The Walking Dead

King Kebab

An OK ending to a pretty poor season i thought, the tiger was pretty cool. 

Wont miss Sasha in the slightest just wish had taken a few more of the dull ones with her! How did she know she would turn in time for Negan opening the coffin and wouldn't just flop out on the floor? How come the zombies only make a sound when it's convenient to the plot? Why wasn't Sasha growling from within the coffin, surely she would have heard the talking from outside? Iv didn't like the flash backs, felt they didn't add anything and slowed the pace down too much. 

Then smelly garbage people are the worst that's ever happened in television, so not doubt season 8 will start with their 3 episode back story! 

That's my moan over! 

15 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

An OK ending to a pretty poor season i thought, the tiger was pretty cool. 

Wont miss Sasha in the slightest just wish had taken a few more of the dull ones with her! How did she know she would turn in time for Negan opening the coffin and wouldn't just flop out on the floor? How come the zombies only make a sound when it's convenient to the plot? Why wasn't Sasha growling from within the coffin, surely she would have heard the talking from outside? Iv didn't like the flash backs, felt they didn't add anything and slowed the pace down too much. 

Then smelly garbage people are the worst that's ever happened in television, so not doubt season 8 will start with their 3 episode back story! 

That's my moan over! 

I don't think Sasha/ the zombie could hear anything when in the coffin. I'm sure Negan says words to that effect when taunting Rick. Agreed on the garbage people, hopefully they are slaughtered soon

Sure that rapey guy turned quite quick. So did Spencer. She asked Eugene how long was the journey, he said 2 hours at least, she knew she had plenty of time to turn.

As for the tiger not attacking the goodies, sure Rick and Carl already met the tiger when they went to meet the King. Long stretch i know but the tiger knew them. Could have been trained to seek and destroy who knows, who cares it's a programme about zombies.

Same with people who get bothered by GOT, it's all fantasy not based on real life.

The garbage people are shite though, will be nice to see them slaughtered.

Sure that rapey guy turned quite quick. So did Spencer. She asked Eugene how long was the journey, he said 2 hours at least, she knew she had plenty of time to turn.

Read quite a few gripes from viewers moaning about how quick or slow the dead turn. They're forgetting this was explained in season 1 when they were at the CDC.

Read quite a few gripes from viewers moaning about how quick or slow the dead turn. They're forgetting this was explained in season 1 when they were at the CDC.

Crazy I forgot all about that. Googled it to remind myself. Yeah in that case they better hope there is a cure out there. In that episode it said France were on the verge of a cure then the Dr lost all comms didn't he.

Crazy I forgot all about that. Googled it to remind myself. Yeah in that case they better hope there is a cure out there. In that episode it said France were on the verge of a cure then the Dr lost all comms didn't he.

The guy at the CDC said they'd had test subjects and some of the dead would take a day or so to turn but the quickest had been 2 minutes or something like that.

And aye, the French were meant to have made a breakthrough on a cure before they lost comms.

10 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

The guy at the CDC said they'd had test subjects and some of the dead would take a day or so to turn but the quickest had been 2 minutes or something like that.

And aye, the French were meant to have made a breakthrough on a cure before they lost comms.

Do you happen to know if, in the show's universe, Australia is meant to be totally unaffected by the outbreak? Read this somewhere (here?), but don't think the show has ever made any reference...

Do you happen to know if, in the show's universe, Australia is meant to be totally unaffected by the outbreak? Read this somewhere (here?), but don't think the show has ever made any reference...

It isn't entirely clear, I think it's open to interpretation but I think we're meant to assume that the infection is global for a variety of reasons:

* In series 1, Jenner, the CDC guy mentions a possible cure and tells Rick & co that the French may have developed something as they stayed in the labs until the very end, but unfortunately communications were lost.

* There's never been any sign or mention of other countries sending aid to survivors.

* No radio broadcasts being picked up in foreign languages.

and probably most obvious of all...

* No hint or suggestion of an international military effort to destroy all the walkers.

However, the creator of the comics has been deliberately vague with regards to how far the infection is spread, but we do know or it's been suggested that North America, Canada, parts of Mexico and parts of Europe are gone, though only France & Spain have been directly mentioned in the show or comics.

Did they not admit they felt they made a mistake when they had Jenner say the whole world was infected?

I'd assume that means they want to have a cure, or international help, at some point.

Did they not admit they felt they made a mistake when they had Jenner say the whole world was infected?

I'd assume that means they want to have a cure, or international help, at some point.

Think that's right. Fairly sure the guy who writes it said in an interview or on some show that if he was given the opportunity to do that Jenner bit again, he'd probably not include any suggestion of how far the infection is spread and where is or isn't infected. It's still open to interpretation though...

Despite Jenner saying in season 1 that the whole world is fucked, that Europe was last to go and the French stayed in the labs until the very end, I seen a TWD/FTWD 'Infection Map' on some Twitter page the other day, with all the directly mentioned places from each show known to be infected, coloured red. The only places coloured red were British Columbia in Canada, parts of Mexico, only France & Spain in Europe, and in the U.S, maybe only 30% of the states. The states infected appear to be predominantly on both the East and West coasts, with the infection only as far inland as Colorado from the West, Tennessee from the East and Texas in the South at the moment.

Makes me wonder if either or both series will run for a while yet with both series developing with their characters having to travel again to survive as supplies get scarcer and with the infection moving further inland.

I would like to think that the show moves towards finding a cure for the disease soon, as the whole "find a safe place, bad guy comes along, fight bad guy, get forced out of safe place and go on the road before finding another safe place then repeat from the beginning again" thing is kinda boring. We need something to happen which will take the story in another direction.

14 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I would like to think that the show moves towards finding a cure for the disease soon, as the whole "find a safe place, bad guy comes along, fight bad guy, get forced out of safe place and go on the road before finding another safe place then repeat from the beginning again" thing is kinda boring. We need something to happen which will take the story in another direction.

Add dinosaurs into the mix.

Maybe the comicers will know what way it goes and put up a spoiler for us.

14 hours ago, IainMorton said:

It should go back to a more basic time ,the endless cars, petrol and electricity is ludicrous,they don't even try and conserve any of it,if this is 3 years down the line surely the petrol that had been knocking around has all been used by now,.

59 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

It should go back to a more basic time ,the endless cars, petrol and electricity is ludicrous,they don't even try and conserve any of it,if this is 3 years down the line surely the petrol that had been knocking around has all been used by now,.

Then we end up with Revolution TV show, fighting with swords and riding on horseback and all that hokum.

2 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Some people will be left who could produce various forms of fuel, Alexandria is solar powered etc and there's a shitload of cars to cannabilise spare parts from.

Tho we regularly see the kingdom stoating aboot on horses so I'm guessing their fuel supply is limited.

On 4/15/2017 at 17:03, Stevo Fife said:

An utter shit-fest of a season finale.

Quite possibly the worst episode of whats been a pretty poor season.

Would have been good to see Carl getting beaten to a pulp by good old Lucile. That boy can't act to save himself.

Yep, he's more wooden than Lucile.:(

On 14/04/2017 at 00:44, IainMorton said:

I got to the point where they reached Terminus before I stopped watching for exactly this.