The Falkirk FC Thread

Judging by Houston's forays into the transfer market previously I think there is more chance of him being bad! But good luck to the boy, if he is any good he won't be with us come the end of the season. So a 6 month deal probably suits both parties.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Can't really remember even seeing him play but we needed a right sided midfielder and looks like we've got one so fair enough.

If it means leans chance of Craigen and Shepherd getting game time then even better.

unfair on craigen imo, been played in position once and got the winner in a game he played very well, apart from that hes just been chucked out wide, he's not that kind of player.

Happy with this, team has had an obvious gap on that side for ages so I'm glad we've finally got someone in.
6 months probably makes sense for both parties, less risk for us and first team football for him. Hopefully we've got an option to extend if it pans out well.

Welcome to the club Fraser!

unfair on craigen imo, been played in position once and got the winner in a game he played very well, apart from that hes just been chucked out wide, he's not that kind of player.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree he has been played out of position and he did play well away to Ayr. However he started in the same position the next game at home to St. Mirren and was shite.

Despite him playing wide he's still not offered anywhere near enough. Tom Taiwo is hardly a right winger but he goes and puts a shift in there despite him being a central midfielder. Even if playing as a number 10 is his preferred position we've got Sibbald who is better than him there and with the abundance of strikers we have we need to be playing with 2 up top.

Rangers fans are hardly up in arms about his departure. I hope I'm wrong but this seems like just another lazy signing by Houston. Usual criteria applies. I really don't know what all the excitement over him signing is about. Couldn't cut it at this level before why is he going to be a word beater now?

11 minutes ago, ditots said:

Rangers fans are hardly up in arms about his departure. I hope I'm wrong but this seems like just another lazy signing by Houston. Usual criteria applies. I really don't know what all the excitement over him signing is about. Couldn't cut it at this level before why is he going to be a word beater now?

Would much rather have our new right winger Don Thomas than Aird that's for sure.

Time will tell but will hopefully fill the role that's been so badly needed. Why we didn't sign a speedy winger in the summer I don't know.Hopefully now now with Aird, Hippolyte , O' Hara and a fit Austin we can inject some much needed pace about our play. We're crying out for a bit energy and excitement. Here's hoping.

Are you the clown known as Olaf from the almost defunct One F?

34 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Would much rather have our new right winger Don Thomas than Aird that's for sure.

I thought he was only on loan to Queens?

Aird's sevco contract wasn't up till 2018 so he's taking a gamble ripping that up to come to us. At least he's keen to get game time instead of getting paid to sit on the bench at ibrox.

Edited by Shadwell Dog