The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Negan is the best thing in the programme by a billion fucking miles. It's not even close. Only reason worth watching.

The scenes with Sascha and Abraham and the Maggie monologue at the end were utterly horrific. That Rick and Michonne are still alive is also really fucking stupid considering the situations they were in. Action was good though, cliche, but good.

Rick and Rosita are dead to me after trying to blow up Eugene.

That wasn't Rick, that was C'nt Rick.

I knew the garbage mob had turned when the sniper gave Michonne that look.

The f'kin tiger though [emoji7].

Don't feel sad about Sasha one bit, but she went out like a champ. Knew she wasn't gonna kill Negan though. Spoiled when it was announced he was signed up for season 8, but that could mean he's only in it for a couple of episodes. It won't though.

How did the tiger know who the bad guys were, surely it would've just killed randomly.

They're in a southern state where it's warm, yet negan stoats aboot wearing a leather Fonzy jacket.

And was all that Sasha stuff really needed...

Thought it was decent enough but that really should have been the mid-season finale. They've stretched this season out far too long.

Rick, Carl etc. are untouchable so there wasn't really any suspense when Negan was threatening to kill them.

Felt like an older episode, and a huge improvement on the rest of the series. The Sasha bits were maybe one flashback/box clip more than needed, and the ending was over egged beyond belief, but I felt genuine tension the moment the rubbish folk heel turned on Rick and somehow completely forgot that this is a zombie show and Sasha would turn if she died, so got a surprise when she burst out.

A bit ridiculous no main character died considering they all had guns to their head, and disappointed to see Carl survive again. Also disappointed Michonne survived, in the first few seasons you'd be expecting her to have died there. A lot of plot protected characters these days though.

Thought it was decent enough but that really should have been the mid-season finale. They've stretched this season out far too long.

Rick, Carl etc. are untouchable so there wasn't really any suspense when Negan was threatening to kill them.

I felt like that end, and the end scene, was painting Maggie as a potential "main" character. I reckon they'll try and kill Rick off at some point if ratings drop.

I felt like that end, and the end scene, was painting Maggie as a potential "main" character. I reckon they'll try and kill Rick off at some point if ratings drop.

I'd rather the show just ended than make her the main character. They have been hinting at Ricks hand for a while though.

A good ending would be Judith beside Glen/Maggies baby in 20 years time with either things back to some sort of normality or just them still trying to save the world but it's never going to change.

28 minutes ago, bennett said:

They're in a southern state where it's warm, yet negan stoats aboot wearing a leather Fonzy jacket.

DC's in the north chief, where the monthly average varies from 4 to 27.

It's a shame how far this has fallen. It's been through some peaks and troughs before, but that whole series was just bad, from beginning to end. It was slow, boring and most of it was completely pointless. I think they probably need to call time on it now. Make next series the last, and make it good. 

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Felt like an older episode, and a huge improvement on the rest of the series. The Sasha bits were maybe one flashback/box clip more than needed, and the ending was over egged beyond belief, but I felt genuine tension the moment the rubbish folk heel turned on Rick and somehow completely forgot that this is a zombie show and Sasha would turn if she died, so got a surprise when she burst out.

A bit ridiculous no main character died considering they all had guns to their head, and disappointed to see Carl survive again. Also disappointed Michonne survived, in the first few seasons you'd be expecting her to have died there. A lot of plot protected characters these days though.

I guess the writers probably felt Sasha was a main character. It's just that nobody gives a flying f**k about her.

I also for a moment had completely forgotten that Sasha would have turned though.

I'm not sure I get the hate. This season along with 6 for me has been hands down the best, far more interesting than oh look lots of dead things, smoosh them!

Characters have been more constant where as in previous seasons they were flipping about from one extreme to the other simply to create 'tension' in the group. 

Thought that was brilliant, couple things I didn't fully get but it is a show about a zombie apocalypse so I probably don't have much of a point :lol: I'm just struggling to believe how after all that gunfire there wasn't a single walker in sight, and how Sasha, amongst the all the gunfire; a) didn't get shot, and b) walked away from all the noise/people.

Not too surprised to see people not happy with it, still too many words and not enough flashing lights and colours to keep them interested apparently.

That was a good finale; plenty going on, with various twists and turns (however predictable some may have been). I'm glad Sasha is gone, because she was a bit of a damp squib. It's somewhat surprising that she was regarded by the creators as such a main character that it was felt all those flashbacks/forwards were necessary, particularly given her stunt didn't take out Negan, but they didn't take anything away from the episode as a whole. I'd agree with assessments that there are quite a lot of "meh" characters like her in the show, though none I think are completely shite. It's becoming harder to stay as invested in the "core" main characters - perhaps a slight case of familiarity breeding contempt. 

Looking at it from a wider angle, I'd say the fact the show's floundering a bit can be attributed to three things in the main. For clarity, I'm presenting these as someone who's never read the comics. Firstly, the fact they set the bar so high with an outstanding first few seasons doesn't help their case. Due to the fact the characters were all relatively new (and with other survivors appearing fairly regularly), you were constantly being fed new bits of information about them and had little idea of what the next plot development was set to be or who was going to get bitten/killed, which kept it fresh and exciting. Second is the fact that, as the show's elapsed, it has become increasingly apparent that there's unlikely to be a cure for the infection. In S1 you had the beacon of hope that was the CDC, then the next few seasons saw a lot of new blood/movement/deaths/drama before Eugene, Abraham and Rosita appeared (in S4?) with the promise of getting to Washington. Once that was burst (S5?), it became solely about survival (and in the one place) for the next two seasons. Even with the introduction of the fantastic ultimate b*****d Negan, sizeable losses in Alexandria and the deaths of some popular characters, it just feels a bit stale, particularly with the slow pace of most of S7. Lastly, and another result of the passage of time, is the fact that virtually every main character is now skilled in combat and dealing with walkers. It's another thing which removes a deal of unpredictability. The show does get a fair bit of heat for portraying "the untouchables" getting out of ridiculous situations a fair bit, which is something I'd certainly agree with. It can be difficult to believe some of the decisions they make to get into those scenarios in the first place. Another small point about the show that irks me somewhat is the idealism/(temporary) abandonment of principles in the show: there's the bit above about Sasha fucking off into the forest instead of staying around the gunfire (why did none of Negan's men kill her straight away?), and the fact that we were told a scratch would cause infection - yet we've only ever seen a bite cause someone to turn. Plenty of other examples of similar inconsistencies dotted throughout the show. That's only a minor gripe, though. 

It's hard to imagine a direction they could take it in after the Negan conflict is resolved which would make the show a compelling/worthwhile watch, so unless some drastic game-changer is afoot, I hope they can come up with a good ending and wrap things up fairly soon. 

I'm, probably in the minority camp that thoroughly enjoyed the entire season but was a bit disappointed by last night's episode.  It just didn't feel like payoff for an entire season to me.  Negan's still stoating about with Lucille in the Savior's sanctuary, barkng out orders.  The only difference is, he's declared war.

I think some people's problem with it is that it's not all action, all the time.  I don't think it could be, nor should it be as it's became increasingly clear that "the walking dead" are the humans who are surviving the apocalypse rather than the walkers and a lot of the focus of the story is about their struggles with what the world has become and who they've lost along the way.

I hope they make many, many more seasons.

One good thing about the finale was actually seeing Negan on the back foot and looking like he was in danger and scared for his life. Usually you see a cocky guy barking out orders with everyone bowing down at his feet, but it was different last night.

Still don't see the point in the garbage yard people. Strange characters who add nothing to the show. It was obviously they were going to turn on Rick's group when Negan arrived.

Also, and it's probably been mentioned before, but how does Carl manage to shoot anything when he doesn't have a right eye? :lol: 

Edited by IainMorton