobody wants to pay for the latter.

Feels harsh on McHugh as there's been some great moments but doesn't produce often enough for us.

12 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Quite a few with contracts up I think but assume we have offered new terms to some and for me, hopefully the ones with a *.

Rogers

McCracken

Leahy

Watson

Kerr

Sibbald*

Taiwo*

McKee*

Baird

Miller*

McHugh

Shepherd

Aird*

Not many on that list are good enough for the Premiership so a massive overhaul for next season then.

In terms of strikers for me, I'd want BSLM kept with more of an emphasis on coaching the younger strikers but also playing in the Development games and available off the bench if needed.

Austin will still be there and hopefully Ohara gets a chance. Ideally id web wanting him to take over he Baird mantle. With 12 years on him and pace to burn I'd hope he would take his chance. I'd be looking to get shot of Baird and/or McHugh.

I'd agree re: Miller, think he still has plenty to offer footballing wise and in a mentoring capacity. As well as simply being BSLM 

I'd also keep Baird for next season, although the future is obviously O'Hara and Austin.

Based on current squad and on being in this division next season we should be looking at a starting XI of:

gk: Thomson

rb: Kidd

lb: Leahy

cb: Gaspo

cb: Grant

cm: Taiwo

cm: Sibbald

rm: Aird

lm: Hippo

cf: Austin

cf: O'Hara

Distinct possibility several of those won't be here next season, so Muirhead for Grant, Gallacher for Leahy, McKee for Sibbs, someone else for Hippo, assuming those 4 move on.

Austin has the best goals to game time ratio of any of our strikers currently (this season), which doesn't surprise me. What I think says it all, though, is that this season from 25 games Miller has a better goals to game-time ratio than Baird. Baird is nearly 60 minutes worse on average per goal and has only played 4 games more than Miller in the championship so far. I know Miller is older, and thus likely to tail off much quicker next season, but for our first choice striker Baird should be substantially ahead in those numbers. Just for the sake of comparison Nicky Clark is a clear 100 minutes per goal (over 24 games) better than Baird and quite a few Pars fans I've asked about it still don't seem convinced by him. 

41 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

I'd agree re: Miller, think he still has plenty to offer footballing wise and in a mentoring capacity. As well as simply being BSLM 

I'd also keep Baird for next season, although the future is obviously O'Hara and Austin.

Based on current squad and on being in this division next season we should be looking at a starting XI of:

gk: Thomson

rb: Kidd

lb: Leahy

cb: Gaspo

cb: Grant

cm: Taiwo

cm: Sibbald

rm: Aird

lm: Hippo

cf: Austin

cf: O'Hara

Distinct possibility several of those won't be here next season, so Muirhead for Grant, Gallacher for Leahy, McKee for Sibbs, someone else for Hippo, assuming those 4 move on.

Either team sounds gid tbf.

O'Hara and Austin would be a dream come true.

It would, and if we retain Hippo and Aird that's plenty pace up top and out wide.

McKee although we've not seen much of him looks to have a bit of drive on him too.

Sibbald really ought to be at a higher level, and on that i saw the record had him linked to Ostersund in Sweden. Shit article with no merit but i cant help thinking he could do better than that

If Sibbs goes I think Housie should put some faith in Craigen being the creative source from the middle of the park from the start of next season. Craigen and McKee in the middle sounds tasty with Taiwo to come in for either.
Also, get Rory Loy back.

I certainly hope not.

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

If Sibbs goes I think Housie should put some faith in Craigen being the creative source from the middle of the park from the start of next season. Craigen and McKee in the middle sounds tasty with Taiwo to come in for either.

Also, get Rory Loy back.

This most certainly does not sound tasty. Infact it sounds minging. Also I hope you're at the wind up with the Rory Loy chant. 

I think we need a new striker to partner Austin and Loy may fit the bill? O'Hara will surely get his chance next season but I think it would be too much to expect him to be a first choice week in week out.

I would keep McHugh before Baird precisely because he does make a difference when coming off the bench and, as others have suggested, I would keep Miller too as a player coach. Shepherd will hopefully be surplus to requirements. (Nothing against the lad but he's not going to be a first pick and should be given the chance to do that elsewhere.)

Kerr seems to be a yard slower than when he arrived and Houstie surely must see this. He's only going to be even slower next season so I'd let him go.

In terms of strikers for me, I'd want BSLM kept with more of an emphasis on coaching the younger strikers but also playing in the Development games and available off the bench if needed.

Austin will still be there and hopefully Ohara gets a chance. Ideally id web wanting him to take over he Baird mantle. With 12 years on him and pace to burn I'd hope he would take his chance. I'd be looking to get shot of Baird and/or McHugh.

O'Hara has not had a look in since returning from East Fife. Speaking to guys who attend 20's games nor should he be.

No matter what league we are in the following IMO should be let go.

Rogers
Watson
Kerr
Baird
McHugh
McCracken

Of the out of contracts you want to keep

Aird
McKee
Sibbald
Leahy
Miller
Taiwo

Of that list realistically we will only keep Miller, McKee and Taiwo if we don't get up. The others will depend on winning the play offs IMO.

I think the expectations on O'Hara have been too great, greater than when Scott Shepherd actually did more in the Holt season.

He should've stayed at East Fife for the season also, he only started to get into being a first pick when we bring him back to sit stands and play development games.

If we remain in the championship, I can see a lot of the current players remain, we should tho be looking at getting relationships with clubs to get loans in and take advantages like others do.

Crazy decision to loan o'hara even crazier decision to bring him back when he's scored 2 in 4 for EF and getting a run in the team under their new manager.

Plays in a deeper role in the 20's now and has created about 70% of shepherd's goals by all accounts.

Not what the regular attendees tell me.

Entitled to their opinion of course. But wrong.

Seems to be the managers opinion too by the look. I would think he would be a better judge than you or I