The Walking Dead

King Kebab

16 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

She won't be missed. There is only a handful of characters i am bothered about now.

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yip I find her more irritating with every scene she's in. She does this thing with her lips after every sentence that has really started to annoy me emoji38.png

15 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Thank f**k.

Seriously???

1cc9afa8d0cf8e1aa06674fcd847cf2d--lauren

Maggie is one of only four original characters left in the Comics and is a very important character at that, if they are planning to follow the comicbook storyline more closely, as has been reported, this could create problems, but then again Carl is one of the four still kicking about in the comics and is arguably an even more important character there and they had no qualms about giving him his toaties in the show so i suppose all bets are off!!!

But still...

s-l300.jpg

I'd be surprised if they didn't agree to give her a salary closer to that of Norman Reedus or Andrew Lincoln, considering she's been in it almost as long and is supposed to be one of the most important characters. You'd also think it'd be something they'd want to avoid PR-wise that they're not willing to pay her as much, especially with the recent focus on the wage gap.

In terms of the actual show, Maggie plays a pretty big part in the comics, but I'd imagine they could just have Carol taking over her comic story, and not having Cohan signing on gives them a chance to pull off a 'shock' death, which would be our season finale sorted.

Seriously???
1cc9afa8d0cf8e1aa06674fcd847cf2d--lauren-cohan-maxim-maggie-greene.jpg
Maggie is one of only four original characters left in the Comics and is a very important character at that, if they are planning to follow the comicbook storyline more closely, as has been reported, this could create problems, but then again Carl is one of the four still kicking about in the comics and is arguably an even more important character there and they had no qualms about giving him his toaties in the show so i suppose all bets are off!!!
But still...
s-l300.jpg

Those are very good reasons for keeping Maggie

2 minutes ago, scoobles said:

I'm guessing I might have other views in that scenario.
Dead and still warm and hasn't turned? Might take my chance

I wasn’t actually meaning her being dead, just being unwashed and not had a change of clothes for a few years. But then again, it didn’t put Glenn off... :lol: 

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Been listening to fan podcasts recently, most hammering the first half of the season.

Picked up something interesting though, Andrew Lincolns contract is up at the end of this season. That has a big say on how long the show has left.

Surely the show won’t end at the end of this season? While it has to end soon, it would be rather anti-climatic if they ended it with the Negan storyline?

Edited by IainMorton

Surely the show won’t end at the end of this season? While it has to end soon, it would be rather anti-climatic if they ended it with the Negan storyline?

No your right, they can't end it at the end of this season. Unless Negan kills everyone [emoji23].

Say he signs a 2 year deal, could be best best case scenario to give it 2 more seasons to wrap it up. The show dies with Rick.

30 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

No your right, they can't end it at the end of this season. Unless Negan kills everyone emoji23.png.

Say he signs a 2 year deal, could be best best case scenario to give it 2 more seasons to wrap it up. The show dies with Rick.

Will be a strange experience when it does end as it’s the only ongoing show that I watch. Any other show I’ve only started watching after it finished, so not sure how I’m going to feel...

Edited by IainMorton

Will be a strange experience when it does end as it’s the only ongoing show that I watch. Any other show I’ve only started watching after it finished, so not sure how I’m going to feel...

Catch up on Stranger Things and come up to date for Season 3. Problem solved :)

What about GOT?

I'll miss it but AMC are doing there dam best to ruin it. That fkin CGI deer alone is enough to kill the show off.

There is going to be a point where Andrew Lincoln wants to move on to bigger and better things. Hope we get a few more seasons yet but only if it gets back to its best.

22 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

What about GOT?

I'll miss it but AMC are doing there dam best to ruin it. That fkin CGI deer alone is enough to kill the show off.

There is going to be a point where Andrew Lincoln wants to move on to bigger and better things. Hope we get a few more seasons yet but only if it gets back to its best.

Never watched GOT and from what I’ve heard it’s not really my thing.

I think TWD will get back to its best if it goes back to what the show is about, living in fear of the dead. It gets kinda boring when they are living in a safe place and fighting bad guys. Get them out in the woods with nowhere to live and a herd of walkers getting closer. Much more fun.

26 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I think TWD will get back to its best if it goes back to what the show is about, living in fear of the dead. It gets kinda boring when they are living in a safe place and fighting bad guys. Get them out in the woods with nowhere to live and a herd of walkers getting closer. Much more fun.

This.

The best thing about TWD is hordes of zombies ripping the flesh off humans. That's what we want.

Edited by Consolidate

2 hours ago, IainMorton said:

The irony.

Funnily enough I get slagged off about that in work. I just think that TWD is a bit more “life like” and in the real world. I can’t be doing with sci-fi or fantasy stuff.

I felt the same, I hate Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter but GOT is good, it's more political with twists and plots, that fantasy side of it bubbles away under the surface but doesn't actually have much to do with the show until the later seasons. The final season will be focused on the fantasy though.

I prefer the walking dead but GOT is worth a watch.

So predictions for Sunday is pretty obvious, will be mainly a Coral & Rick episode. Wonder if Negan will suss out they are in the sewer.