The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Thought it was a decent finale although I did find it odd how the remaining Saviours gave up so easily. One minute they are all out to kill Rick and his group, next they are back at the sanctuary planting crops with them...

No answer to the Helicopter stuff? 

Rick chases Negan behind the only tree in the field, then gets surprised when Negan jumps out from behind the tree!

Jesus now wants to over throw Rick for not killing Negan even tho he has preached not killing anyone these last two season! 

This used to be one of the best shows on TV but the decline has been steady for a few years now. I can't see it lasting much longer! 

Absolutely. She is and always has been fucking awful. That screeching tantrum when Rick let Negan live was just an annoying noise.

Aye, she's just not a very good actress imo. The Americans love her and were calling her the new leader, they just can't grasp this is Rick's show.

Also, what is the deal with that c'nt Jesus? Why is he all of a sudden having secret meetings with Maggie? Surely he isn't going to flip flop back to wanting Negan dead? Don't get me started on Daryl too. Reedus must be getting paid a fortune, would love to see the dollar to word ratio. He has no lines!

It's a different ending to previous seasons, no cliffhanger but definitely a chapter closed on the show.

New showrunner now, Scott Gimple has made a rip roaring c'nt of the Negan storyline, hopefully it gets back on track now and the second half of this season were definitely steps in the right direction.

There wasn't really anything in the scene that suggested to me that Jesus wanted to kill Rick. My guess is that he'll tip him off about it and it's a way for them to get Maggie out of it early in season 9 if she's not signing another contract. Daryl being there was a bit weird though, interested to see what happens either way. 

Still a good episode anyway, anything that winds the moaners up gets bonus points for me too. 

Thought that was fairly decent , sure it didn't finish on a cliffhanger like previous seasons but enough left open to suggest next season will be different. Thought the throat slash was a great move from Rick , realistically tho he couldn't kill Negan or else that would have completely invalidated Carl's legacy.
Definitely get the feeling that it's moving back towards humans Vs the dead again.

8 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

No answer to the Helicopter stuff? 

Rick chases Negan behind the only tree in the field, then gets surprised when Negan jumps out from behind the tree!

Jesus now wants to over throw Rick for not killing Negan even tho he has preached not killing anyone these last two season! 

This used to be one of the best shows on TV but the decline has been steady for a few years now. I can't see it lasting much longer! 

The last we seen of the helicopter it was over the rubbish tip obviously with the intent of picking up Jadis. The last we seen of Morgan last night was at the rubbish tip, so as it stands I’m going to assume, as suspected, that the helicopter is going to be how Morgan crosses over into Fear The Walking Dead. The new season of Fear starts next week so hopefully the helicopter/Morgan theory is answered soon.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

The last we seen of the helicopter it was over the rubbish tip obviously with the intent of picking up Jadis. The last we seen of Morgan last night was at the rubbish tip, so as it stands I’m going to assume, as suspected, that the helicopter is going to be how Morgan crosses over into Fear The Walking Dead. The new season of Fear starts next week so hopefully the helicopter/Morgan theory is answered soon.

I've never watched Fear, is it good?

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I found it to just be Walking Dead but in LA (and later Mexico), but others may disagree.

Thats exactly what it is, which is why it was initially disappointing. Supposedly gets better but I havent stuck with it long enough. Keep meaning to go back to it

On the finale, I enjoyed it, although the last 20 minutes was unnecessarily slow. Really disappointed with the whole Maggie/Rick thing though. If they turn against him and it becomes some massive in-fight I will be done with the show.

2 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

I’ve noticed that the first 3 seasons are on amazon prime, I may binge on that over the next week or so. Is the new season that’s coming soon on Fox?

Is it Fox it's coming to?  Was it not on BT before?  I used to have to watch it through Couch Tuner as I couldn't get it on my Sky package.

So sorry, I don't know!

I've never watched Fear, is it good?

I like it, and also started with it which kind of works with the story time-line wise. As it stands I actually think I might prefer Fear over TWD.

However, if Fear runs to 8 seasons or more I may feel differently depending how it pans out. But as it stands, despite having its moments, Fear hasn’t got as truly stupid as TWD yet.

i thought it was starting straight after the finale, well in the states anyway or are you just talking about over here?

Aye I was just meaning over here. No idea why its getting delayed a week here as I’m sure seasons 1-3 started straight after TWD and simultaneously between US/UK. I’ll no doubt be watching it online before it’s on here anyway.