The Walking Dead

King Kebab

With the way they've left it with Negan, they've essentially started to rebuild society properly. Perfect time to start wrapping it up properly. Hopefully. But probably not. Ratings will surely plummet without Rick. I know I'd stop, because it would be a clear sign that there is no end otherwise.

Announcing it before season 9 even starts would be a strange move as there would be no element of surprise when he gets killed off. If it's true they are going to announce it then they must be thinking they could never keep it secret anyway.

So Cohan is leaving the show too.

Not upset at that, think she's a poor character. Hopefully we get a zombie baby death for her.

God knows what they'll do with the show. Is 16 episodes enough to tie it up and end it? I feel that would be for the best.

Dragging it out for another 4 seasons with Daryl as the main lead sounds so depressing.

Not sure how they can wrap it up so quickly in one more season. Haven’t read the comics but the Whisperers storyline has still to come, will that take one season? Even if it did, they would need to take their time and wrap up the series. Another two seasons at least I think.

They generally drag the arse out of storylines. They could get a shitload more in than they do so I expect it'd be doable to wrap it up in one more season. If they did then do it then it'd likely be one of the best seasons they've had as they'd have to cut down on all the filler.

• 1 month later...

I gave up after Series 6 due to it being so tedious but got a new Amazon account so caved in and went back to it. It really is awful - not a single likeable character amongst them and just bad writing all round.

I'm also convinced that it's just thinly veiled right wing propaganda by this point. The knight mob wanting to overthrow the saviours and go to war because they did want to give them 12 of their melons. Tory c***s.

Apparently they make it to Washington in this upcoming series, I think there'll be a fair time jump as well....and low and behold they seem to have come to an end of the fuel supply and are now traveling by horse and cart and so on. Read it on digital spy , can't find the link.

34 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Apparently they make it to Washington in this upcoming series, I think there'll be a fair time jump as well....and low and behold they seem to have come to an end of the fuel supply and are now traveling by horse and cart and so on. Read it on digital spy , can't find the link.

I thought all the livestock would've been munched by now too!

If it is going to be everyone turning o Rick, I'm out. The trailer hints at that pretty strongly but maybe it's a bluff. Looks like a lot of it is tensions between the different groups which, to be honest, isn't likely to be that exciting. It's not exactly anything new.

The only hope is that the herd and helicopter play a big enough part to move the story on properly

If it is going to be everyone turning o Rick, I'm out. The trailer hints at that pretty strongly but maybe it's a bluff. Looks like a lot of it is tensions between the different groups which, to be honest, isn't likely to be that exciting. It's not exactly anything new.

The only hope is that the herd and helicopter play a big enough part to move the story on properly

Looks like that irritating boot Maggie is going to be heavily involved [emoji51]

looks half decent but given how utterly awful the last 2 seasons have been I'm sceptical
I'm fully preparing for the season to be 5mins of action as outlined in the trailer padded out with 40 mins of utter mince x 16. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised and they move things along at a fair rate to get things wrapped up.

Have a horrible feeling that Andrew Lincoln 'leaving', rather than making the writers wrap it all up, will result in him wandering off on his own leaving a door open for a return 6 seasons later or so!

Looks like that irritating boot Maggie is going to be heavily involved [emoji51]

As opposed to just being heavily pregnant!!!

Love it when folk dis Maggie, it gives you an opportunity to stick up a couple of fine photos of her and then everybody goes "you know what, she's alright is Maggie looking forward to seeing her in the new Season"!!!

IMG_3978.jpg.842fcb96989d663c4d098fc32ff5cc0b.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg.e1f814381d7c43b5ad493f68e1add407.jpg