The Falkirk FC Thread

What's the likely hood of us strengthening in January? We're needing a natural right sided winger brought in, but are the board going to give Houston the cash

There will be no January signings unless we ship a few out.

You're absolutely right though we should have signed a right sided winger in preparation for Alston leaving, who did we sign? James Craigen on a pre contract, who's a number 10. The poor recruitment in the summer has cost us.

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

There will be no January signings unless we ship a few out.

You're absolutely right though we should have signed a right sided winger in preparation for Alston leaving, who did we sign? James Craigen on a pre contract, who's a number 10. The poor recruitment in the summer has cost us.

If craigen continues to get the chance and finds his form (there is a player in there) with Austin getting back up to speed and Grant coming back that is like 3 new signings right away. 

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He said at the AGM he hoped to get a few bob to spend on another player. Mind you he also said we'd be appealing the Taiwo red card and that turned out to be a load of hogwash.

In regards that I've a feeling we were appealing assuming the ref has sent him off fo tye tackle being 2 footed --which it wasnt

We've said we are gonnae appeal and then the report comes in saying he's sent him off for something different and we've changed our mind.

17 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

In regards that I've a feeling we were appealing assuming the ref has sent him off fo tye tackle being 2 footed --which it wasnt

We've said we are gonnae appeal and then the report comes in saying he's sent him off for something different and we've changed our mind.

We'll never know as for some strange reason the whole explanation on why we withdrew the appeal was kept under wraps. If your idea was indeed the case then I'm sure most of us would've said ok no problem if we'd simply been told. Otherwise the fact its all a big secret means people wonder if it was the cash or if someone at the club made an arse of it.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If he did he wouldnt be publicising it. Houston will have an idea who he wants and will give the names to the board for consideration.

^^^^ Not ITK in any way, just seems like common sense and id be amazed if that wasnt how it works

I wouldn't expect him to name names but can't see anything wrong with him saying I have a few players in mind or something similar. I'd like to think that we plan ahead and have replacement players in mind in case any of our current team leave and a number of players we would be interested in signing to add to the squad if cash is available.

3 hours ago, Falkirkyabass said:

I've heard from numerous folk that we're in for Jai Quintongo. Dunno if anything will come of it as they won't let him go on the cheap.

Hasn't kicked a ball against us....Still in Muirheads pocket.

I'm not suggesting he isn't a player, just the games I've seen him in, also Aberdeen game, he hasn't done anything for me to say aye, that being said, he's out our price range that Morton will be looking to gain