The Falkirk FC Thread

If you're a professional full time athlete you need to take care of your body. Shovelling puff pastry into your mouth after a game is stupidity and suggests a lack of dedication. I'd eat better than that after a game of fives.

My first post was worded poorly I will concede [emoji38]

33 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Shovelling puff pastry into your mouth after a game is stupidity and suggests a lack of dedication. I'd eat better than that after a game of fives.

Believe it or not, that's inaccurate.

Immediately after a game is the one time you can eat whatever you like. The important thing is to get nutrition back into your body as quick as possible to replenish what you've lost. The form the nutrition takes isn't important.  I know because I asked the club medical staff about it after the team bus stopped at a fast-food location on the way home from an evening game in the Highlands. Generally clubs will feed the visiting team before they leave, but on this occasion the host club didn't do it, hence the stop on the drive down the road.

As an example, Inverness used to stop at a chip shop in Auchterarder after every away game.

You might be surprised to know that one of the most common foods given post-match by clubs is pizza, which isn't generally classed as health food.

Immediately after a game is the one time you can eat whatever you like. The important thing is to get nutrition back into your body as quick as possible to replenish what you've lost. The form the nutrition takes isn't important.  I know because I asked the club medical staff about it after the team bus stopped at a fast-food location on the way home from an evening game in the Highlands. Generally clubs will feed the visiting team before they leave, but on this occasion the host club didn't do it, hence the stop on the drive down the road.
As an example, Inverness used to stop at a chip shop in Auchterarder after every away game.
You might be surprised to know that one of the most common foods given post-match by clubs is pizza, which isn't generally classed as health food.

I will sleep tonight, thanks

20 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't understand - a couple of hours of physical activity is exactly the same as training. Why not eat pizzas and chips every day?

Smoking v junk food...

Some of our best players smoked and I've more than once met Sibbs in old Georges usually after defeat.

Mental strength v ability overcomes unless you are a player that is whose game depends on fitness.

36 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I heard the chip shop in Auchterarder was good, but Inverness must have really liked them to do that. It is a fair detour for them after playing the likes of Ross County or Aberdeen away. 

35 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't understand - a couple of hours of physical activity is exactly the same as training. Why not eat pizzas and chips every day?

Just what I was thinking. I've decided I'm some fuckin specimen btw!

If you're a professional full time athlete you need to take care of your body. Shovelling puff pastry into your mouth after a game is stupidity and suggests a lack of dedication. I'd eat better than that after a game of fives.

My first post was worded poorly I will concede [emoji38]

You're a sap. Get a life ffs.

Not sure if Marsh is being serious here or not? Most bodybuilders/athletes will have a re-fuel day once a week which will contain a higher carb macro quantity than most days. Pizzas/Steak Pies etc can all quite easily be consumed without feeling 'guilty' and mainly known as 'cheat meals'. For example, 2600 cals training days 2200 non training and 4000 re-fuel with a recovery day following. I'm more concerned about Sheps ability with the ball rather than his diet!

Right behind Marshy on this one. I saw Kevin O'Hara out his nut on a Saturday night after a game and got internally raging. May seem like I'm overreacting but people like James Milner and Daniel Sturridge have never had a drink in their life, the player who is fresh on a Sunday and out running has much more chance of making it in the game.