The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I mean seriously. On what planet could you ever consider that a foul to QOS.

I wish we had the tabloids to promote this joke of a decision like the Weegie pair do.

This joker will continue to make an arse of himself until he screws over a big team and suddenly the press will care.

I've watched a few U20s games, I think Sheps does well at that level BUT he's more often than not up against young boys not much bigger than he is.

As seen from his cameo appearances in the first team & when he's in/around the box he's more often than not eased off the ball or they simply go through him like he isn't there.

I can understand why Houstie plays him on the wing as a sub but his impact is minimal. I can think of an assist last year at Raith but nothing from this year, although could be wrong.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I've watched a few U20s games, I think Sheps does well at that level BUT he's more often than not up against young boys not much bigger than he is.

As seen from his cameo appearances in the first team & when he's in/around the box he's more often than not eased off the ball or they simply go through him like he isn't there.

Like the Queens boy.

Who also won a foul for it.

Exclusive interview with Peter Houston

In it he outlines how he has laid the groundwork for leaving Falkirk, describes how alcohol sometimes helps, tips two current Falkirk players to reach the top of the game and compares Ian Cathro to Arrigo Saachi. 

(And names his favourite curry in line with having an Indian Sign over Easter Road)

http://www.scottishfootballtips.com/interview-peter-houston/

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I can understand why Houstie plays him on the wing as a sub but his impact is minimal. I can think of an assist last year at Raith but nothing from this year, although could be wrong.

Two assists last year, depending on how you define assist. He had the one against Raith and also puts the cross in against Hibs which a defender headed to Leahy to score the thunderbolt that brought us back to 2-2. Before Sir Bob stepped up to consign them to another season of First Division football. :thumsup2

One assist this year, also against Raith. He played a cross back to the centre of the box for Lee to head into the net.

38 minutes ago, Fitba Tips said:

Exclusive interview with Peter Houston

In it he outlines how he has laid the groundwork for leaving Falkirk, describes how alcohol sometimes helps, tips two current Falkirk players to reach the top of the game and compares Ian Cathro to Arrigo Saachi. 

(And names his favourite curry in line with having an Indian Sign over Easter Road)

http://www.scottishfootballtips.com/interview-peter-houston/

Never took him for a Chicken Madras man.

9pts needed from the next 3 games starting today. Even then we need United & Hibs to drop points too.

Sounds like their will be changed today but can't see any more than 4 at a push which for Houstie is way off his usual tinkering.

A win today sets us up nicely for Boxing Day against that lot.

Jobbie to return.

I think Houstons done a decent job since arriving and I've been very supportive of him however I must admit to being hacked off with this summers signings and today's changes. Rankin for vaulks!!! Craigen for Alston! Kidd!!?? Dropping luca and leahy today after a five game unbeaten run. Tonight I was thinking the same Ian mccall or even Jim duffy if he leaves...

Anyway I'm away to get a life

We are crying out for a settled team, as we had last season.

I didn't disagree changes were needed for today but I'd much preferred he tinkered it at home as opposed to away.

This league was there for the taking and feel this is an opportunity that's going to pass us by, similar to the year Dundee & Hamilton were fighting it out with us.

The BOD need to back Houstie in January but it's maybe too late already. We certainly can't afford to lose many more games, especially when Hibs & Utd continue to drop points.