The Walking Dead

King Kebab

The Zombies are the worst part of the programme by a distance now, as they should be. We're years in to an apocalypse and the people left have survived living with those Zombies for years, they know by now fine well how to deal with them, and how to avoid them (especially allowing for 'deterioration' slowing them down, etc as IainMorton says), and bar any mass herds or surprises (stuck and hidden in undergrowth, etc) the Zombies should now be as much of a relevance as the Lib Dems in an election, they're there, but they don't pose any threat and no one takes them seriously. 

The Zombies are merely the plot device used to trigger for the apocalypse, the way people are dealing with their lives being turned upside down and how they now interact with the new world order is of far greater significance, and is much more interesting.

The worse part of the programme is the different groups, the junk yard dogs are pathetic, like something from an old Star Trek episode, and that 'king' with his tiger, that's jumping the shark if I ever saw it.

The worse part of the programme is the different groups, the junk yard dogs are pathetic, like something from an old Star Trek episode, and that 'king' with his tiger, that's jumping the shark if I ever saw it.

Sort of agree.

I preferred the zombies actually being dangerous. That was more enjoyable than the interactions between the groups. Season 2/3 in the farm house with Hershel where they were all shitting themselves going out and doing things was great looking back.

Sort of agree.

I preferred the zombies actually being dangerous. That was more enjoyable than the interactions between the groups. Season 2/3 in the farm house with Hershel where they were all shitting themselves going out and doing things was great looking back.

Absolutely, loved the 1st few seasons where the only threat was the walkers, the gov, Merle etc. The sooner this all kicks off the better imo.

Absolutely, loved the 1st few seasons where the only threat was the walkers, the gov, Merle etc. The sooner this all kicks off the better imo.

Even at the prison, had like a wee camp set up, the group worried/scared about going beyond the walls. Always had me on edge watching and made it much more interesting.

Michonne even going to the lengths of walking about with they 2 zombies on leads, all them covering themselves in zombie guts trying to sneak by them.

Now though nobody gives a f**k. Would've been better if they'd kept that aspect of the show for me.

I get that the zombies have devolved since the outbreak but it's just far too easy now. At the funfare Rick and Michonne took out around 50+ on their own. Managed to get stuck in car surrounded by them and then Rick falls, gets surrounded again but gets away no bother. Both of them also got surrounded in the episode when they mowed them all down with th chain. There is no suspense or drama now when they come up against them anymore.

Considering all you need is one nip and your infected, big groups should still carry a threat and be treated with caution.

I thought that episode was all pretty slow and telegraphed, as soon  as we saw that guys wee brother and the fact he had met a girl you knew he was a goner and that was going to set Morgan off.

The thing that annoys me the most tho is why the f**k did the saviours only want 12 melons! They take half of everything from Rick but only 12 melons from the kingdom! 

11 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

I thought that episode was all pretty slow and telegraphed, as soon  as we saw that guys wee brother and the fact he had met a girl you knew he was a goner and that was going to set Morgan off.

The thing that annoys me the most tho is why the f**k did the saviours only want 12 melons! They take half of everything from Rick but only 12 melons from the kingdom! 

They had 24 melons?

The deals obviously become fairly detailed and takes account of what's finished growing when. The first few loads we saw them hand over were significantly bigger and mixed.

Only on the pre-theme scenes with them teaching hilltop how to fight, but Maggie seems to somehow get less pregnant as the weeks go by. She has no bump whatsoever and an ultrasound which seems to show a fully grown foetus. Bizarre.

Only on the pre-theme scenes with them teaching hilltop how to fight, but Maggie seems to somehow get less pregnant as the weeks go by. She has no bump whatsoever and an ultrasound which seems to show a fully grown foetus. Bizarre.

Don't have any sort of clue just going on a hunch, any chance of a zombie foetus? That would be pretty cool, albeit sad as the baby would be dead.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Don't have any sort of clue just going on a hunch, any chance of a zombie foetus? That would be pretty cool, albeit sad as the baby would be dead.

I'm not convinced they'd want to televise that situation tbh, feels like a line crosser.

Its not TWD specific, but the fact everyone seems capable of starting a car in second by merely rubbing two wires together, absolutely infuriates me. Theres genuinely more chance of a zombie outbreak than someone starting a modern car that way.

I'm not convinced they'd want to televise that situation tbh, feels like a line crosser.
Its not TWD specific, but the fact everyone seems capable of starting a car in second by merely rubbing two wires together, absolutely infuriates me. Theres genuinely more chance of a zombie outbreak than someone starting a modern car that way.

Yeah probably. Although there has been a baby zombie i'm sure, but for it to happen to Maggie it would have to involve a mis-carriage which could be seen as going too far.

I think that is the case. Young lad at work was saying that in the comics, baby Judith dies during the groups time at the prison.

Aye i didn't know this either till i stumbled upon a video on youtube of the deaths in the comics up to a certain point in the tv show. It's pretty horrific.

13 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yeah probably. Although there has been a baby zombie i'm sure, but for it to happen to Maggie it would have to involve a mis-carriage which could be seen as going too far.

They had a bit last recently when that fat bird (denise?) goes out scavenging with Darryl and that, and finds baby stuff in a locked room, and its heavily suggested it was eaten. I can't imagine they got a great reaction after that tbh.

I think that is the case. Young lad at work was saying that in the comics, baby Judith dies during the groups time at the prison.

So did Carol!!!

Don't think they'll go down the "dead baby" route, pretty sure the birth and subsequent safe arrival of Glenn's progeny will be used as a metaphor of everything coming up roses and it's all going to be alright sort of thing!!!

Incidentally the actress who plays Rosita was heavily pregnant during the filming of this episode and looked even thinner than she did in previous seasons!!!

So did Carol!!!

Don't think they'll go down the "dead baby" route, pretty sure the birth and subsequent safe arrival of Glenn's progeny will be used as a metaphor of everything coming up roses and it's all going to be alright sort of thing!!!

Incidentally the actress who plays Rosita was heavily pregnant during the filming of this episode and looked even thinner than she did in previous seasons!!!

I was thinking maybe they'll do a episode 20 years into the future with Judith and Glenn's baby.