The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Grant dropped? Crazy stuff after making the spfl team of the week last Saturday. . McCracken and Watson scares the life out of me. Why two centre half's on the bench too? 

Where does the SPFL team of the week get posted? 

Seems Houston is trying to get himself sacked. A nice wee payoff and a return to the easy life of scouting perhaps? His selection today is absolute lunacy. How hard can it be? Consistently play your best players in their best positions and it gives the team half a chance. Arse around with rotation and formations and it makes things massively difficult. He's 100% to blame for the shambles that this season is becoming. The BOD have had a bit of stick around budgets but how can they be expected to fork out anymore when Houston is incapable of managing the squad he has?

Seems Houston is trying to get himself sacked. A nice wee payoff and a return to the easy life of scouting perhaps? His selection today is absolute lunacy. How hard can it be? Consistently play your best players in their best positions and it gives the team half a chance. Arse around with rotation and formations and it makes things massively difficult. He's 100% to blame for the shambles that this season is becoming. The BOD have had a bit of stick around budgets but how can they be expected to fork out anymore when Houston is incapable of managing the squad he has?

Houston Scouting [emoji23][emoji23]

The clueless c**t has no idea what a decent player is.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I

I can't remember where I saw it mate. It's normally all top flight players but with them being off it was all lower leagues.

Its on the SPFL website every week. And to be fair I dont think I've ever seen it all top flight. They usually go out of their way to include some lower league players. Dom Thomas was in it last week, Joe Thomson the week before and Dobbie has been in it several times this season.

I'm officially done with Houston. Todays team selection to me just doesn't compute - Grant dropped (If injured he shouldn't have been in the squad), Muirhead at right back, O'Hara not in the squad to rest him for a youth cup game, our squad containing 5 centre backs with no midfielders on the bench and the monstrosity of whatever he attempted to do with a midfield of Kerr, Sibbs, Craigen, Hippo and Aird.

We have went backwards this season not replacing key players who have departed in the summer. We have a massive squad of bang average championship players which to no surprise has us playing like an average championship side. None of his signings this season have improved the starting 11.

Being honest, even when we were getting results under Houston we were never enjoyable to watch. We used to be extremely hard to beat playing with a lot of energy and discipline last season. We were extremely lucky with the cup run, which has papered cracks, with fortunate draws and hitting Hibs a sucker punch in the semi-final.

I'd prefer him to walk sooner rather than later before the majority of our fans turn on him at games. 

Edited by wee_bairn

Today was definitely the tipping point for me. In many ways, it reminded me of some of the worst days under Pressley. Disappointed for Houston, who is genuinely likeable and has given us many great days in his time as manager. Nevertheless, it's now clear he cannot take us any further and does not have the scouting ability required to compete at this level. 

Hughes is the man for me. The "WE CUN DO BETTER THAN YOGI" fans can get fucked. Unquestionably the most successful modern era Falkirk manager, and the only manager in recent memory who had the balls to pressure his employers to strive to be better and not accept mediocrity. 

Today was definitely the tipping point for me. In many ways, it reminded me of some of the worst days under Pressley. Disappointed for Houston, who is genuinely likeable and has given us many great days in his time as manager. Nevertheless, it's now clear he cannot take us any further and does not have the scouting ability required to compete at this level. 
Hughes is the man for me. The "WE CUN DO BETTER THAN YOGI" fans can get fucked. Unquestionably the most successful modern era Falkirk manager, and the only manager in recent memory who had the balls to pressure his employers to strive to be better and not accept mediocrity. 

Will Houston do the honourable thing and walk or is it going to cost us to sack him? We are going backwards. Would it be worth giving Ian Murray a chance or would that be worst? Did great at Dumbarton and hadn't a hope in hell at St. Mirren!