The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Or (hopefully) the entire cast of Fear die fairly soon except for one, who appears on TWD a couple of years after the event (but in current TWD time) having travelled across the States.

The only way it would make any sense would be one of TWD joining Fear in some kind of flashback or one of Fear joining TWD with a backstory of how they've been travelling/surviving for years.
I know 8mile says theres no clarity in the timeline but its glaringly obvious that even the first season of TWD is well after the current Fear season

Think you’ve misinterpreted my post? Yes, it’s glaringly obvious the first season of TWD is well after the first season of Fear, but as the second & third season of Fear have dragged along, I’m not really sure where Fear’s at in relation to TWD. And now that the show makers have suggested there’s going to be a crossover, I’m unsure if we’re meant to assume the timelines are now in a similar place, or whether this crossover is going to be told in some kind of flashback episode.

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Think you’ve misinterpreted my post? Yes, it’s glaringly obvious the first season of TWD is well after the first season of Fear, but as the second & third season of Fear have dragged along, I’m not really sure where Fear’s at in relation to TWD. And now that the show makers have suggested there’s going to be a crossover, I’m unsure if we’re meant to assume the timelines are now in a similar place, or whether this crossover is going to be told in some kind of flashback episode.

Fair enough, I see what you mean.

This article reckons that Fear is basically at the point where Rick wakes up. If the cross-over happens in the next season of Fear it would still leave it some way behind TWD

Fear the walking dead starts as the outbreak begins, and they are now maybe a few months after (6 months max, more likely 2 or 3 months), Walking Dead starts with Rick having been in a coma and walking up with the outbreak in full effect, so likely about a month in at most.

Given Judith is now a toddler that makes it about 2 years post outbreak at least.

My thinking would be that given the current location of around the US border in Tijuana  and further east into the dessert for Fear the walking dead, its not that far to Texas and it might play into the start of Eugene's back story

Yassss!!!
The return of Abraham and double Rosita could be the ONLY way that this abortion of an idea would get the green light!!!

• 2 weeks later...

That was absolutely woeful. Genuinely think I might be done with it. The dialogue from Rick, Maggie, etc was as horrific, as cringeworthy as it was contrived and boring.

When the only way they can attempt to insert any form of excitement or interest is by throwing in random explosions and gun fire, you know the gig's fucked. Just have Negan beat Coral and Rick to death, end the show and be done with it.

Better than its been. Time jumps seem utterly needless, and I'm bored if these inspirational speeches. No idea how Began can stand in front of twenty armed folk desperate to kill him and not got shot. Rick passing up a free shot to hit a window instead is a real nadir moment for this storyline

Looks like I'm in the minority but I enjoyed that. 

As a run of the mill episode it would have been decent enough but as a season opener I was expecting carnage. Suppose the gang taking out a few of Negans guys in that explosion counts as a small win.

Gregory though ????. I hope Father Gabriel is praying hard right now.

Aye, I enjoyed that as well. Hoping they've got enough that we won't have about 6 pointless episodes but I wouldn't put it past them.

If Auld Rick is a flash forward rather than a dream/fantasy I'd expect that to be the mid season finale, so if that's the case they should be able to get through this war without many fillers.