The Walking Dead

King Kebab

I can't fucking wait.

I wonder if they'll do the storyline from the comics with Shane(that's Rick's partner right?)

Spoiler from the comics if you haven't read em:

Carl(Rick's son) ends up shooting him cause Shane and Rick get into a fight and Carl thought he was gonna kill his dad

It's pretty edgy but so is the AMC network so we might see it.

Are you still up to date with the "Graphic Novelisations", as there has been some pretty shocking shit recently, none more so than in the last two issues!!!:o

June's one was shite it was properly flicked through.

Looks like a game is on the way but it's not based on the same characters.

It's been the talking dead for a long time, but we finally got a look at what Telltale's upcoming Walking Dead episodic series would look like.For the Walking Dead, Telltale didn't want to create a series that just followed the show or the comic, and neither did series creator Robert Kirkman. Instead Telltale created a new charter named Lee – a prisoner who was being shipped to prison on the day the Zombie outbreak occurred.

Telltale told us that the game isn't about saving the world, it's about solving the problems right in front of you, problems like having a broken leg or being hungry. Telltale is hoping to capture this spirit of survival in the game. The game is about exploring small intimate spaces.

Since the comic is in black and white, the game gets to explore the use of bright vibrant colors, while also keeping a very comic book centric art style. "We're trying to make the characters feel drawn even when they're moving and talking," said designer Sean Vanaman.

The game is still about talking to people and solving puzzles like many adventure games, but Telltale is also working to make player choice persistent throughout the series. If you choose to save a character in the first episode they'll remain throughout the series, but if they die you'll never seen them again. Players will have to live with the choices they make. "Characters will mention things you did earlier in the game and comment on how they feel about your actions," explains Vanaman.

We still haven't seen the game in action, but the game looks great in still images. Check out some of the game's concept art below, and see how it compares to the actual in-game art. This is the first in-game screen that Telltale has released.

Some images(put them in tags so it's not a massive post:

game610.jpg

4666.WD_5F00_Concept_2D00_Motor_2D00_Inn_5F00_picnik.jpg

WD_Concept-House-Backyard.jpg

WD_Concept-House-Interiorb.jpg

WD_Concept-House-Interior.jpg

Edited by forehead7

• 2 months later...

Only 15 more sleeps!!!:thumsup2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grWV8WZtAQc

The part where you see Rick running through the field holding the kid, running towards the farmhouse and the elderly couple looking out at them could be the introduction of the Greene's Family don't you think???

16th in the States, 18th here!!!

Isohunt awaits!!!;)

laugh.gif I actually thought it was the 18th in the States. I was going by a list of premieres from a link Cityfan had posted in the US TV shows thread. Guess they messed up or I read a 6 as an 8. Sweet. Can't wait.

I'm just wondering how far they'll go. I mean the graphic novels are just that, graphic. Some very dark shit. I know AMC(the network who air it) are pretty lax and allow more than others like Fox or ABC but there's some stuff in it that I don't think even they will allow.

Some potential spoilers:

Carl(Rick's son) killing people including his partner. All the stuff with the Governor, including torture, rape and Rick losing his hand. The stuff at the prison where Rick cold-bloodedly kills the black guy.

That all happens in the comics, but I have no idea if there's any plans to have it in the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Good opener, I'll hold off all comments until Friday when I rewatch it but the ending is fucking shocking.

Lots of tense moments as well, long may it continue!

Just about to watch it after the latest Boardwalk Empire, is it as good as the first series? Was a bit worried Darabont's influence will be missed this year :unsure:

Just about to watch it after the latest Boardwalk Empire, is it as good as the first series? Was a bit worried Darabont's influence will be missed this year :unsure:

Seems so, but he was probably involved in this episode, not sure when he pulled out in relation to filming etc.

Very tense and lots of suspense. Quite a few moments I got a bit nervous for the characters involved ph34r.gif

I don't want to get too much into it since I don't even want to put tags up for spoilers but Daryl(the redneck guy) is fucking amazing, really starting to love him despite his asshole-ness.

Very tense and lots of suspense. Quite a few moments I got a bit nervous for the characters involved ph34r.gif

I don't want to get too much into it since I don't even want to put tags up for spoilers but Daryl(the redneck guy) is fucking amazing, really starting to love him despite his asshole-ness.

Aww they've picked up right where they left off in terms of quality, really intense stuff. The ending was cruel as hell though, really blind-sided me tbh

I am assuming it's someone from this farm that shot the wee boy, hence why they run up to it next week?

Good ep.

Just watched the first episode and thought it was great. This is by far the best thing on TV right now.

Yeah, you'd think it was someone from there that shot him. Hopefully they've picked up the wee girl too.