The Walking Dead

King Kebab

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

Pretty underwhelmed by it all again.

It genuinely baffles me the amount of flak this programme takes.  What do people expect? Non stop action every episode for 7 seasons?  We're clearly building to something pretty large.  I can honestly say I've enjoyed every episode ever made of The Walking Dead.  Some more than others, granted, but I never find it boring.  Perhaps, as a Killie fan, I've got a low entertainment threshold....

Also, Rapey Davy. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Fide said:

It genuinely baffles me the amount of flak this programme takes.  What do people expect? Non stop action every episode for 7 seasons?  We're clearly building to something pretty large.  I can honestly say I've enjoyed every episode ever made of The Walking Dead.  Some more than others, granted, but I never find it boring.  Perhaps, as a Killie fan, I've got a low entertainment threshold....

Also, Rapey Davy. :lol:

I don't know what to hope for in it but its just slogging it out like the last few series, I watched 2 episodes last night and can't tell you much that happened of noting apart from rapey davey. 

The walkers are still a threat too, even if the viewers are always cheated by the silent zombies off camera and all of a sudden they do that crazy noise and pop up out of nowhere.

So who is the Lee Wallace then?

Heath's been gone with no explanation for a while. I reckon it'll turn out to be him.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I don't know what to hope for in it but its just slogging it out like the last few series, I watched 2 episodes last night and can't tell you much that happened of noting apart from rapey davey. 

I'm not having a pop at you personally, but if it feels like a slog for a couple of series, why stick with it?

Also, I can't agree that not much happened of note last night.  Without spoiling things, we had pretty big goings on in Oceanside and Sasha in solitary with Negan and Eugene.

I thought last night's episode was thoroughly enjoyable.

1 minute ago, Fide said:

I'm not having a pop at you personally, but if it feels like a slog for a couple of series, why stick with it?

Also, I can't agree that not much happened of note last night.  Without spoiling things, we had pretty big goings on in Oceanside and Sasha in solitary with Negan and Eugene.

I thought last night's episode was thoroughly enjoyable.

I know you're not having a pop but its just how i feel about it, theres enough drama to keep me watching it and i want to see what comes of it in the end but just think its being dragged out to f**k and quite repetitive. Thought with the introduction of Negan it would have been different from the last couple of series but its just the same. Im not going to stop watching it or complaining about it i don't think. 

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I know you're not having a pop but its just how i feel about it, theres enough drama to keep me watching it and i want to see what comes of it in the end but just think its being dragged out to f**k and quite repetitive. Thought with the introduction of Negan it would have been different from the last couple of series but its just the same. Im not going to stop watching it or complaining about it i don't think. 

It goes without saying that you're obviously entitled to your opinion.  Fair dos.  I suppose there would be no need for a Forum if we all thought the same :lol:

14 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Heath's been gone with no explanation for a while. I reckon it'll turn out to be him.

Heath left with Tara straight after they thought they'd defeated the Saviours at the outpost. Even if he had resurfaced, he'd have no idea what was going on.

Anyway, they're obviously ready for the fight now but there will be a twist of some sort just as the season ends.

On a side note, was there not something a while back about Daryl potentially being gay? Last week we found out that Jesus was gay. It's just something that crossed my mind when the two of them were all pally and chatting away while setting up the explosives. Could be a new storyline there going forward. I don't think they'd really had much screen time together before that and it felt like a different pairing from normal.

55 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

He'll probably turn up once the actor playing him has finished filming 24:lol: (a bit like how Tara disappeared for a while, while the actress playing her was pregnant)

Heath left with Tara straight after they thought they'd defeated the Saviours at the outpost. Even if he had resurfaced, he'd have no idea what was going on.

Even if he had no idea what was going on, there's plenty more of The Saviours that could've found him, took him in and made him one of them.

Doubt it's him, as it's been mentioned he won't have a clue what's going on unless he has been spying on everyone.

Only reasonable explanation just now would be Gregory at the hilltop, he had a chat with Simon didn't he? Maybe Simon told him to kill Maggie and he couldn't go through with it.

I don't think it's so much a lack of action that makes people feel the programme is boring, but more that the characters are so unsympathetic and have been so badly written that when they do actually face any peril, the majority of people obviously couldn't care less. I'd genuinely say I'd actively want about 80% of the characters in the show to die. The likes of Coral, Carole, Sascha, Rosita, etc are all such utter cuntknuckles that when a walker goes for them, or an enemy has them trapped, I want them to be killed.

In the main, the set-pieces in the walking dead are really good, and some of the major characters have been well written and developed, but the majority of them have been horrendous, as has the pacing of the show in general, and that's why I think so many people complain about it and feel themselves becoming more and more distant from it. It's certainly why I do.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Even if he had no idea what was going on, there's plenty more of The Saviours that could've found him, took him in and made him one of them.

I don't get your point. He hasn't been at Alexandria since before their first fight with The Saviours. He'll be oblivious to Abraham & Glen's deaths, to Rick submitting to Negan, and the resultant "misbehaving" that Negan is now referring to. It can't be him.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Doubt it's him, as it's been mentioned he won't have a clue what's going on unless he has been spying on everyone.

Only reasonable explanation just now would be Gregory at the hilltop, he had a chat with Simon didn't he? Maybe Simon told him to kill Maggie and he couldn't go through with it.

We saw Gregory's chat and he didn't mention Rick or the like, but he is still the most likely suspect. I'm assuming that "taking a ride" bit near the end of the episode is him wanting to run to see Simon. Also, isn't Maggie still hiding from The Saviours there?

11 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I don't think it's so much a lack of action that makes people feel the programme is boring, but more that the characters are so unsympathetic and have been so badly written that when they do actually face any peril, the majority of people obviously couldn't care less. I'd genuinely say I'd actively want about 80% of the characters in the show to die. The likes of Coral, Carole, Sascha, Rosita, etc are all such utter cuntknuckles that when a walker goes for them, or an enemy has them trapped, I want them to be killed.

In the main, the set-pieces in the walking dead are really good, and some of the major characters have been well written and developed, but the majority of them have been horrendous, as has the pacing of the show in general, and that's why I think so many people complain about it and feel themselves becoming more and more distant from it. It's certainly why I do.

I think it's partly down to the fact that it has no clear end direction too. It's in part become a glorified soap, with zombies.

I don't get your point. He hasn't been at Alexandria since before their first fight with The Saviours. He'll be oblivious to Abraham & Glen's deaths, to Rick submitting to Negan, and the resultant "misbehaving" that Negan is now referring to. It can't be him.

He could've been found by The Saviours and fed a load of BS from Negan about Rick and the group. I wouldn't rule him out.

Gregory the shitebag from the Hilltop's a good shout, but I think he might be too obvious.

Assumed that Gregory is going to see Simon to spill the beans about Maggie, Saviours rock up to the Hilltop, capture Maggie and Daryl, take them to Alexandria, Negan makes a point about "the rules" and we've got about half an hour or 15 minutes of gunfire before a cliffhanger for next season.

Probably sounds like a dig, not meant to be. Like others I don't get the amount of stick this gets, almost like it's become a trend to hate things, you see it with movies coming out getting shit reviews no matter what they're like. Loads on Twitter etc saying nothing happened last night, other than Rick's group getting a shit load more guns and probably more people, Sasha not joining the Saviours and still wanting Negan dead (Eugene fucking that up with a pill rather a knife), and Dwight saying he wants to help kill Negan. Nope, nothing at all.

Anyway, where the f**k is Heath and why does no one care? :lol: