The Walking Dead

King Kebab

I don't think so.

They are teeing it up for Rick to try and make peace with Negan and all hell will break loose if that happens.

Weird image at the end though with Rick appearing to have the same bite as Coral. Have we just been duped and its somehow Rick that has been bit? Or is that just a symbol of how Coral's death will affect Rick?

I don't think so.

They are teeing it up for Rick to try and make peace with Negan and all hell will break loose if that happens.

Weird image at the end though with Rick appearing to have the same bite as Coral. Have we just been duped and its somehow Rick that has been bit? Or is that just a symbol of how Coral's death will affect Rick?

I thought the shot of Rick might be a set up for the season finale.

blogger-image-1077623691.jpg

^^^ sums up the episode for me. I spent most of it wishing he would hurry up and die already. I can't help but think after getting to know the character over 8 seasons I should have been a bit upset about his death. Nothing. Not sure if it's due to poor character development, the boy's shite acting throughout or my growing disinterest in the show but I felt nothing.

I found myself shouting at the TV again. I may well have missed the point entirely but can someone tell me why, after wiping out all that crew Carol and Ezekiel were trying to stop Morgan killing the leader? I mean, fucking seriously?! Why wouldn't they kill him?

Another 20 minutes worth of story dragged out over an hour. Next.

8 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I don't think so.

Horrible feeling Rick gets bitten at the end, and that scene is how it ends. Rick goes, so does the show. He'll probably be bit saving some absolutely nobody Saviour and it'll bring peace between the two factions or that. 

blogger-image-1077623691.jpg.bff8d19e4ab9f1163ecb8ce7c313008d.jpg

^^^ sums up the episode for me. I spent most of it wishing he would hurry up and die already. I can't help but think after getting to know the character over 8 seasons I should have been a bit upset about his death. Nothing. Not sure if it's due to poor character development, the boy's shite acting throughout or my growing disinterest in the show but I felt nothing.

I found myself shouting at the TV again. I may well have missed the point entirely but can someone tell me why, after wiping out all that crew Carol and Ezekiel were trying to stop Morgan killing the leader? I mean, fucking seriously?! Why wouldn't they kill him?

Another 20 minutes worth of story dragged out over an hour. Next.

I think it’s time for you to give up on this program, I get the feeling that your not enjoying it any more. Don’t feel bad about it that’s why I gave up on Eastenders 15 years ago.
Let go.

I think it’s time for you to give up on this program, I get the feeling that your not enjoying it any more. Don’t feel bad about it that’s why I gave up on Eastenders 15 years ago.
Let go.

I have given up on it tbh but I refuse to stop watching until I know how it ends. We've had that discussion on here previously. If they came out and said there is 3 seasons left I'd stop watching completely but it surely has to be close to the end now.

Such a potentially excellent show has just run itself into mediocrity.

A few questions. How long does it take to 'turn'? Are there different reaction times with normal death or bites? Theres no way they would let someone with the potential of turning, anywhere near the rest of the group including an infant. Also, had this not been Ricks son, they wouldve been mercy killed very quickly

It varies quite a bit with deaths, Jenner at the CDC way back in series one said it took anywhere between three minutes (I think Shane was even quicker than that) and eight hours. There was a whole bit in the Fear spin-off about this too, as they were actually experimenting by killing people and then waiting for them to turn.

The bites seem to vary quite a bit too, obviously depending on where or how they were bitten. It's the infection and/or the loss of blood that seems to make the difference. Bob took ages to turn, remember he even had his leg eaten unwittingly as "tainted meat" by the terminus folk? That seemed to last for ages. Whereas others who have been bitten somewhere that they've bled out quickly have turned pretty quick (struggling to think of any specific example right now though).

Anyway, your last point is just wrong. They know he won't turn until he's dead and they're there with him anyway watching over him before he dies. This seems to be their standard approach rather than just killing someone when they're still very much themselves, just like of the aforementioned Bob - they let him die before finishing him off.

I have given up on it tbh but I refuse to stop watching until I know how it ends. We've had that discussion on here previously. If they came out and said there is 3 seasons left I'd stop watching completely but it surely has to be close to the end now.

Such a potentially excellent show has just run itself into mediocrity.
This pretty much sums it up for me . I think they've written themselves into a bit of a corner whereby it's turned into a kind of soap opera rather than a horror drama . Feels a bit like the show itself has turned into merely a vehicle for fan based engagement (such as the talking dead etc) .
Will continue to watch it tho as I feel I've invested too much time into it to not see it through to the end. 1 more season ending in either a cure being found and society being restored or total bleak annihilation with the only survivor being that CGI deer picking away between Rick and Judith's rotting carcasses will do me fine.

They  writers don't seem to have learned anything from the backlash the first half of the season received.

And what I really can't understand is the chronic under use of some of the shows best characters.  

Andrew Lincoln looks like he's chucked it now TBH. 

Edited by Pepper