The Walking Dead

King Kebab

The Americans are fuming ????.

Had to happen. Carl has hardly been in it, it's been well documented for a while that he's been hard at his studies, he's not a very good actor lets be honest, we can all see that but the Muricans can't. They all assumed the show dies with him, clearly the show dies when Rick dies, maybe it's different in the comics.

Only tinge of sadness is he's been in it from the beginning and were down to 3/4 characters who've been in it from episode 1? But f**k it he had to go. Should have been a much better character than he was.

Rick is going to go absolutely loopy though and I can't wait to see it. Suppose it's different from Carl being murdered, he was bit ffs, how is it possible to be bit? Would have preferred Negan taking him out but Negan has a soft spot for him.

Was a tense episode, which was nice, spent all episode waiting for a huge death so was perhaps a bit underwhelming. Carl being bitten (I wish they'd made it a bit clearer it was back when he first rescued the new guy it happened) is a cracker though. Rick going full Rick on the first Saviour he finds should be fun.

Ooft, that was worth the wait. Was wondering if Carl would die based on something Riggs tweeted a while back (was a bit of a goodbye/thank you to the actors on TWD, the kind a departing actor usually puts out after their character's death), and cutting his hair for a movie, but assumed he was just at the wind up. 

Can't wait to see Ultimate c**t Rick, think he'll be turning Negan into spaghetti with Lucille.

28 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Another chance to spray Negan with machine gun fire, when Coral was on top of the wall/fence. Lets not do that though, lets have a chat instead.

Always enjoy the scenes between them as it seems that Negan has a soft spot for Coral and kinda sees him as a long lost son or something.

48 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Always enjoy the scenes between them as it seems that Negan has a soft spot for Coral and kinda sees him as a long lost son or something.

Yeah in his fight with Rick he said in a few years Carl was going to be one of his top guys. 

Another chance to spray Negan with machine gun fire, when Coral was on top of the wall/fence. Lets not do that though, lets have a chat instead.
What do you think happens with the Saviours when Negan dies though?

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's hilarious, rakes of them claiming that's them done with the show completely emoji38.png

Is the problem not that quite a lot of them are though? I'm sure I read that the ratings now are currently the worst they've been since series 2.

The viewing figures have dropped from 17m in season 7 to 7.5 million in season 8. 

I was surprised with the death of Carl as Kirkman who wrote the comics always said the whole series was actually Carl's story rather than Ricks but I'm pretty sure he left the production at the start of this season. 

Real shame how bad this show has become.

It actually is. I was watching the latest episodes thinking the same thing. Rather than give us 5 seasons of great memorable television they've well and truly jumped the shark and this show will be pretty forgettable a few years after it's eventual finish.

Just caught up on the last 3 episodes. Thought the finale was absolutely gutter tbh. The ending wasn't enough to save it for me. Slow and boring but I can't be bothered dissecting it.

My biggest gripe with this season so far is that the first 8 episodes haven't really added anything to the bigger picture. Before this season The Saviours were in charge and the group were in no position to overthrow them. Effectively what's happened is 'Our Group' has attempted to take them down and failed. So we begin the second half of this season with The Saviours in charge and the group in no position to overthrow them; a far weaker position even. Could the first 8 episodes really not have been condensed into 2 or 3?*

I think they really need to pull out all the stops in the next couple of episodes because if it's just more boring slow paced plans leading to a grand finale at the end then their ratings could drop even further.

* Obviously excluding the loss of Carl which in true TWD style we were practically eased in to the 'Shock' at the end.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My biggest gripe with this season so far is that the first 8 episodes haven't really added anything to the bigger picture. Before this season The Saviours were in charge and the group were in no position to overthrow them. Effectively what's happened is 'Our Group' has attempted to take them down and failed. So we begin the second half of this season with The Saviours in charge and the group in no position to overthrow them; a far weaker position even. Could the first 8 episodes really not have been condensed into 2 or 3?*

Whilst I still thoroughly enjoy TWD and still think there are far too many moaning fuckers on this thread, I can't wholly disagree with the above.

When there were previous storylines with bad guys (The Governor, Terminus cannibals etc) it was wrapped up pretty quickly, but this story with Negan and the Saviours has been going on since half way through season 6 and people are getting bored with it now as there appears to be no endgame. Time to move on and get people interested again.